PDA

View Full Version : $20M ooooooor Name recognition?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Okay people.

Personally I thought todays Meet the Press was a 50%/50% thing
for undecided, honest viewers - or people who didn't know Ron
before.

Now it seems that there are 3 Camps in here:

- The ones who resist on money bombs, divided in small and big Moneybombs

- The camp who are for no moneybombs at all and prefer a third solution

- The people who think the Blimp is more important than anything else

The biggest problem I see is Ron Paul's name recognition, while Huck,
Giuly, Romney, Obama, Hillary and McCain are mentioned 50 times more
than Ron.

The Blimp is nice and my compliments to those who established it - but
I don't see that it's drawing new supporters in the thousands. And the
time is running out for Ron, as sad this fact is. Plus the fact that the
Media mentioned it a while ago. Old story for them.

Moneybombs are cool and we had a huge success the first time. The
second one got a pretty quite reply - even if it was a new online-Donation
Record. Sad, but that's true as well. The effort to push Ron above the
$20M mark would be cool to brag about it, but it wouldn't solve the
Name-recognition. The Media will ignore it as well to jump up and
declare Ron as being a Frontrunner. Those who think otherwise, seem
to be pretty optimistic, to put it mildly.

Now the Internet is a nice place and it surely is a lot of fun to push
online-polls or DIGG every fart Ron makes. But it won't us acquire new
potential voters - at least not as many as we could have with more directed
efforts.

The most reasonable Idea right now seems to get the name out in
the "old Media". Local TV, Local Newspapers or maybe even buying
Airtime on conservative Media like Fox.

What do you think - if you're honest and thought about it?

trey4sports
12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
name recognition=very important, however i think a mix of blimp/ads/canvassing is where its at

Oliver
12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Okay - I should've added that I was talking about raising money
and how to use it, how to raise it:

For the official campaign, or an own fund for grassroots projects
like canvassing, Blimp, advertising, Moneybombs etc...

literatim
12-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Donating to the campaign and getting him to $21 million is not mutually exclusive with doing all the grassroots work. Nothing has stopped us before.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Donating to the campaign and getting him to $21 million is not mutually exclusive with doing all the grassroots work. Nothing has stopped us before.

I fully understand.

But will the Media care? ... You decide.

emk
12-23-2007, 04:01 PM
If the blimp gets grounded, it's going to be VERY bad press.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:11 PM
If the blimp gets grounded, it's going to be VERY bad press.

Not if we decided to focus on another thing. That would be respected
and wise as well - from the opponents Point of View.

vadimg
12-23-2007, 04:12 PM
http://donate2008.org

emk
12-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Not if we decided to focus on another thing. That would be respected
and wise as well - from the opponents Point of View.

I agree but we'd better be sure to ground the blimp gracefully, and not because of lack of funds! :)

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
http://donate2008.org

Why? :confused:

More important than name recognition?

WilliamC
12-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I agree that 20 million for the quarter would be great and I'll hopefully donate a bit more before the 1st. However I just spent another $100 for stamps/paper/envelopes to get 200 more letters to Iowa mailed and I'm really starting to anger the wife.

What I'd really like to do next is buy 1 or 2 thousand bumper stickers and take them to my next meetup meeting, that'd be about $150 to $300. One tactic I noticed a few years ago when Trent Lott ran for re-election was that, all along Interstate 55, on the front of guardrails facing oncoming traffic, was a Trent Lott bumper sticker. It wasn't the easiest thing to see just one of them but they were on for literally hundreds of miles. After noticing the first few I would start to look for them whenever another guardrail came up. It got to be a sort of game seeing if there would be yet another Trent Lott bumper sticker. Fortunately Ron Paul is an easy name to recognize, and i think this would work great for name recognition.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree but we'd better be sure to ground the blimp gracefully, and not because of lack of funds! :)

Then we should think about it NOW. It will happen in the
near future from my estimation reading in here.

Otherwise I wouldn't read all the "Please! Please!"-Threads
in here instead in the Blimp-forum. A clear sign that things
are not running very well.

IMHO.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree that 20 million for the quarter would be great and I'll hopefully donate a bit more before the 1st. However I just spent another $100 for stamps/paper/envelopes to get 200 more letters to Iowa mailed and I'm really starting to anger the wife.

