PDA

View Full Version : Contacting the Campaign

DeadheadForPaul
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I dont know if anyone else feels the way or not, but I think we as supporters need more interaction with the campaign. If we really want Dr. Paul to win, we need to have more dialogue going on b/w the campaign and the support base

As Paul has said, the supporters have driven his campaign so far. I kind of feel like we are separated from what is going on within the Paul camp. Perhaps this has something to do with my previous experience in the Dean campaign where we posted on the campaign's blog and they used our suggestions. I do not mean to be overly critical but I'm simply offering creative criticism. I hope the campaign takes the initiative to lead donation drives like those over at Students for Paul have done. We really need a more interactive RonPaul2008 website

If anyone from the campaign reads this or if anyone on here is in contact with the campaign staff, I just want to let them know that we're fired up but we need some guidance about how to help. I understand that they are releasing Iowa phone numbers soon for us to contact, so I'm psyched about that

RP 08!

mport1
07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I completely agree and I posted something like this on one of the forums a little while ago.

UCFGavin
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
as long as he is traveling around weekly doing talks, i will continue to do talking for him as well.

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM
What guidance are you looking for? Anything specific?

DeadheadForPaul
07-09-2007, 10:04 PM
What guidance are you looking for? Anything specific?

I just think the campaign needs to do take the reigns now that the people have gotten this thing moving. Specifically, there needs to be donation drives and they need to provide more resources for supporters. Hopefully they are planning to do this and are just now expanding into these areas with the added staff and new office. I hope Paul plans on having commercials as well.

Really, there needs to be a reason for people to be fired up about checking out RonPaul2008.com. I only check it once every few days because there's no excitement. There should be a drive for $20,000 which would make everyone want to keep checking to see if we made it...you know?

check out this screenshot: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/2/2a/Deanwebsite.jpg

csen
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
I just think the campaign needs to do take the reigns now that the people have gotten this thing moving. Specifically, there needs to be donation drives and they need to provide more resources for supporters. Hopefully they are planning to do this and are just now expanding into these areas with the added staff and new office. I hope Paul plans on having commercials as well.

Really, there needs to be a reason for people to be fired up about checking out RonPaul2008.com. I only check it once every few days because there's no excitement. There should be a drive for $20,000 which would make everyone want to keep checking to see if we made it...you know?

check out this screenshot: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/2/2a/Deanwebsite.jpg

I think we forget sometimes just how small the official campaign is. Heck, their office is 350 square feet! I do think direction from the top is helpful, and a donation counter on the webpage would be great, but this is our campaign to win or lose. Dr. Paul will do what he can but it's really in our hands.

DeadheadForPaul
07-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I think we forget sometimes just how small the official campaign is. Heck, their office is 350 square feet! I do think direction from the top is helpful, and a donation counter on the webpage would be great, but this is our campaign to win or lose. Dr. Paul will do what he can but it's really in our hands.

You're right. I don't mean to be negative, but we need to recognize that we have little time to make big changes. We can do it but we need to act. I hope there will be added campaign staff and organization with the money we raised

ThePieSwindler
07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Hell, i'll work full time for the campaign staff for minimum wage.. or FREE!

ronpaulitician
07-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm sure they're busy working on setting up more structure.

Bryan in Iowa
07-09-2007, 10:45 PM
You're right. I don't mean to be negative, but we need to recognize that we have little time to make big changes. We can do it but we need to act. I hope there will be added campaign staff and organization with the money we raised

I've just returned from the Des Moines Meetup meeting. Joe Seehusen, the Iowa State Coordinator was there, as was two new campaign staffers hired on Friday. Everything is moving very fast. Phone calls are being made, attacking the area with signs, slimjims, and bumper stickers is being planned and executed, and we're gearing up for the Iowa Straw Poll on August 11th. It's a do or die situation. Our target is 10,000 voters for Ron Paul. That's a mighty tall order.

One challenge we have in getting people to vote for Ron Paul in the straw poll is the price of a vote...$35. The straw poll is a fundraising effort by the Iowa GOP. Several of the other candidates, such as Romney, Huckabee, Brownback, are all handing out tickets if people will commit to voting for them...basically they are buying a vote, blatantly! It's all legal tho since the straw poll is not an official electioin...it's just a poll.

The Ron Paul campaign does not have the money to buy everyone a ticket, or do a mass mailing promising the sky if you vote for Dr. Paul. The campaign is approaching the straw poll, and the election in general with the same principles Ron Paul lives by...we are responsible for ourselves, and that includes paying our own way. We are currently designing buttons that read, "I paid for my vote, who paid for yours?"

