PDA

View Full Version : ok the media has gotten me very curious.

garrettwombat
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
everyone has heard the media ask ron paul that same question...
...yes, you know the question i am talking about.

they have asked it so many times that i have just been brushing it off and not paying much attention to it.
90% of ron's interviews have the question..
he has been asked it on two or more separate occasions by the same reporter...

what significance does this question have?
we all know the tactics the MSM tries to play, but im not getting this one.

iv tried to fit it in with him looking bad and it doesnt really.

the only thing i can see them trying to do with it is:
if he says he is not going to run as a 3rd party candidate, and he does end up a 3rd party candidate, they will try to attack him somehow on it.

it seems like a weak smear even if it did happen though.

what exactly is going on here, what is the MSM getting at?

adwads
12-23-2007, 07:05 PM
They want to know how many votes will be taken away from either the dem or repub candidate if Ron Paul goes 3rd party. They still don't think he can win--they just want to know how his candidacy will effect the others

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-23-2007, 07:06 PM
They want people to think that he is going to run third party so IF they do vote for him in the republican primary their votes will be wasted... that is their basis for asking him this question... It just pisses me off because they don't ask it to anyone else...

jd603
12-23-2007, 07:06 PM
They are trying to paint him as a "spoiler" candidate.

I think it carries some negativity towards him, but not all that much.

AtomiC
12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
They want to paint him as a fringe candidate and not as a normal Republican candidate.

If you drill it enough into the public, eventually it becomes true.

TXcarlosTX
12-23-2007, 07:10 PM
as im reading this i just saw on the ticker on cnn headline news talking about ron not ruling out a 3rd party attempt

garrettwombat
12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
as im reading this i just saw on the ticker on cnn headline news talking about ron not ruling out a 3rd party attempt

geez, now i see what they are doing... thats kinda irritating now that i know.

paulitics
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Because their trying to fake out the more passive RP supporter into thinking they can wait until after primaries. I know its not alot of passive supporters, but even we have some and this does not help. Even when he says 99.999%, the headlines say "won't rule out 3rd party run". It becomes pretty obvious with that.

Bob Spruill
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
They are not stupid, they are not ignorant, therefore they are evil.

Media people might actually wake up every morning and wonder what they can do to promote more evil in the world today.

LOL, mostly kidding, but I do sometimes wonder. I really do.

HillbillyDan
12-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Call me politically naive, what's the big deal? If he doesn't win the Republican nomination, why shouldn't he run as a third party candidate? He would still have tons of cash and bunches of grassroots support. I would vote for him if he was running under the MARS party banner!

Pharoah
12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
It's sending a message along the lines of "We don't take you seriously. You can't win the nomination, but if you ran 3rd party you could potentially damage the candidate I prefer."

RPatTheBeach
12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
All Ron has to do, since he doesn't want to say no, is respond with "I don't think I can be the Republican AND Independant nominees at the same time"

Paul4Prez
12-23-2007, 08:07 PM
The people who ask the question are making themselves look stupid, for two reasons.

First, it's already been asked a few dozen times. Anyone following the campaign at all already knows the answer, so they're wasting our time.

Second, Ron Paul has over 80,000 volunteers in over 1,000 cities nationwide, and has raised over $18 million in the fourth quarter from over 100,000 donors. To ask someone who is leading in grassroots support and leading in fourth quarter fundraising about their contingency plan is way out of line. If Fred Thompson or Mike Huckabee had pulled off EITHER feat, they would look exceedingly stupid for asking them about a third party run.

CUnknown
12-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I agree with some people, who have already posted, but let me give my own opinion on it anyway. They ask him that question because it carries the unspoken premise that he is going to lose the nomination. The question that they ask is actually this one: "Will you run as an Independent (after you lose the Republican nomination)?"