What I'd really like to do next is buy 1 or 2 thousand bumper stickers and take them to my next meetup meeting, that'd be about $150 to $300. One tactic I noticed a few years ago when Trent Lott ran for re-election was that, all along Interstate 55, on the front of guardrails facing oncoming traffic, was a Trent Lott bumper sticker. It wasn't the easiest thing to see just one of them but they were on for literally hundreds of miles. After noticing the first few I would start to look for them whenever another guardrail came up. It got to be a sort of game seeing if there would be yet another Trent Lott bumper sticker. Fortunately Ron Paul is an easy name to recognize, and i think this would work great for name recognition.

And this sounds very wise and makes sense to me as well.

So what would you think if ALL Americans would know Ron Paul
and those new people would help us canvassing and raise money?

Wouldn't this be more easy to archive our goal of Ron's presidency
if we would double or even triple our efforts thanks to the new
people?

Black Dude
12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I think canvassing is the best thing we can do. But we're not too far from $20 million either, so we might as well do both. I'm not sure about the blimp.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Those who voted "$20+M".

What do you hope to achieve with "a number"?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I think canvassing is the best thing we can do. But we're not too far from $20 million either, so we might as well do both. I'm not sure about the blimp.

Yes, this should be part of the campaign as well. And it's never
wrong to have even more people helping in this effort, would it?

How many people did you convince so far via canvassing - if I may ask?

rachmiel
12-23-2007, 04:22 PM

I think this or something like this is a good idea. I am thinking of placing a RP lawn sign every mile or so on Interstate 78 where I live, which runs from PA, through NJ, to NYC. More immediately, though, I would like to do this along the highway in NH when I go up there next week, but I'm not familiar with NH's roads.

Also, I think we should all consider wearing RP insignia, clothing, accessories, etc., as much as possible. We need to make sure our army is as visible as possible!

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I think this or something like this is a good idea. I am thinking of placing a RP lawn sign every mile or so on Interstate 78 where I live, which runs from PA, through NJ, to NYC. More immediately, though, I would like to do this along the highway in NH when I go up there next week, but I'm not familiar with NH's roads.

Also, I think we should all consider wearing RP insignia, clothing, accessories, etc., as much as possible. We need to make sure our army is as visible as possible!

This is also a great Idea and surely helpful if you decided to support
Ron this way. It surely will make some people curious about who
Ron Paul is. :)

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
"Name recognition" or "cool numbers and flying Blimps"?

fortilite
12-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Direct mail and canvass.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM

What would you think about more people getting involved.
Would you support Blimp, Moneybomb, Ron-Paycheck or would you
prefer to just focus on your own project?

WilliamC
12-23-2007, 04:50 PM
And this sounds very wise and makes sense to me as well.

So what would you think if ALL Americans would know Ron Paul
and those new people would help us canvassing and raise money?

I think Ron Paul would be President in 2009.

Wouldn't this be more easy to archive our goal of Ron's presidency if we would double or even triple our efforts thanks to the new
people?

The more new people who join the campaign the better of course.

One for Ron Paul and Ron Paul for All!

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Direct mail and canvass.

To address all 180,000,000 adult Americans? How much time do you
think does it need to address all of them?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I think Ron Paul would be President in 2009.

The more new people who join the campaign the better of course.

One for Ron Paul and Ron Paul for All!

I fully agree with your logic. :)

rice_classic
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
We need to educate the media and people in general of the truth. People think that the history of the Fed and the IRS are still in "conspiracy" status but they're NOT. We have to change this. We should use funding that's NOT part of the Paul campaign for TV spots with clips of "history". If you mention Ron Paul's name then he has to support it but if you don't then it's just random information. Imagine you're a person who has no idea that the Fed was created illegally in 1913 by 7 of the world's richest men, that it perpetuates war, that the banks control the government and that the Income Tax was never legally ratified? When I first heard things like this I thought they were "conspiracies" also until I read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" (a book endorsed by RP btw). I was so astounded that everything was factual I was enraged to think that I lived in a "supposedly" free country of people who let this happen. I found it hard to believe that Americans are REALLY this blind and stupid. They're not though, not all of us. I was "blind and stupid" until I started reading. Now I read several books a month and enjoy "waking up" with each one.

Americans aren't necessarily stupid as I discovered. They have just been deliberately misguided, misinformed and most importantly distracted.

The lessons and illegalities of the FED and the IRS need to BECOME MAIN STREAM! They need to be covered, talked about, and in your face before America "gets it".

We need booklets, pamphlets, TV spots and the so forth that are created by CREDIBLE people and that DON'T have RP's name attached to the message. By leaving off Ron Paul's name it allows the reader to soak in the information without a biased undertone and then when they start researching the candidates their decisions will be obvious.

