PDA

View Full Version : Added another to the r3VOlution today...

malkusm
12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Was watching the Meet The Press interview this morning and my dad came in and sat down with his morning coffee. I'd told him a little about RP and he had seen parts of the Glenn Beck interview from the other night. He came in right at the part where RP said the bit about buying the slaves to free them instead of starting a civil war. My dad really liked that and asked me a little about him, I drove home the economy and less government interference, smaller govt., etc. (This went over really well with him, he's a farmer and complains constantly about the latest federal bill which reduces the amount of runoff into local waterways, proximity to waterways in which you can plant crops, etc. "Industries and major cities pollute waterways 100 times worse than the little guy trying to make an honest living" and things to that effect).

Anyway, just about an hour ago the rerun of MTP came on MSNBC and he was watching parts of it, and said, "You know, this guy is pretty sharp, he's not bothered by tough questions.." Haha, I said, yeah that's because he has true principles and doesn't have to make something up on the fly.

The bad news here is that my dad is a registered Democrat (even though he hasn't voted for one since the 70s) and it's too late for him to change parties for the primary...but my mom is registered Republican and I'm going after her next - she's been so busy doing holiday shopping/decorating/cooking, etc. that she's really not been interested in any of it (but I make sure to tell her whenever one of the other candidates slips up...heh).

Anyway, the point here is, let's get Ron through the primary so my dad can vote for him in November! :)

Shink
12-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Nice! If he can affect the mind of a registered Democrat who only heard snippets of what he said, then MTP today probably won over plenty of others.