PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Meet The Press

Ryankelly
12-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I thought Dr. Ron Paul did an excellent job on Meet the Press. He looked Presidential. Remember Tim Russert, like him or not, is about the best there is at digging up dirt on candidates. He made Mayor Guiliani look ridiculous as he struugled to explain scandal after scandal.

By contrast, Tim Russert was really struggling to find "mud" about which he could ask Ron Paul. There were no past relationship scandals (Guiliani), flip flops (Romney, Guiliani), pressure to pardon a rapist who kills shortly after his release (Huckabee), or deals with Ted Kennedy to give amnesty to illegal aliens (McCain). The best that Russert could come up with was that Congressmen Paul uses the existing law to get funds for bridges and nursing homes in his Congressional district. What a scandal! There was absolutely no hint of self interest. Dr. Paul was never "given" thousands of dollars of "gifts" from people he later appointed to government positions (Huckabee). I know we will hear about that next week. (I personally would like to know how Huckabee made out from his gift registry at the Target and Walmart).

So with no actual scandals to fall back on, Russert was forced to resort to Dr. Paul's views of history. Personally, I care more about how we get out of Iraq and balance our budget, but apparently Russert thinks that a burning 2008 issue is the Civil War. Apparently, Russert did not know that Dr. Paul is opposed to war. That Dr. Paul believes that there are always ways to prevent war (unless you are attacked). Russert tried to imply that by being opposed to the Civil War, Dr. Paul must be a racist. Dr. Paul's view on all war is consistent. War is a last resort. There is always a peaceful solution. It was as true in 1860, as it is today. As Dr. Paul explained today, and in other interviews, one peaceful (and probably more economical) solution may have been to simply free the slaves and reimburse the "owner". There would have been alot less human suffering that way (by everyone including slaves).

But back to 2008. Clearly, if these were the best "scandals" that Tim Russert could find on Dr. Ron Paul, we have finally found an individual worthy of the White House. Imagine that, our children could actually think of the President of the United States as a role model. I know it sounds old fashioned, but that is what we would have if Ron Paul were President.

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
you've absolutely nailed it on the head.

now put that speech into a video and youtube it so that we have more propaganda floating around on OUR media circuit.

Matthew Zak
12-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I think the anti-Ron Paul establishment really wanted Russert (perhaps it was his own burning desire) to get Ron Paul to say whether or not he would run as an independent. Clearly, for Ron Paul to openly consider that idea would be to admit defeat, and thus discourage any new potential voters. Of course they're saying, "Ron Paul wouldn't rule out a 3rd party run" because a fraction of potential supporters will say, "Oh, he's a flake. Well I'm not voting for him." It's absolutely ridiculous.

Ron Paul should create an advertisement which plays clips of various pundits asking him that question. Then have him say, "Why do they insist on asking me this question? The only incentive I can think of is that they don't want me to have any more support. Well this is my official declaration of intent. I fully intent on becoming the republican nominee for president. That's my goal, and that is why my supporters have raised almost thirty million dollars for my campaign.

Well it would probably go in one ear and out the other, but damn. I'm tired of him getting asked that question.

boondoggle
12-23-2007, 04:53 PM
But back to 2008. Clearly, if these were the best "scandals" that Tim Russert could find on Dr. Ron Paul, we have finally found an individual worthy of the White House. Imagine that, our children could actually think of the President of the United States as a role model. I know it sounds old fashioned, but that is what we would have if Ron Paul were President.

. . . Why do I get chills thinking about that?

Seriously, guys: Hope for America.

InRonWeTrust
12-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Russert is known for raping these candidates. I actually thought was very nice to Ron.

thumbto
12-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Meet the Press won't matter one way or another. What matters is that we turn people on to Ron's message. Most people don't give a shit about politics or Tim Russert. The combination of Paul's message & integrity with the fact that he is obviously being excluded from media coverage will continue to enflame and activate disillusioned voters. The 50% of the population that does not vote can crush the establishment in a heartbeat if they have a reason to unite.

Go spread the word. Go get 'em.

voytechs
12-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Russert is known for raping these candidates. I actually thought was very nice to Ron.

Did he made Romney "cry"?

Liberty Star
12-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I also thought Ron Paul was excellent.

Tim is a tough host, you should see his interviews with other candidates to appreciate how well Ron Paul did to get his message out. I thought it was a great interview and Ron Paul made sure his views on key policy issues were known. Tim always digs up old and obscure stuff to put candidates on a hot seat, Ron Paul was clear and strong on key points of his current campaign and that is what matters. Ron Paul will pick up some good support as a result.

911cartoon
12-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Man, check out the CNN ticker headline: "GOP hopeful could run as independent"

rightobeleftalone
12-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I just watched the meet the press interview. Ron did a great job! I would think that his portrayal of a soft facism decending upon America will resonate with those who never saw Ron before. This will help the cause. Ron will do great. He will win. This is exciting.

N13
12-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Russert avoided two big RP topics of strength, Iraq and Monetary policy.

speciallyblend
12-23-2007, 05:41 PM
shows the media is clueless,no matter what they try it wont matter. Ron Pauls supporters are rising.

MSM media is a JOKE,HELL TRULY THEY are a joke,thats why you have the daily show and others,they are the joke

LandonCook
12-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Are you kidding me! 72 years of life and the only think they can find on this guy is a few justifiable earmarks for his home district. His record speaks volumes… He is the first politician I have ever trusted, and probably ever will. Tim Russert, you are the weakest link…

Ryankelly
12-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Frankly, I did not expect that Russert would allow Dr. Paul to speak at length about his various policies. My goals for this interview were (1) for Dr. Paul to look Presidential and (2) to escape the interview without injury. Dr. Paul exceeded my expectations and easily met my goals.

On to Iowa.

JPFromTally
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I thought Ron was biting back at Tim near the end. There was a part where he scolded him, "Come on Tim..."

ValidusCustodiae
12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I thought Ron was biting back at Tim near the end. There was a part where he scolded him, "Come on Tim..."

There was a little give and take there, I really enjoyed seeing the doctor deal with some tough questions.

Coola
12-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Ron Paul should create an advertisement which plays clips of various pundits asking him that question. Then have him say, "Why do they insist on asking me this question? The only incentive I can think of is that they don't want me to have any more support. Well this is my official declaration of intent. I fully intent on becoming the republican nominee for president. That's my goal, and that is why my supporters have raised almost thirty million dollars for my campaign.

Well it would probably go in one ear and out the other, but damn. I'm tired of him getting asked that question.

well there is this http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXtEPKlJhak