PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article Linked To On Drudgereport

Mike S.
12-23-2007, 07:59 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071223/D8TNC3EG0.html

Somewhat positive on RP overall. And Drudgereport gets a lot of viewers.

InRonWeTrust
12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Not a great article, IMO.

ConstitutionReinstitution
12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Drudge title: "Ron Paul Unleashed On MEET THE PRESS"

Mike S.
12-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Not a great article, IMO.

Compared to some of the stuff last week I mean. Like the attempts to equate RP with white supremest groups. The article "almost" treats him like a legitimate candidate.

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, hopefully with the article people will put their pre-conceived notions about earmarks into question and find out that not taking earmarks does not cut spending...

On the "bright" side, the article could have been much worse and cynical.

dircha
12-23-2007, 09:07 PM
I just cringe though every time I hear it repeated that Ron Paul put in an earmark for some stupid local Shrimp company. I mean, why would he do that? Sure, he can say that he voted against the bill, but he knew that it would pass if he put it in. It just sounds slimy, because it's the same kind of thing that we hear about actual slimy politicians putting in earmarks for.

It just makes me mad that the media is picking up on this now to try to say that Dr. Paul is a hypocrite. Did you see how Russert tried to pin him with Kerry's "I voted for it before I voted against it"? Congressman Paul is the last person in the whole government that deserves to be pinned with this, and yet here he sits with this stupid Shrimp earmark.

Uugghg!

Arklatex
12-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I just cringe though every time I hear it repeated that Ron Paul put in an earmark for some stupid local Shrimp company. I mean, why would he do that? Sure, he can say that he voted against the bill, but he knew that it would pass if he put it in. It just sounds slimy, because it's the same kind of thing that we hear about actual slimy politicians putting in earmarks for.

It just makes me mad that the media is picking up on this now to try to say that Dr. Paul is a hypocrite. Did you see how Russert tried to pin him with Kerry's "I voted for it before I voted against it"? Congressman Paul is the last person in the whole government that deserves to be pinned with this, and yet here he sits with this stupid Shrimp earmark.

Uugghg!

It's also his duty to be the voice of the district he represents in congress.