Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I think we should get a RP supporter of great wealth to carry the blimp
*cough*jOhn MayER*cough*

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I think we should get a RP supporter of great wealth to carry the blimp
*cough*jOhn MayER*cough*

Who is "jOhn MayER" - and did you contacted him yet?

akforme
12-23-2007, 08:13 PM
It's gotten a lot of news and good news.

JordanL
12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Those you "hug" the blimp. What is the advantage for it - other
than wasting hundred-thousands while we could use this money
to publish multiple full-page ads all over America instead?

Pure Luxury?

Ah. So now you come out of your pretend indifference of the first post in to your adament and confused opposition of the very idea of the blimp.

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Who is "jOhn MayER" - and did you contacted him yet?

the singer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A) who is supposedly worth $40Million. he could bat 100K out of the corner of his eye

FreeTraveler
12-23-2007, 08:16 PM
If you don't like the blimp, don't donate. Vote with your dollars. I think it's very tacky and shows low character to attack the efforts of others who are working for the same objective you are supposedly working for.

Have you checked the thread that shows all the press this thing is getting, or even goggled "Ron Paul Blimp" in google news lately?

Find your OWN productive project to work on or support, or go away. I've HAD IT with the trash talk here. You're no friend of Dr. Paul if you can't understand that people have different approaches, and it's not YOUR JOB to make people do everything YOUR WAY.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Ah. So now you come out of your pretend indifference of the first post in to your adament and confused opposition of the very idea of the blimp.

If you don't like the blimp, don't donate. Vote with your dollars. I think it's very tacky and shows low character to attack the efforts of others who are working for the same objective you are supposedly working for.

Have you checked the thread that shows all the press this thing is getting, or even goggled "Ron Paul Blimp" in google news lately?

Find your OWN productive project to work on or support, or go away. I've HAD IT with the trash talk here. You're no friend of Dr. Paul if you can't understand that people have different approaches, and it's not YOUR JOB to make people do everything YOUR WAY.

No. I wonder why most people are against the Blimp in one
poll and overwhelmingly supporting it in another Poll.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:25 PM
So what's the advantage of the Blimp? Did you compare the Blimp-prices
to the prices to traditional adverts - and what type of ad's are reaching
more people in contrast to the money being spend?

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 08:27 PM

like i said, i think the best hopes for the blimp is to find someone with inordinate amounts of wealth willing to put the blimp in the sky.

we need a Sky Captain.

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 08:31 PM
It is a solution to name rec, not the solution. The solution is advertising one way or aruther (it's actually MSM coverage but that's not going to happen... anytime soon at least).

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:37 PM
like i said, i think the best hopes for the blimp is to find someone with inordinate amounts of wealth willing to put the blimp in the sky.

we need a Sky Captain.

Why didn't you ask him yet?

It is a solution to name rec, not the solution. The solution is advertising one way or aruther (it's actually MSM coverage but that's not going to happen... anytime soon at least).

Name recognition doesn't matter if we could reach ten times
as much as cruising through winter landscapes with a blimp.

People are sitting at home and rather reading Newspaper and
watching TV than being outside.

Plus the Media ignores the Blimp.

So logically it's a waste of money - and especially a waste of
important time to make sure that Ron wins.

francisco
12-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't like the way the choices are formulated in this poll.

In my view, the Blimp is NOT "no solution to spread Ron's name and message"

It is also NOT "The (my emphasis) solution to spread Ron's name and message"

What it is, in my view, is a choice that you did not poll for: It is one method out of many that can be of value to get improved name recognition and publicity, and resultant increases in support, and may be part of any individual supporters discretion to deploy their own funds.

What is really disturbing to me is this: the amount of discussion that is spent on trying to convince others on how they should NOT spend their own money, as opposed to trying to convince them to deploy their money FOR some alternative.

For a group of people that supposedly support free choice by individuals there seems to be an inordinate number of control freaks here.

If you don't like the Blimp, fine, don't contribute. Move on, formulate and promote something different. But stop trying to tear down someone else's efforts that you haven't devoted your own resources to.

