12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Paraphrased from interview with Chuck Todd
on CSPAN "Mike Huckabee is the first to break
away from President Bushes current policies"

This guy is is living in another world.

Has he not watched any of the debates? :mad:

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Huckabee is like the second coming of GW Bush [lol, pun]. Indeed, I don't know what type of world the guy must be living in.

I find it funny how the media calls Huckabee the darkhorse and McCain the maverick. Really, it's hilarious. Ron is exactly those two things, oh but they never want to mention that.

indivi
12-23-2007, 05:49 PM
What a ridiculously ignorant quote. I'm not worried, though - Paul's growing popularity will only continue to increase, and more people are realizing the truth (that is, the opposite of this quote) every day.

PimpBlimp
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Its a scam by MSM to try to make Huckabee look like the 'alternative candidate'. Fox news has been doing it for a month now.

deehrler
12-23-2007, 06:04 PM
"Mike Huckabee is the first to break

Technically he is correct. Ron Paul never broke away. He was never a partisan of George Bush's policies.

Spike
12-23-2007, 06:10 PM
"Mike Huckabee is the first to break

Technically he is correct. Ron Paul never broke away. He was never a partisan of George Bush's policies.

No, he isn't correct. Dr. Paul has repeatedly stated he would break away from Bush's current policies, saying he is not a real conservative and that the current government is leading towards fascism. "Current policies" is the key term, not Bush. This Todd guy just chooses to ignore Paul.

malkusm
12-23-2007, 06:12 PM
No, he isn't correct. Dr. Paul has repeatedly stated he would break away from Bush's current policies, saying he is not a real conservative and that the current government is leading towards fascism. "Current policies" is the key term, not Bush. This Todd guy just chooses to ignore Paul.

I think what he meant was, you have to be a subscriber to Bush's "current policies" before you can "break away" from them - and RP was never on the same page with W.