You don't actually have to say that last part in order to plant the idea in people's minds that he has no chance. You don't ask Hillary Clinton that question. You don't ask Barack Obama that question. You don't ask Rudy Guliani that question, either. If Hillary was asked that question, she'd be like "What the F are you talking about?"

theseus51
12-23-2007, 11:50 PM
I tend to look at it, like if Ralph Nader ran as a Democrat, and is getting the support Ron Paul is getting now, one question they would always ask is if he's going to try a 3rd party run.

Carole
12-23-2007, 11:52 PM
It would also be an advantage to know ahead of time if he were going to run 3rd party. Imagine how they would have to deal with all those lost votes.

Etc...

Energy
12-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Presupposition - presupposes he'll lose the Republican nomination. Self-fulfilling prophecy. Works great on the asleep.

Keep on keeping on... more people are waking up.

Carole
12-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Oops, someone already covered that last remark.

All very good remarks here. The constant "question" is a useful tool for them.

On the other hand it is a useful tool for Dr. Paul. Keep them guessing. :)

shasshas
12-23-2007, 11:58 PM
You guys are very unsophisticated and do not understand

Ron Paul is well known to his political colleagues and the media as a crabby old fart who bears a massive grudge for losing his 1988 campaign as a libertarian. He quit the republican party in a huff thinking, boasting, that he could become president on his own.

WHAT ARROGANCE. I mean, what kind of person do you one to work with? An arrogant prick who thinks he is so good he doesn't need help from friends? Or someone who knows how to work with people.

Ron Paul, because he is kind hearted and a good soul and single minded, doesn' t know how to work with people.

So in his 20-30 years political career, he has basically MADE ENEMIES of everyone in politics and business. So that is why the MSM is so interested. They want to know if he will come clean and ADMIT HE WAS WRONG in leaving the republican party in the first place.

It is a very lame attitude but its typical of people in the world. You will see it all the time in your workplace and in big companies.

Also this is the biggest reason stopping him from winning - he just will not get support from the 30-40% of the population who talk amongst themselves and call him a kook under their breath. In fact, many will not vote for him because if he becomes president, Congress will refuse to work with him, stalemating the whole government. What a bunch of brainless twits.

fuzzybekool
12-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Ron Paul's answer from now on: "I got 20 million dollars. More than any other Republican candidate this quarter. Now why in the world would I be even thinking about running as a 3rd party? My support is rising. My poll numbers are rising. My fundraising is rising. You should be asking that question to other candiates who have been slipping in the polls and almost broke with no money to continue through the primaries. Next question."

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-24-2007, 12:04 AM
You guys are very unsophisticated and do not understand

Ron Paul is well known to his political colleagues and the media as a crabby old fart who bears a massive grudge for losing his 1988 campaign as a libertarian. He quit the republican party in a huff thinking, boasting, that he could become president on his own.

WHAT ARROGANCE. I mean, what kind of person do you one to work with? An arrogant prick who thinks he is so good he doesn't need help from friends? Or someone who knows how to work with people.

Ron Paul, because he is kind hearted and a good soul and single minded, doesn' t know how to work with people.

So in his 20-30 years political career, he has basically MADE ENEMIES of everyone in politics and business. So that is why the MSM is so interested. They want to know if he will come clean and ADMIT HE WAS WRONG in leaving the republican party in the first place.

It is a very lame attitude but its typical of people in the world. You will see it all the time in your workplace and in big companies.

Also this is the biggest reason stopping him from winning - he just will not get support from the 30-40% of the population who talk amongst themselves and call him a kook under their breath. In fact, many will not vote for him because if he becomes president, Congress will refuse to work with him, stalemating the whole government. What a bunch of brainless twits.

talk about unsophisticated!
You sound like you work for a newspaper.

polomertz
12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
They're clearly desperate for a soundbite. Anything of him saying he's even THINKING about running 3rd party is what they're after. Their mentality is that after they've written about and played that clip over and over across America, people will discount him as 3rd party and vote otherwise. Paul will then actually be forced to go 3rd party. Their system won't allow for a 3rd party candidate to win this election (can't debate, rigged machines, etc.) but the primaries are a slightly different story. It's been easy in the past you just flood the market with candidates who are loyal, introduce them as the frontrunners and watch America duke it out over them. They didn't realize that this was the year that the internet would dominate the election scene. They never saw Paul coming.
All in all, the establishment is losing its grip and this is probably now PLAN L on a list from A to Z.