This why I have posted several times before that when Ron appears on TV he has to use SPECIFICS. He needs to back up his claims with facts and historical representations. He has to SHOW US and NOT tell us that the things the NEO-CONS (both dems and reps) are doing are eroding our country, our culture, our freedom and our constitution.

We need literature, we need media, we need it now.

We need Rappers to talk about the problems in their music and rock stars and beat poets, we need TV shows and Movies to talk about it. We need it to be on peoples Blogs and iPods. We need the truth of the reality to be spread. When people hear it and know it they will be more engaged, they will demand more answers and the revolution will grow.

We need to approach the spread of this message as the Sales Directors of large corporations approach their target groups. We need to specify our messages to our appropriate demographics. Remember that freedom rings true with ALL Americans but many Americans are so swindled by the system we have to find the "key" to unlock their interest in voting for RP.

When considering the demographic groups below, what aspect of our message would convince them to "see the light"?
1: Pro-Choice (I'm pro-choice but I'm voting for RP because he supports states rights and I know my state will remain pro-choice)
2: Christian (both moderate and far-out fanatic)
3: non-Christian (I'm an Atheist who's voting for a declared Christian)
4: Women who are only voting for Hillary because she's a woman.
5: Older people (those that miss the good old days 50+ years old)
6: Military or those with Family in the Military

You can't use the same message to talk to these people, you have to find the "sweet spot".

How do we get the name out? Talk about the Fed and talk about the IRS and talk about the Illegality of it with facts and specifics! Talk about the importance of states rights, talk about how banks forced us into war, talk about how our thousands of military bases are costing us our freedom and security. Don't use RP's name at first, let them ask you "the expert on the subject", who you are voting for.

hazek
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I voted don't know, cause I really don't.

Money won't do the trick if no one will report on it... Advertising won't do the trick, because it's not enough about Ron, cause we all know, that no one sells Ron as great as Ron does him self.

I guess the only thing that will get Ron elected is getting 51% of Americans INTERESTED and EDUCATED about the issues facing Americas politics and their own lives. I don't know but I don't think a uneducated person really understands most of things Ron talks about. It's actually the only major flaw I see with Ron, it's that he is too smart.. :(

Mouth to mouth is the way to go I guess but you have to have videos of Ron with you otherwise it's not as effective either.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 05:16 PM
We need to educate the media and people in general of the truth. People think that the history of the Fed and the IRS are still in "conspiracy" status but they're NOT.

We have to change this. We should use funding that's NOT part of the Paul campaign for TV spots with clips of "history".

That's what I'm talking about in here. We cannot just hope
the official campaign will all the problems regarding name-
recognition. So far, not much happened to eliminate this problem.

If you mention Ron Paul's name then he has to support it but if you don't then it's just random information. Imagine you're a person who has no idea that the Fed was created illegally in 1913 by 7 of the world's richest men, that it perpetuates war, that the banks control the government and that the Income Tax was never legally ratified? When I first heard things like this I thought they were "conspiracies" also until I read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" (a book endorsed by RP btw). I was so astounded that everything was factual I was enraged to think that I lived in a "supposedly" free country of people who let this happen.

Maybe to mention the whole FED-Background would be too much for
someone who never had any contact with this issue. The focus should
be on the main-issues, including getting rid of the IRS without any
replacement. People having some start-information, will go and read
the rest online.

I found it hard to believe that Americans are REALLY this blind and stupid. They're not though, not all of us. I was "blind and stupid" until I started reading. Now I read several books a month and enjoy "waking up" with each one.

Same point. The focus should be to catch peoples attention, not to
educate them about everything. Just make them curious enough to
get them off the couch.

Americans aren't necessarily stupid as I discovered. They have just been deliberately misguided, misinformed and most importantly distracted.

Good point to make people curious.

The lessons and illegalities of the FED and the IRS need to BECOME MAIN STREAM! They need to be covered, talked about, and in your face before America "gets it".

We need booklets, pamphlets, TV spots and the so forth that are created by CREDIBLE people and that DON'T have RP's name attached to the message. By leaving off Ron Paul's name it allows the reader to soak in the information without a biased undertone and then when they start researching the candidates their decisions will be obvious.

This why I have posted several times before that when Ron appears on TV he has to use SPECIFICS. He needs to back up his claims with facts and historical representations. He has to SHOW US and NOT tell us that the things the NEO-CONS (both dems and reps) are doing are eroding our country, our culture, our freedom and our constitution.

