PDA

View Full Version : Iowa infomercial: Reaction?

goldstandard
12-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Have there been any reactions yet?

goldstandard
12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Bump

TenDeseo
12-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Very Positive!

I have mentioned to my parents my support for Ron Paul. My mom, an avid channel surfer, though unlikely to sit down and do any serious research, felt that it was very helpful, informative, and portrayed him in a very positive light that was easy to follow and understand.

Not to mention it played on the first day of vacation for many families, AND on the night of a monster snow storm that covered much of Iowa in snow, keeping people locked in with nothing to do but tv (we got 11 inches... roads far to bad for christmas shopping).

Way to go. This is a home run for the campaign.

hellah10
12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
thanks tendeseo... nice to hear some positive coming out of that infomercial...

N13
12-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Three cheers for the weather.

Aldanga
12-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Sweet stuff, TenDeseo. Keep us updated.

austin356
12-23-2007, 10:16 PM
<humming old country song>

So blow, blow Iowan snow,
Blow like you're never gonna blow again.
I'm calling to you like a long lost friend
But I know who you are.
And blow, blow from the Minne-so-ta,
All the way up to Indianoia.
Blow across the home of the Sioux,
The buffalo and the corn .

garrettwombat
12-23-2007, 10:23 PM
i thought that song was about how the everglades were raped from the siminole tribe and devoped into shoping malls, subdivisions, parking lots, and industrial parks.

pikerz
12-23-2007, 10:27 PM
providence is on our side.

dircha
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Any more feedback from Iowa family and friends?

garrettwombat
12-23-2007, 10:39 PM
wow, i wonder if a lot of people even saw this.

money well spent.

0zzy
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Seems like the moms and pops don't really care about production quality or organization :) people were so worried.

scbissler
12-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Very Positive!

I have mentioned to my parents my support for Ron Paul. My mom, an avid channel surfer, though unlikely to sit down and do any serious research, felt that it was very helpful, informative, and portrayed him in a very positive light that was easy to follow and understand.

Not to mention it played on the first day of vacation for many families, AND on the night of a monster snow storm that covered much of Iowa in snow, keeping people locked in with nothing to do but tv (we got 11 inches... roads far to bad for christmas shopping).

That is great! Heard about anyone esle watching it? Was your mother swayed by the footage from the Iowa speech, or did it even register? I don't feel as though that speech was one of his best but I thought it was the right idea to go with an Iowa speech in Iowa, so curious if that made a difference.

jake
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Seems like the moms and pops don't really care about production quality or organization :) people were so worried.

in fact, it could be argued less production value actually works to better the impression people have of the whole project in some cases :)

hellah10
12-23-2007, 10:47 PM
wow, i wonder if a lot of people even saw this.

money well spent.

i dont live in iowa, so i cant say... but we would have to assume that it hit alot of people considering iowa got hammered with a storm... forced alot of people to stay inside

honestly, we got lucky that the storm came... it probably increased the amount of viewers 3 or 4 fold

Driftar
12-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I told everyone i know about it, including people ive been calling for Paul. A few coworkers told me they caught some of it and say he seems honest and one edwards supporter commented on the crowds and energy in the crowds, so he must have seen the end or simply been refering to the speech reaction. A hardcore hillary supporter even said a few good things about him when in the past shes dismissed him. I'll try to find out what more people think.

max
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
So, a storm in Iowa forced people to stay inside and watch RP infomercial..

Hmmmm. I thought God was on Huckabee's side?

Seriously, this is HUGE.....December 23rd on a Sunday would be a night for last minute Christmas shopping and early visits of relatives. Not the best viewership scenario...

Because of the storm, it becomes TV night for everybody instead!!!

I dont discount Divine Providence. Afterall, who's more godly...a slick lying boastful jackass like Huckster....or a humble and adorable grandpa of 18 like RP

paulitics
12-23-2007, 11:00 PM
any negative responses?

Montana Patriot
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I can't wait to talk to my parents and my sister they live in Iowa City. My Dad is a lifetime democrat, but I have been telling him about Ron so who knows.

TenDeseo
12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
That is great! Heard about anyone esle watching it? Was your mother swayed by the footage from the Iowa speech, or did it even register? I don't feel as though that speech was one of his best but I thought it was the right idea to go with an Iowa speech in Iowa, so curious if that made a difference.

She said that she saw something "genuine" about it and that she found that she agreed with most of his platform points, but disagrees with just one or two. This is not a bad thing, however, because even though she disagrees with one or two things, she sees him as being direct while not trying to sidestep or pander. She's not caucusing so it might not be immediately significant, but just know that I didn't hear a critical word regarding Dr. Paul.

She did say she wished that they made it explicit exactly the number you need to call or whatever it is that you must do to register as a Republican. There was apparently a website was all, so she thought that the preceedure for doing so could have been made a bit more direct to avoid confusion for some.

My mother is the only reason I even knew anything like that was playing on TV in Iowa so I haven't thought to ask others.

UCFGavin
12-23-2007, 11:33 PM
what about someone like Dave who is a bit connected to the political atmosphere in iowa. i'm curious to know whether or not he has heard anything on a more state level.

dante
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
She said that she saw something "genuine" about it and that she found that she agreed with most of his platform points, but disagrees with just one or two. This is not a bad thing, however, because even though she disagrees with one or two things, she sees him as being direct while not trying to sidestep or pander. She's not caucusing so it might not be immediately significant, but just know that I didn't hear a critical word regarding Dr. Paul.

She did say she wished that they made it explicit exactly the number you need to call or whatever it is that you must do to register as a Republican. There was apparently a website was all, so she thought that the preceedure for doing so could have been made a bit more direct to avoid confusion for some.

My mother is the only reason I even knew anything like that was playing on TV in Iowa so I haven't thought to ask others.

GET YOUR MOTHER TO CAUCUS!!!... seriously now... with only 65k people expected out caucus night for the republicans.. we need about 18 people per caucus location (1800 precincts) to easily place in the top three.
You can find the links here that will let you tell your mother where to go to caucus... she can register republican on the spot though its better to do so in advance... info here as well
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/iowa/

Victrix
12-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Very Positive!

I completely agree that the timing of the blizzard was blessing in disguise for the Iowa RP infomercial. We got 7 inches down in the southeast corner of the state last night and all the roads stayed semi-buried through today because of the drifting and blowing snow. It kept a whole lot of people form going anywhere :D

goldstandard
12-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks for reporting. One important point for another infomercial would be to make contact information more visible.
So, any other reactions from Iowa?