PDA

View Full Version : Doorknocking in Tennessee is going real well.

Scott Wilson
12-23-2007, 05:10 PM
We had a very successful doorknocking day today here in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Over the last few weeks I have hit many households offering free Ron Paul information.

Today 5 of us hit approximately 300-400 houses in the space of 3 hours or so.

The message was very well recieved. Many people had not heard of Ron Paul but had seen the bumper stickers and signs. Most people took the information we were offering and said they would look at it.

We gave them all the "Dear American Letter" which was wrapped around a slim jim and the whole package is paper clipped together with a Liberty Card on top. A great little package.

http://files.meetup.com/593250/Dear%20American.doc

One man told me he was leaning towards Huckabee to which I additionally gave him the Ron Paul DVD: A Man For All Seasons.

One lady stated she was following the election pretty closely but did not know much about the good doctor. She has a DVD now also.

I am sure todays effort planted seeds which will result in a few more votes for our district.

Doorknocking is far more effective than sign waving or hanging out in front of your computer. If we seriously want to win this we all need to be involved in door to door campaigning.

werdd
12-23-2007, 05:12 PM
awesome, you will make them wonder when they think why exactly you are taking time out of your day to campaign for someone when you arent being paid.

RP-Republican
12-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Awesome!
Checkout this video it might help you guys out. You can also order canvassing dvds for only .25 cents each from them.
Watch this video of how this guy is getting it done
http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/canvassing

Arklatex
12-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Nice work true Patriot! If everyone on this forum did what this guy did today.... it'd be worth $2,000,000!

Mental Dribble
12-23-2007, 05:20 PM
This is REAL BOOTS ON GROUND WORK!

Keep it up!!

crazyfacedjenkins
12-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow you guys hit a lot more houses than us! What's your secret?

Scott Wilson
12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
We had 5 people. 2 could only canvass for an hour so we dropped them off near the entrance of the subdivision we were in so they could work their way back to their car.

The rest of us (3 people) went to the back end. I stuck to one side and just keep going right. The other two stuck left and hopped each other. Eventually I met up with them and doing it this way means we do not miss any houses and we do not double over any areas.

I am very brief at the front doors. I say, "Good afternoon, I am a volunteer for the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign and I am offering free information." I hold the information out and they take it. I also say, if it is not to rushed, that Ron Paul is a real people's candidate and he stands for limited constitutional government.

If the person is a bit of a lurker I then ask if they have heard of Ron Paul. People may then reveal who they support, their party affiliation etc. This allows me to see if it worth giving them a DVD (as I only had a limited amount).

I also carry voter registation forms but I didn't hand any out.

Joe3113
12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Awesome guys!

Scott Wilson
12-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey Curlz. Best thing is I am an Australian. :D

WilliamC
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for doing the hard work of campaigning!

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Good to hear!

crazyfacedjenkins
12-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Sounds good. We got a list of Republicans in our area and try to hit retirement communities. We get a lot of houses, but not that many.

Scott Wilson
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
It is a good idea to hit farms too.

Many farmers love the Constitution and property rights and are very skeptical of politics.

malkusm
12-23-2007, 06:37 PM
It is a good idea to hit farms too.

Many farmers love the Constitution and property rights and are very skeptical of politics.

100% agreed, as someone who has lived on a farm his entire life, and someone whose dad is a farmer...

nc4rp
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
way to go!
im doing this in Asheville NC area all of January - Paulrevier-style

hawks4ronpaul
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
We had a very successful doorknocking day today here in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Did you run into the Red State Update guys?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

RP-Republican
12-23-2007, 07:33 PM
bump

Carole
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Don't forget to hand out voter registration forms to become Republican. :)

RP-Republican
12-23-2007, 11:48 PM
bump