This poll reminds me of the techniques that Frank Luntz uses. What it is most revealing of is the bias of the pollster.

pcosmar
12-23-2007, 08:42 PM
For a NON voter and a NON supporter you have a lot of opinions.
Why don't you spread
F ear
U ncertainty
D oubt
SOME PLACE ELSE.

SteveMartin
12-23-2007, 08:43 PM

This is Oliver's standard M.O. He's doing the same thing with others' ideas all over these board.

Time for a little moderation on this character.

francisco
12-23-2007, 08:43 PM

we need a Sky Captain.

In essence your suggestion is to "find a rich person to fund the project"

I am not surprised that you support Kucinich for VP.

Delain
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't like the way the choices are formulated in this poll.

In my view, the Blimp is NOT "no solution to spread Ron's name and message"

It is also NOT "The (my emphasis) solution to spread Ron's name and message"

What it is, in my view, is a choice that you did not poll for: It is one method out of many that can be of value to get improved name recognition and publicity, and resultant increases in support, and may be part of any individual supporters discretion to deploy their own funds.

What is really disturbing to me is this: the amount of discussion that is spent on trying to convince others on how they should NOT spend their own money, as opposed to trying to convince them to deploy their money FOR some alternative.

For a group of people that supposedly support free choice by individuals there seems to be an inordinate number of control freaks here.

If you don't like the Blimp, fine, don't contribute. Move on, formulate and promote something different. But stop trying to tear down someone else's efforts that you haven't devoted your own resources to.

This poll reminds me of the techniques that Frank Luntz uses. What it is most revealing of is the bias of the pollster.

Totally agree!

"You're either with us or against us" mentality cq. technique.

Electric Church
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM

Agree 100%. Nice to hear someone who talks like a real freedom fighter.

NYgs23
12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
It's because, Oliver, that the blimp is an attention getter and it sticks in peoples' minds. Because notice and, actually, the media hasn't ignored it. They haven't blitzed to airwaves with news about it, but they do often mention it as evidence of Paul's momentum ("though he still can't win, of course"). I brought up Ron Paul's name to one person and the first thing he says is, "Oh, I heard of that guy. The radio was talking about how he has a Goodyear-type aircraft or something..." And this is in New York, where no one's even seen it. Stories abound about how much attention it gets in areas where it actually passes buy. People remember it blimp; it differentiates us.

Furthermore, if we were to let the blimp deflate now, the media and Paul-haters would be all over it as to how the Paul wave really isn't that big a deal and his supporters can't even keep their blimp in the air.

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 08:48 PM
In essence your suggestion is to "find a rich person to fund the project"

I am not surprised that you support Kucinich for VP.

so whats wrong with finding a rich person that would want to do it? shit if I had 40M 100K would mean NOTHING to me. NOTHING.

if theres someone that likewise thinks NOTHING of $100K due to their status of extraordinary wealth, then what's wrong with asking them for it? In the greater scheme of things, would 100K mean anything to you if you had 40M? put things in perspective man

and I'm proposing this solution because it seems like the "little guys" aren't up to carrying the blimp anymore, its barely been inching along. Rich RP supporters are stuck to the FEC limits on donating to the campaign, but there's no Max on buying from the blimp. Once again, why not have a wealthy RP supporter carry the blimp?

francisco
12-23-2007, 08:53 PM
This is Oliver's standard M.O. He's doing the same thing with others' ideas all over these board.

Time for a little moderation on this character.

Of course, all of us here can immediately and individually employ our own moderation: When you come across someone who is in your judgment more disruptive than a positive influence on accomplishing a goal, put them on your ignore list.

Remember, the freedom of association implies the right of an individual to disassociate himself from those he finds objectionable.

FreeTraveler
12-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Of course, all of us here can immediately and individually employ our own moderation: When you come across someone who is in your judgment more disruptive than a positive influence on accomplishing a goal, put them on your ignore list.

Remember, the freedom of association implies the right of an individual to disassociate himself from those he finds objectionable.