We need literature, we need media, we need it now.

What is your solution to get this done?

We need Rappers to talk about the problems in their music and rock stars and beat poets, we need TV shows and Movies to talk about it. We need it to be on peoples Blogs and iPods. We need the truth of the reality to be spread. When people hear it and know it they will be more engaged, they will demand more answers and the revolution will grow.

We could have all of this in masses - if Ron's name would be more
famous. We're still not at the point on which the dam is breaking.

We need to approach the spread of this message as the Sales Directors of large corporations approach their target groups. We need to specify our messages to our appropriate demographics. Remember that freedom rings true with ALL Americans but many Americans are so swindled by the system we have to find the "key" to unlock their interest in voting for RP.

When considering the demographic groups below, what aspect of our message would convince them to "see the light"?
1: Pro-Choice (I'm pro-choice but I'm voting for RP because he supports states rights and I know my state will remain pro-choice)
2: Christian (both moderate and far-out fanatic)
3: non-Christian (I'm an Atheist who's voting for a declared Christian)
4: Women who are only voting for Hillary because she's a woman.
5: Older people (those that miss the good old days 50+ years old)
6: Military or those with Family in the Military

You can't use the same message to talk to these people, you have to find the "sweet spot".

How do we get the name out? Talk about the Fed and talk about the IRS and talk about the Illegality of it with facts and specifics! Talk about the importance of states rights, talk about how banks forced us into war, talk about how our thousands of military bases are costing us our freedom and security. Don't use RP's name at first, let them ask you "the expert on the subject", who you are voting for.

Do you know what the "sweep spot" is?
Taxes? Immigration? Health-care? Free-Choice? War?

It's a State-dependent thing, as far I see it. Even if Taxes are
an issue in all States - unsurprisingly. :D

Oliver
12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I voted don't know, cause I really don't.

Money won't do the trick if no one will report on it... Advertising won't do the trick, because it's not enough about Ron, cause we all know, that no one sells Ron as great as Ron does him self.

I guess the only thing that will get Ron elected is getting 51% of Americans INTERESTED and EDUCATED about the issues facing Americas politics and their own lives. I don't know but I don't think a uneducated person really understands most of things Ron talks about. It's actually the only major flaw I see with Ron, it's that he is too smart.. :(

Mouth to mouth is the way to go I guess but you have to have videos of Ron with you otherwise it's not as effective either.

Okay, I appreciate that you're honest and don't exactly know
what to do. :)

May I ask what you think would be the best way to get as much
interested people as possible?

Canvassing - TV-Ads - Newspaper Ads - Blimps?

What would be the most convincing way?

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 05:32 PM
We can't have both? 20 million will obviously give us a lot of clout and name recognition. The only quarter totals they're going to know for sure is Ron Paul's and Huckabee's [and Huckabee's fundraising is going to look miniscule compared to Paul's]. The blimp is cool. Grassroots efforts have of course been the backbone of the campaign. The only other way to get more name rec and awareness of the issues is through advertising. Also, hopefully Ron Paul gets some professionals who can cozy up to the media, at least somewhat. HQ's current relationship with the media is absolutely pathetic.

romeo2
12-23-2007, 05:32 PM
i think its as simple as this. win iowa and nh. i dont care if he maxes out all 18million as long as he wins those two elections. because we could do another moneybomb so cash isn't a problem. do EVERYTHING possible to win those 2 states, media can't deny him attention no matter how hard they try. people in other states who are most likely undecided because of how all the other candidates equally suck balls will know his name and somehow come across his message of freedom and liberty. this would equal more supporters, which means more support, more money.

Shink
12-23-2007, 05:33 PM
name recognition=very important, however i think a mix of blimp/ads/canvassing is where its at

Yes, I agree. MONEYBOMBS ARE THE EXACT OPPOSITE STRATEGY WE NEED NOW. We need to support Ron Paul's Payday, all the automatic phonebank stuff, be all over the ground spreading the word like crazy. The blimp will pull in votes, and to let it die would only dampen our momentum. If it goes over the Super Bowl, that'd be on fucking ESPN, let alone everywhere else. Don't forget GETTING ON THE BALLOT as well...kind of a priority.:cool:

dave_mack33
12-23-2007, 05:45 PM
why not pay to get ads on the front pages of yahoo and other search engines? maybe get his picture on buses and advertisements like that. you know how taxi cabs have those funky things on top?

i hope that makes sense. get his picture on the public transportation!:D

Oliver
12-23-2007, 05:53 PM
We can't have both? 20 million will obviously give us a lot of clout and name recognition. The only quarter totals they're going to know for sure is Ron Paul's and Huckabee's [and Huckabee's fundraising is going to look miniscule compared to Paul's]. The blimp is cool. Grassroots efforts have of course been the backbone of the campaign. The only other way to get more name rec and awareness of the issues is through advertising. Also, hopefully Ron Paul gets some professionals who can cozy up to the media, at least somewhat. HQ's current relationship with the media is absolutely pathetic.

