PDA

View Full Version : Local signage trend

RPatTheBeach
12-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Over the past two weeks, I have observed every single Ron Paul sign around town gradually disappear from the road sides, and over the past two days, I have noticed a LOT of Huckabee signs popping up, almost in the exact same spots. Also a few McCain signs here and there as well. Also have observed a few 4'x8' Huckabee signs pop up outside of businesses here as well.

Not sure what to make of this. Just thought I would share, and see if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

mopar.bo
12-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Shit, no. You get caught messing with Ron Paul signs around here and you get the club.

Jobarra
12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Plant some 'bait' signs in a high traffic area where you have visual access to. Buy a cheap security camera and aim it at the sign. See what happens. I think others have stated it's a crime, maybe even a felony to remove candidate signs during an election season.

piotr1
12-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Over the past two weeks, I have observed every single Ron Paul sign around town gradually disappear from the road sides, and over the past two days, I have noticed a LOT of Huckabee signs popping up, almost in the exact same spots. Also a few McCain signs here and there as well. Also have observed a few 4'x8' Huckabee signs pop up outside of businesses here as well.

Not sure what to make of this. Just thought I would share, and see if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

TAKE ACTION!!! :cool:

yongrel
12-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Paintball guns work wonders

RPatTheBeach
12-23-2007, 08:09 PM
TAKE ACTION!!! :cool:

I can't. My action would be too in-your-face. I've thought about setting fire to the 4'x8' signs, though decided it was in my best interest not to.

hopeforamerica
12-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Action = put more signs up. Never give up.

Misesian
12-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Check your local signage laws (Yes I know the whole political free speech thing). If they require you to purchase, or a bond, and you have them in the proper area where they tell you to put them than you can file a police report for each stolen sign since this is a criminal act of THEFT.

The security camera thing or a stakeout is probably one of the only ways to catch the thieves, or if you file a report for every stolen sign the cops woulud probably keep an eye on them so that they don't get anymore reports on these!

We had a 4'x8' sign we put out stolen from us the very next morning. These had wooden frame for them and everything. Filed a police report on that one for sure.

I can't believe the Huckster is actually getting 4'x8' signs out in California. If it was me 10 years ago I'd have spray painted nWo over all his signs.