I'm up to 10 members on my Ignore list now, and my blood pressure has dropped 20 points. :D

speciallyblend
12-23-2007, 08:57 PM
oliver go back to hannity forums your full of crap

Bilgefisher
12-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Those you "hug" the blimp. What is the advantage for it - other
than wasting hundred-thousands while we could use this money
to publish multiple full-page ads all over America instead?

Pure Luxury?

If you don't like the bloody blimp, don't donate, quit being a tool dragging everyone else down with it. You ask us to use our money elsewhere, I ask you to use your energy putting down the blimp to better uses.

freedom-maniac
12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Please lets stop the fighting. If we wish to help Dr. Paul we must stop quarrelling amoung ourselves. Just think of how much productive energy has been wasted here arguing instead of spreading his message. Blimp or no blimp, Ron Paul will still loose if we don't get out there and do all we can.

bonium
12-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Judging by Olivers poor use of grammer, the MSM and the establishment are now outsourcing the troll work to foreign countries.

Whats next?

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Judging by Olivers poor use of grammer, the MSM and the establishment are now outsourcing the troll work to foreign countries.

Whats next?

At least he knows how to spell "grammar". ;)

mdevour
12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
To those who are encouraging use of the ignore function on these types, please DON'T! Report what they're doing with the little icon in the upper right corner of every post by the miscreant.

You may enjoy the improved environment, but the fools and disruptors will still be trashing your project behind your back. You can't starve a troll who's slitting your throat!

Thank you!

Mike D.

faisal
12-23-2007, 10:45 PM
It's mainly because of the wording you used. I voted "is no solution" because it's not the "solution" to getting his name out, but I still love the idea and support it. The solution to get Paul's name out is comprehensive and it requires support in a wide spectrum of areas, including the blimp.

Man from La Mancha
12-23-2007, 10:52 PM
oliver go back to hannity forums your full of crapIt's quite evident he is a plant or needs medication, there is no help in trashing peoples projects.

FreeTraveler
12-23-2007, 10:55 PM
It's quite evident he is a plant or needs medication, there is no help in trashing peoples projects.

If he's a plant, maybe he just needs fertilizer. :D

Noleader
12-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I think the blimp was good when it started, mostly for the shock value, but as time progresses it will just become part of the landscape. I think there are better projects currently running, that are underfunded, at this point in the game. Just my take and it is not to knock the folks that run the blimp project I just think it is past its point of usefulness in the whole mess of things.

FreeTraveler
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I think the blimp was good when it started, mostly for the shock value, but as time progresses it will just become part of the landscape. I think there are better projects currently running, that are underfunded, at this point in the game. Just my take and it is not to knock the folks that run the blimp project I just think it is past its point of usefulness in the whole mess of things.

It will have shock value for a long time yet, as the shock value is local, and it's only been seen by a tiny part of the country so far. Seeing a real blimp is totally different than seeing it on TV.

Dave Pedersen
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
The blimp can only grow in significance over time. She'll find her wings as time goes by and will prove a very important part of the revolution.

Tarzan
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Oliver has done a number of graphics for RP supporters and made them available at no charge. I believe he is a German national but has been supportive in providing help with artwork. So, I don't think he is a plant and there may some communication issues... or, something else.

But, I am a bit confused because, as other posts have stated, we need a comprehensive effort in many areas and the Blimp is just one of those. If the official campaign has some brilliant ideas I would love to hear them... or see them. They are running a fairly standard campaign from what I can see here in Texas. I think it’s up to us in the grassroots to come up with innovative ideas to capture the public's imagination, and votes.

Personally, I think a really good inroad would be to ask the question "Would you like to stop paying income tax to the federal government?"... then we show them how with a well written and understandable handout walking them through the process, explaining how their federal dollars are currently spent, explaining that the income tax has NOTHING to do with paying for the police or fire departments (to alleviate their fears) then showing them that Dr. Paul has the answer... and the final answer is to eliminate the income tax... and, since they would no longer be needed, the IRS. There are plenty of other issues which appeal to segments of the voters. I think not ending the income tax has appeal across the broadest segment of voters, particularly the "undecideds" who do not vote on a single issue.

