PDA

View Full Version : we need an infrastructure for getting local/state/congressional candidates elected

BarryDonegan
12-23-2007, 04:21 PM
im personally planning a city council run the next time its available in Nashville, TN. I'd like it if we had some kind of web infrastructure for getting in office, some of these offices are VERY easy to get. it takes like 100 votes from what i can tell to get a council seat where im at, which i could easily campaign and get if i had some help. some kind of site, or something, could really make it easy.

theres no excuse to not attend meetings and vote on your community issues, if all you have to do to get the right is campaign a couple of months to try and convince a handful of ppl to vote for you. we could even teach the methods for winning.

traviskicks
12-23-2007, 04:28 PM
All politics is local! Start local and think global! :)

Someone from our RP meetup group is running for the chaimen of the Clark county central committee (main county in las vegas), we'll see if we win! We are also having members volunteering on committees.

torchbearer
12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
meet-ups are the structure that we can use... people need to gravitate to their meet-ups and keep them active even after this election.

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 04:43 PM
check the third link in my sig.

torchbearer
12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
^^^

terryhamel
12-24-2007, 12:54 AM
paulcongress.com and libertycongress.org are the only ones I've seen. Keeping the local meetup groups going is a good tool for online organization and information dissemination.

EvilEngineer
12-24-2007, 01:05 AM
I'm working with a few others on the We Are Ron Paul site, one of the items I'm adding to the site is a participation link to be a part of a liberty network. This will carry over the people interested into a longer-term social networking designed around changing the political landscape.

Keep an eye out in the "Tech projects" over in the other part of the forums.