PDA

View Full Version : UNOFFICIAL: Stop complaining about the "Meet the Press" interview.

mokkan88
12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Tim Russert drills all of the presidential candidates. If you didn't know he was going to try to drill Ron Paul, it's your own fault for not looking into the show before-hand.

Paul was well aware that Tim Russert was going to try and find dirt on him, just as Russert has done for all of the other candidates. Last week, Romney was embarrassed on a number of issues and he's still answering for them.

I think it's a testament to Paul's record that Russert had to look back twenty years to find anything that could be considered a change in stance. The only thing that was taken in as negative by the MSM was the earmark issue.

If there is something "iffy" about Ron Paul's record, he should be made to address them. Wouldn't we be denying the very principles for which we support Dr. Paul by denying accountability for his past actions? Ron Paul is an honest man, but that doesn't mean he can't have made mistakes in his lengthy career.

me3
12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Making this thread was a good idea. There are hardly any threads on the MeetThePress interview.

wolv275
12-23-2007, 07:23 PM
agreed i thought it was a great interview...

mokkan88
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Making this thread was a good idea. There are hardly any threads on the MeetThePress interview.

There are hardly any pro-Meet the Press threads. We have a discussion thread and a rant thread. I thought I'd counter the negative thread with a positive one.

jgmaynard
12-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I agree- I thought it was a tough, but fair interview. That's the way interviews are supposed to be.

JM

Oliver
12-23-2007, 07:26 PM
agreed i thought it was a great interview...

Yep. Tim dug up a lot of things that "made even" all the things that
come next. I just hope that the Press doesn't find any skeletons
in Ron's cellar and Meet the Press was the biggest hurdle for the
future...

rory096
12-23-2007, 07:33 PM
+1

mokkan88
12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't think there are many skeletons in Ron's closet.

InRonWeTrust
12-23-2007, 08:06 PM
+1

Russert was a lot nicer to Ron than he was to Mitt or Rudy.

And I have a feeling Minister Huckabee is going to get assraped next week. :)

Eli
12-23-2007, 08:18 PM
i personally liked the interview, if ron pauls primary problem is name recognition this definitely helped. Shill press is just a luxury.

I like huckabees interview better though, "are you a good person or a great person?" "will i go to hell for not voting for you?" "Some people are claiming you have a bad voting record, are these people antigod?"

ronpaulfan
12-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Russert was a lot nicer to Ron than he was to Mitt or Rudy.

And I have a feeling Minister Huckabee is going to get assraped next week. :)

+1

Drknows
12-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey i thought the interview was GOOD!!

I dont see why people are bitching about it.

hypnagogue
12-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I thought the interview went well too. The only issue he goofed up was the earmarks.

takadi
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I thought the interview went well too. The only issue he goofed up was the earmarks.

I thought he did fine on that. He could have done without the laughing and accusing Russert of being confused

Dieseler
12-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I could only hope that when Im 72 years old that I might be able to face down Tim Russert with that kind of energy and enthusiasm.
The interview was huge success in my opinion.
Dr. Paul needs some hot chicken soup and a good days rest just like everybody is supposed to get on Sunday.
He's been working his tail off.

Ruby Justice
12-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I thought he did fine on that. He could have done without the laughing and accusing Russert of being confused

That was the best moment. Frankly, I thought Russert made a complete fool out of himself with his silly menu of silly questions. He's a plastic overrated journalist..One day he'll commit suicide by jumping off the top of his ego.

UnReconstructed
12-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Has it been uploaded yet? I had class all damn day. If there's a link then someone please PM me with it.

Thanks in advance.

SovereignMN
12-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I thought the interview was really good.

Bold As Love
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
New guy here.

I believe that Tim Russert pitched him out of the strike zone just about the whole time. I feel our candidate did quite well at not chasing him.

I was disappointed that Russert avoided a straightforward approach to what I consider the real issues. He made such a big deal about the income tax, but nothing on inflationary monetary policy, the Fed and the boom-bust cycle.

He made a big deal about Israel but no real probing questions as to what a humble foreign policy would look like and what it might do for us.

The question about Ronald Reagan...WHAT? How is that in any way relevant to this campaign? The good news is what I just read on this thread. If that's all they've got, the best they can do to someone who has been in public service since the 1970's, then we might be in pretty good shape.

mosquitobite
12-23-2007, 09:05 PM
last Tuesday after the people freaking out over the Glenn Beck interview, I figured there would be many more freaking out over MTP.

We sure do have some naive people if they think everyone in the MSM is going to fawn all over Dr Paul like we do. :rolleyes:

If you don't normally watch the news, please don't start now :D You're just glooming and dooming shit! :D

lynnf
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I liked the look on Russert's face when the interview was over. it seemed to say "Drat, foiled again" like he wasn't pleased with the outcome.

lynn

AlexAmore
12-23-2007, 09:28 PM
The earmarks issue...isn't even an issue! There is a totally rational reason for why Ron Paul does what he does when it comes to earmarks, and Ron Paul got to explain it, although I think there may have been some interruptions because Tim was trying to make it a bigger deal than it was.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-23-2007, 09:31 PM
nt

CMoore
12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
This was truly a good interview. I read several comments before watching the Youtube and I was expecting to be a little dissapointed. I was not. Russert was scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for something to trip him up and failed. Notice Russert had papers spread out before him, Dr. Paul had nothing. It is not fair to expect an interviewee to come up with answers involving minute details of numbers when you have the advantage of written material and he does not. It is just a grilling. I was very impressed with his performance. I am sure others were too.

curtisag
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
People don't realize how well Ron did in this interview. Russert must have been very frustrated he could not pin Ron down and destroy his credibility. Ron did amazingly!

mmink15
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I just got home from a long day at work and went staight to youtube for the Meet the Press interview. I thought it was a great hard-nosed interview and I'm especially satisfied that Ron Paul got the last word in. I think this is gonna swing alot of independents our way