Anyway, I am baffled by Oliver's post because of his previous, positive efforts.

bonium
12-23-2007, 11:15 PM
At least he knows how to spell "grammar". ;)

Darn, foiled again!

Pride always cometh before a fall! :cool:

Man from La Mancha
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I think the blimp was good when it started, mostly for the shock value, but as time progresses it will just become part of the landscape. I think there are better projects currently running, that are underfunded, at this point in the game. Just my take and it is not to knock the folks that run the blimp project I just think it is past its point of usefulness in the whole mess of things.The blimp has hardly started to be accurately judged, just wait till it goes up and down the coasts of Florida, it's freeways and entertainment resorts before making a judgment. Many people visit Florida from all over the country in the winter. And there is a huge conservative republican base that don't know of Ron Paul, wait.

Cyclone
12-25-2007, 02:40 PM

These are more the kinds of questions that you should be asking. Also, is donating to the blimp now illegal with their new structure? If so, then people should wait to donate until they fix things. There is no more "buying time" from an advertising company, now you just send money to Trevor to sponsor the blimp. Since no one has brought up any PAC and in fact, the website says specifically there is no PAC, then at this moment, nothing about donating appears to get around FEC regulations and I don't want the FEC coming after me.

So your poll is useless. It is antagonistic and doesn't help. Yes, it might be good if... no, it needs to stop if... depending on x we should do y.... Can't answer the poll with no information.

I mean say you heard that the blimp was going to be grounded for the next month due to weather. Then of course you would say don't do it. Say, the blimp team does not give us answers and explain about the lawsuit against them, what for the settlement is being made, how this newly formed plan with no giving to a company anymore can be legal, whether they are concerned with legalities, etc. etc. etc. Depending on the answers you answer to this poll would change.

This is just stirring up trouble for no good reason and causing hard feelings.

thuja
12-25-2007, 02:50 PM
go away with your blimp negatives. the blimp is beautiful! there are even baby blimps now!

pacelli
12-25-2007, 04:24 PM
I mean say you heard that the blimp was going to be grounded for the next month due to weather. Then of course you would say don't do it. Say, the blimp team does not give us answers and explain about the lawsuit against them, what for the settlement is being made, how this newly formed plan with no giving to a company anymore can be legal, whether they are concerned with legalities, etc. etc. etc. Depending on the answers you answer to this poll would change.

This is just stirring up trouble for no good reason and causing hard feelings.

It seems the weather has been uncooperative for the blimp lately, hopefully the weather control experts can make a miracle happen and give us clear, blue, calm skies- or at least the appearance of them :)

pacelli
12-25-2007, 04:25 PM
go away with your blimp negatives. the blimp is beautiful! there are even baby blimps now!

Yes!! Baby blimps!!~!

NerveShocker
12-25-2007, 05:09 PM
I think the blimp is a revolutionary idea and as many have already said it has its greatest impact at the local level. Seeing one of the biggest blimps in the world fly over your city tends to excite people. Of course though it also gets some national coverage, and hopefully the two will work together to give us much more name recognition. Of course the weather has messed a lot of this up but I think when they go South the weather will be less of an issue and hassle. I'm still hoping they can fly over a football game or something of that sort. They have said it might be possible if they get certain permissions, and its more likely to get that if they have a news team on board which I think they are planning.
I keep hearing about legal issues but personally I'm not worried as I saw this coming. They have taken necessary precautions(Expensive laywers and formed own company) to deal with this and I think they will pay off. So far the blimp is still in operation (being repaired currently) and I think the most likely thing to stop that would be us not funding it, not some settlement. I plan on chipping in as soon as possible (probably next couple days) as I really think the threat isn't the settlement (I didn't expect those oppose to Ron Paul to let this blimp fly without a fight) but instead it is us abandoning it when they need us the most. To me it's clear what is going on, the blimp was attacked before it was even off the ground from our opponents you can't just expect them to give up and let us win over the east coast with this thing. Unfortunately, they are doing a good job so far at compromising our project.. that is evident by the lack of money raised recently.