The grassroots effort is what the campaign needs to survive...literally. I will forward your comments to Joe because I believe it's important the campaign recognize the hard work being done in Ron Paul's behalf. I have been to two Ron Paul speeches and in both he is very gracious to the volunteers and those who support his efforts to change America. I agree the website needs more attention, and at the moment I don't know if they have a full-time webmaster...I seriously doubt it.

Razmear
07-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I actually think things are running fine as is, let them handle the media stuff, and we can figure out the grassroots stuff on our own.

I think were doing a pretty good job so far, and alot of details on how to do certain local actions can be resolved without bothering the HQ staff so they can keep getting Ron on TV.

I would like to see a web redesign tho, the daily update doesn't need to take up so much real estate on the page, especially when the story is about someone forgoing their wedding gifts to donate to RP.

eb

Bryan in Iowa
07-09-2007, 10:51 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=60374&postcount=1

WannaBfree
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Several of the other candidates, such as Romney, Huckabee, Brownback, are all handing out tickets if people will commit to voting for them...basically they are buying a vote, blatantly!

I don't see it as buying their vote. The voter doesn't get any money, just gets to vote for free. I wouldn't vote for someone else because it's free. Would you?

We are currently designing buttons that read, "I paid for my vote, who paid for yours?"

Won't the person who reads that just answer, "Romney" or "Huckabee" and then feel good he didn't have to pay, whereas you did?

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Please, do not email the campaign, they're still understaffed and overworked.

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Bryan,

well - what does the campaign need help with? Buttons I can make on the cheap... tshirts too... do you need tshirts?

You can also do a button that says "Let your heart drive your vote, not money" or something like that....

anyways.. please keep us posted on your progress...

Bryan in Iowa
07-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't see it as buying their vote. The voter doesn't get any money, just gets to vote for free. I wouldn't vote for someone else because it's free. Would you?

No, and that's the point. To say I wouldn't vote for someone because it's free doesn't mean others won't. Before they give you a ticket you have to fill out a card stating you will vote for their candidate. Granted, it's on the honor system, but many people if they say they're going to do something, and get something in return (a vote in the straw poll), will follow through. At least in Iowa.

Won't the person who reads that just answer, "Romney" or "Huckabee" and then feel good he didn't have to pay, whereas you did?

A few might feel this way...especially if they were going to vote for these candidates in the first place, but I don't think all will feel this way.

Given your comments are you advocating Ron Paul pay for everyone's vote...like the other candidates? Or do you feel we should approach Ron Paul supporters paying for the vote and somehow use this to our advantage in a different way? What are your ideas? I honestly wish to know.

Bryan in Iowa
07-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Bryan,

well - what does the campaign need help with? Buttons I can make on the cheap... tshirts too... do you need tshirts?

We are going to need both...buttons and shirts. How long would it take you to make and ship to Iowa? We don't have a design for either at the moment, but working on it. The buttons will be for all attendees voting for Ron Paul (hopefully 10,000), shirts we are going to provide volunteer staff working the event (not sure the #).

You can also do a button that says "Let your heart drive your vote, not money" or something like that....

ooooooooooooooo....I really like that!!

WannaBfree
07-10-2007, 01:03 AM
No, and that's the point. To say I wouldn't vote for someone because it's free doesn't mean others won't. Before they give you a ticket you have to fill out a card stating you will vote for their candidate. Granted, it's on the honor system, but many people if they say they're going to do something, and get something in return (a vote in the straw poll), will follow through. At least in Iowa.

A few might feel this way...especially if they were going to vote for these candidates in the first place, but I don't think all will feel this way.

Given your comments are you advocating Ron Paul pay for everyone's vote...like the other candidates? Or do you feel we should approach Ron Paul supporters paying for the vote and somehow use this to our advantage in a different way? What are your ideas? I honestly wish to know.

well, if you think there are RP supporters who might vote for somebody else because it won't cost them $35, then yes, try to pay for them I'd think. $35 X 10,000 voters = $350,000. Can you get that up? I don't understand the process and circumstances well enough to really advise or comment one way or the other though. Have you sought advice from HQ?

I think rather than having the "You" part in the button idea, keeping it "I" is better. "I paid $35 to vote for RP because my country is worth it" (I know - too long but you get the idea I think). It's then a statement, rather than a challenge. "$35?" <RP face> "It was worth it!" or "$35?" <RP face> "for no income tax? Best deal of my life!"

My 2 cents. If I come up with any ideas worth mentioning, I'll mention them here. Good luck in Iowa.