shasshas
12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Instead of people looking at ideas and thinking abouthat is best for the nation, congress is ful of airheads thinking what isbest for their wallet :/ and that is precisely why they hate ron paul :/

its such a blechy turd filled parliamet we have we mght as well flush them down the loo and liquidate them with several oceans of chlorine.

Jodi's mom
12-24-2007, 01:13 AM
They are not stupid, they are not ignorant, therefore they are evil.

Media people might actually wake up every morning and wonder what they can do to promote more evil in the world today.

LOL, mostly kidding, but I do sometimes wonder. I really do.

Believe your instincts, Bob. Here's a quote for you:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years....It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller - Bilderberg Meeting - June 1991 - Baden, Germany

therealjjj77
12-24-2007, 01:21 AM
everyone has heard the media ask ron paul that same question...
...yes, you know the question i am talking about.

they have asked it so many times that i have just been brushing it off and not paying much attention to it.
90% of ron's interviews have the question..
he has been asked it on two or more separate occasions by the same reporter...

what significance does this question have?
we all know the tactics the MSM tries to play, but im not getting this one.

iv tried to fit it in with him looking bad and it doesnt really.

the only thing i can see them trying to do with it is:
if he says he is not going to run as a 3rd party candidate, and he does end up a 3rd party candidate, they will try to attack him somehow on it.

it seems like a weak smear even if it did happen though.

what exactly is going on here, what is the MSM getting at?

This is a manipulative maneuver to give the impression to the viewers that he should be running as an independent. It is an attempt to detract votes from him. If all the media is united in asking him this question, then they would hope the viewers would begin to believe that he should be running as an independent.

This stunt comes from the Council on Foreign Relations, in their attempt to manipulate the U.S. opinion. In each major media station there is a control room where they essentially get orders from upstairs. This is where they are guided as to how these interviews are to take place. This is not coincidental that every single major media interviewer asks him this same question and always at the end of the interview.

The other "order" as of late is to ask him about the other candidates campaigns. They used to simply ask him if he'd vote for one of the other Republicans if he didn't win. Now they "fill" the interview time with talking about other candidates campaigns. They also "fill" the interview time with talking about unpopular issues that ideologically he stands for but are not one's he is running on.

These are all attempts to:
1)Keep him from saying anything meaningful
2)Keep the viewers thinking that these are his main issues and therefore not something they would be interested in pursuing more information on
3)Depopularizing him to people who have just discovered his candidacy.

Ultimately these are attempts to say to the mainstream audiences, "You do not approve of this one... You do not approve of this one..."

therealjjj77
12-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Ron Paul's answer from now on: "I got 20 million dollars. More than any other Republican candidate this quarter. Now why in the world would I be even thinking about running as a 3rd party? My support is rising. My poll numbers are rising. My fundraising is rising. You should be asking that question to other candiates who have been slipping in the polls and almost broke with no money to continue through the primaries. Next question."

That's a good one! Here is another one:

Reporter:"If you don't win the nomination, will you run as an independent?"

"Before I answer that question, let me ask you; who has won over 50% of the Republican straw polls across the nation? Who has raised the most in one quarter and one day out of any Republican candidate without the help of any special interests? Who has the most support from our active military personnel? And who is the only candidate with a blimp with his name on it made by the people? When you answer these questions, I will answer yours."

garrettwombat
12-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Rudi Guiliani - A Democrat and Independent in the 1970s, and a Republican from the 1980s to the present,

tim russert you douche bag, why dont you ask rudi about being a democrat.

driller80545
12-24-2007, 02:12 AM
RP challenged him to ask the other candidates this question and russert said "i will i will" . But he won't.