PDA

View Full Version : Message from Ron Paul

nullvalu
07-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Hope you're all signed up for his newsletter...

July 9, 2007

A local TV station just called, wanting to follow up on the Sunday ABC interview. Their stated reason: "Your campaign is really picking up steam!"

Darn right, thanks to you and so many others. Of course, some in the media want to see this campaign lose steam. But they’re not going to get their way.

I know that every day: for example, whenever I attend one of our big, enthusiastic meetup groups.

As I look around, I always think: how lucky I am to be part of such a movement. And how many young people care deeply about our ideas.

A friend of mine used to wonder what would become of our movement when all the older members of it passed on. Now, he says, there is no doubt that we are sowing the seeds of an even more vibrant and principled freedom movement. The future can be bright indeed.

At a rally in Nevada the other day, I asked a husband and wife how they had gotten interested in this campaign. "Though our 13-year-old son," they told me.

Remember the complaints that kids were addicted to TV and video games, and ignored the world around them? There are plenty who don't fit that bill. And the tool in their hands and ours is the internet. With it, we can circumvent the biased media.

Later this week I go to Google—perhaps the nerve center of the internet—at the company's invitation, to talk to all their employees. Brilliant young techies are part of our constituency, and I am looking forward to that visit. There are two rallies too.

Won't you help keep our internet campaign going and growing? Please aid me in traveling to our rallies, and in getting the word out in every way possible. Make your most generous donation https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/.

This campaign is picking up steam. But the engine needs fuel. Please join me https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join/ in this great endeavor for America's future.

Sincerely,

Ron

Does anyone have any more info on his trip to Google? As a software consultant/web application developer I am very interested in this.

ChrisM
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Somebody find out which local station is interviewing him and record it for Youtube

PatriotOne
07-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Great letter.

Ron Paul is touring google AND having a rally. The other VIP's attending are fascinating also. If your in California it's going to be a must attend event!

Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:00 AM
Charleston Park
1665 Charleston Road
Mountain View, California 94043

Come see Congressman Ron Paul speak at a rally of his Bay Area supporters! Dr. Paul will share his message of freedom, peace and prosperity at Charleston Park, right next door to Google HQ and near Shoreline Park. The rally will begin at 10 AM, and run till the early afternoon. Be sure to bring a lawn chair, a shady hat, and plenty of water so you can enjoy the Congressman and the lovely California sun. More information can be found at website for the event, www.RonPaulrally.com

Also featured at this event will be G. Edward Griffin, author of “The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve"; Justin Raimondo of Antiwar.com; Joe Bannister, founder of Freedom Above Fortune, and Iraq War veteran Joe Wheeler

Shatterhand
07-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Please tell the Ron Paul campaign to edit the message and repost it.

"Though our 13-year old son,"

"Through our 13-year old son,"

Through, through, through!

Keep it real.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay,,,, this is irritating....

why?

Well, I am on his myspace AND i have donated a number of times, YET I do not receive any literature????

Why isn't the "myspace" account and/or facebook sending out bulletins notifying people of pushes for donations, or just updates etc....

If I have to sign up 'seperately' for a newsletter, why?????

This is one of the disconnects I am having in that the dissemination of 'information' is ineffectualy. If I didn't come to this forum, I would not know what was sent out even though I am a friend of his on myspace.. OR part of his youtube subscribers..... I 'know' he didn't send out anything via myspace or youtube requesting donations OR giving out rally information. This is what that other post was referring to, "we" must root out where the rallys are gonna be at and such.

Even though "myspace", "facebook" and "youtube" is "NEW" media, they have to approach it as NEW, not old school. You can't expect to set up shop and hope poeple come by at their leisure. MOST people will not go to Ron's pages everyday for updates... it would behoove that campaign to sent out bulletin/email blasts every so often... UNLESS YOU ARE ALL GETTING THEM AND I AM NOT.... then I would have to figure out what gives. I didn't realize the 'need' for donations until I read posts here. Trust me, I am sure only a fraction of his pages (youtube, myspace etc...) probably had any incling that donating to a campaign is very very important.

btw, I contacted them via myspace a few weeks past, never heard nothing back. oh... just venting of course :-)

ctb619
07-09-2007, 10:58 PM

why?

Well, I am on his myspace AND i have donated a number of times, YET I do not receive any literature????

Why isn't the "myspace" account and/or facebook sending out bulletins notifying people of pushes for donations, or just updates etc....

This is one of the disconnects I am having in that the dissemination of 'information' is ineffectualy. If I didn't come to this forum, I would not know what was sent out even though I am a friend of his on myspace.. OR part of his youtube subscribers.....

btw, I contacted them via myspace a few weeks past, never heard nothing back.

It's simple, just go to his website and sign up.

PatriotOne
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM

why?

This is one of the disconnects I am having in that the dissemination of 'information' is ineffectualy. If I didn't come to this forum, I would not know what was sent out even though I am a friend of his on myspace.. OR part of his youtube subscribers.....

btw, I contacted them via myspace a few weeks past, never heard nothing back.

Here you go :)

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join/

specsaregood
07-09-2007, 11:12 PM
//

jjschless
07-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Keep in mind the campaign is understaffed and I am sure they are working their tails off to read emails and letters, process donations, answer requests for interviews, booking dates for events/meet-ups/rallies, planning state by state activities and more than I can list of the top of my head.

Also about the email SPAM thing. I believe that because the emails were sent out en masse to thousands of people they are the definition of spam as a computer would see it.

amonasro
07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
I'd like to point out that just recently the Ron Paul Campaign emails sent to my yahoo account have been marked as SPAM and sent to the spam folder. I didn't notice this until I went looking for my "Operation Spooner" emails and found them in the SPAM folder at yahoo also.

Donning my tinfoil hat I may suggest that anti-ron paul people have subscribed to both lists and marked the emails as SPAM so that REAL Ron Paul supporters don't get the emails. But it could just as easily be accidental. :(

Mine come through fine. Spam filters are nice, but annoying sometimes.

Great news about google and his recent ABC interview. People are noticing, donating, and believing... for the first time I really feel like he has a fair shot at the nomination.

I was reading ABC news on my phone today (through WAP) and I clicked on "The Note" which brings readers up to speed on campaigns and recent news. I was surprised (and pleased) to find RP mentioned in the first paragraph!!! He is going to be BIG news and worthwhile for the MSM to cover as the political underdog.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=3105288&page=1

Recapping some lessons from a busy holiday week on the trail: There aren't enough festivals and parades to go around in Iowa. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is looking skyward (!) at the campaign kitty of Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.

Bryan in Iowa
07-09-2007, 11:50 PM
...and on page 3 it said,

"It looks like the Web army knows how to write checks as well as e-mails: Ron Paul's $2.4 million cash-on-hand figure gives him more primary dollars to spend than McCain, and almost as much as former governor Mitt Romney, R-Mass., would have on hand if he hadn't loaned himself nearly $9 million. "I think some of the candidates are on the down-slope, and we're on the up-slope," Paul said on ABC's "This Week."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/Story?id=3105288&page=3