PDA

View Full Version : KOTV.com Oklahoma - Who Is Ron Paul?

Razmear
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM
http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=131136
Video link at website.

Who Is Ron Paul?
KOTV - 7/9/2007 8:00 PM - Updated 7/9/2007 10:18 PM

Oklahomans are still seven months away from casting a presidential ballot, but campaign signs are already starting to pop up. The News On 6’s Ashli Sims reports you might be surprised to see whose name is on the sign.

Hillary, Obama, Giuliani, McCain, they may be the media darlings, but some of the first political signs to spring up in Tulsa don't belong to any of them. The man who seems to be winning the grassroots race in Green Country so far is Republican long-shot Ron Paul.

"Once I did the research I found out that was the guy I could really relate to," Ron Paul supporter Sid Burgess said.

Haskell resident Sid Burgess says he didn't even know who Ron Paul was when he watched the Republican debate. But he says he liked what the Texas congressman had to say.

"A message of going back to our Constitution, fighting for real freedom in our country, protecting our own country and our own citizens that's a message that we're not hearing enough,” said Burgess. “I think he will be able to give that message to our country."

Paul voted against the Iraq War and the Patriot Act, and he wants to slash taxes and reduce government spending.

"I wanted to be involved. The more I got to know him the more I wanted to get involved and help him out in some way," Burgess said.

He joined the internet campaign through meetup.com. Burgess says they have more than 50 members who meet up, plant homemade signs and handout flyers. Paul still barely registers in the polls, but a groundswell of web support has helped him build a war-chest that's rivaling John McCain. And his YouTube page views are second only to Barak Obama.

"I hope he wins,” said Burgess. “I have a lot of faith in his campaign, but more important than the candidate is his message to me."

While some of the other candidates have come to Oklahoma for fundraisers and rallies, Ron Paul has not made it here yet. Although he did come to the state when he ran for president in 1988.

Watch the video: Presidential Long Shot Popular In Oklahoma

nullvalu
07-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Great Post, Send Kotv Kudos

EDIT: argh.. i can't find an email address.. did anyone find one?

EDIT AGAIN: http://www.kotv.com/contact at the bottom of the page theres a link for the The News on 6 General Manager, I suggest we use that form.

Razmear
07-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I posted this before watching the video on the website.

Someone PLEASE YouTube that video, it is one of the best media spots I've seen for Ron Paul.

The link to their video is:
http://www.kotv.com/e-clips/?id=7148
but these local news sites usually don't leave em up for more than a day or two.

eb

torchbearer
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
here is the link to the actual file if you want to save it.
http://kotvradio.kotv.com/kotv/eclips/070709RonPaul.wmv

Swmorgan77
07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm getting a .wvx file when right-clicking and "save target as"

torchbearer
07-09-2007, 10:45 PM
works for me.

Kandilynn
07-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I feel so proud of my home state right now!

STA654
07-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Well if Ron Paul can't get on the Cable news or National News he should try getting on the local news in New Hampshire and Iowa.

james1906
07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
i love the clip they showed from colbert

orenbus
07-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Here's the clip on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFs1lzKdOh8

Razmear
07-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Thanks orenbus!

eb

orenbus
07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Not a prob :D

austinphish
07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
That is a great example of actual journalism. A reporter sees a bunch of Ron Paul signs popping up and decides to investigate and finds an interesting story behind it. Also getting the fact str8 that he visited in '88 was impressive.

Roxi
07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
This was my local news...the guy they interviewed was sid our tulsa meetup organizer. I just got done talking to him and he said that this reporter saw the signs, decided to look him up, started asking people at the news station if they had heard of him and they said no, and a couple people said ya they thought he was a kook, so she said actually he seems like a pretty straightforward guy and then said i want to do a story on him, then they called him up and asked him to do the interview!

also were going to contact her to do a follow up story on the Ron Paul birthday community service party in august!!!

this is so huge I wonder how many local news stations will follow suit?

Mani
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
This was my local news...the guy they interviewed was sid our tulsa meetup organizer. I just got done talking to him and he said that this reporter saw the signs, decided to look him up, started asking people at the news station if they had heard of him and they said no, and a couple people said ya they thought he was a kook, so she said actually he seems like a pretty straightforward guy and then said i want to do a story on him, then they called him up and asked him to do the interview!

also were going to contact her to do a follow up story on the Ron Paul birthday community service party in august!!!

this is so huge I wonder how many local news stations will follow suit?

That was awesome, very encouraging!!! Thanks for the background info.

Roxi
07-10-2007, 08:44 PM
no problem.....i really think this "local RP media coverage" is going to start spreading like wildfire...the houston one was pretty good

we should start a thread called RON PAUL on my local news and as the coverage spreads everyone can post a link of the vid
any thoughts on this guys?

angrydragon
07-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Ron Paul on local news thread sounds good. As long as the thread starter updates their post as new local news airs.