Fully agree. :)

Would you prefer a Grassroots-Fond - or rather letting the official
Campaign managing it?

dave_mack33
12-23-2007, 06:03 PM
we should make a ron paul presidential doll... the same thing they have for gwb and hillary. it could have all his freedom quotes and abolish the irs.

but seriously, ron's name/picture should be on the side of the public transportation buses and in subway cars. if you did that in every major city, he'd definitely start getting noticed. add in the website and you're half way there....

and did anyone check out having the banner airplanes fly around? it's more effective to have many of them in different cities than only one blimp :(

coffeewithchess
12-23-2007, 06:03 PM

For name recognition, I say billboards along highways/roads are better than ads in newspapers. A newspaper ad isn't guaranteed to even reach everybody that gets the paper, because some readers skip certain sections. Billboard is repetition everyday to the people that drive the road...that is what we need is REPETITION. That is how advertising and the media works. THEY mention certain candidates MANY more times than others...same idea with the billboards. The cars drive past them MANY times, average 5 days a week for people that work, that is 20 days a month based on a 4 week month. 20 days of possible name recognition compared to reaching MAYBE a couple of thousand people with a newspaper ad, my guess is that the billboards would be better than a single newspaper ad.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
i think its as simple as this. win iowa and nh. i dont care if he maxes out all 18million as long as he wins those two elections. because we could do another moneybomb so cash isn't a problem. do EVERYTHING possible to win those 2 states, media can't deny him attention no matter how hard they try. people in other states who are most likely undecided because of how all the other candidates equally suck balls will know his name and somehow come across his message of freedom and liberty. this would equal more supporters, which means more support, more money.

What if we don't get IOWA?

What's your strategy at this point? We should start to include it as
well to be well prepared for ANY outcome of IOWA. :)

By the way: Are the results available at the same day after the
election in IOWA? Or is this a matter of days until the results
are out?

dave_mack33
12-23-2007, 06:16 PM
i agree with billboards. definitely!

I think they should also highlight his military service, doctor, over 18 million raised, 6 million in one day, smaller government, and obviously, the constitution.

things that show he is truly top tier and ready to lead. i also think it would help to say he is a ten term republican for freedom hope prosperity

Oliver
12-23-2007, 06:24 PM
we should make a ron paul presidential doll... the same thing they have for gwb and hillary. it could have all his freedom quotes and abolish the irs.

but seriously, ron's name/picture should be on the side of the public transportation buses and in subway cars. if you did that in every major city, he'd definitely start getting noticed. add in the website and you're half way there....

and did anyone check out having the banner airplanes fly around? it's more effective to have many of them in different cities than only one blimp :(

I don't think that Buses are very realistic since advertising on them
is pretty expensive in contrast to traditional ads - like the News-papers.
Of course it would be cool, no question about it.

I guess the same thing is true about planes. In contrast to traditional
advertising, much too expensive and doesn't explain the most important
points of Ron anyway. (Pretty much similar to the Blimp)

Oliver
12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
For name recognition, I say billboards along highways/roads are better than ads in newspapers. A newspaper ad isn't guaranteed to even reach everybody that gets the paper, because some readers skip certain sections. Billboard is repetition everyday to the people that drive the road...that is what we need is REPETITION. That is how advertising and the media works. THEY mention certain candidates MANY more times than others...same idea with the billboards. The cars drive past them MANY times, average 5 days a week for people that work, that is 20 days a month based on a 4 week month. 20 days of possible name recognition compared to reaching MAYBE a couple of thousand people with a newspaper ad, my guess is that the billboards would be better than a single newspaper ad.

I basically agree here - but Newspapers are ideal to catch
peoples interest who actually do read Newspapers. And from
this point they can ignite their friends interest as well, even
if their friends aren't that much political or read Newspapers.

Same goes to TV-Ads.

Of course Billboards are great as well. Maybe we should start
to collect potential, empty Bill-Boards that would be ideal for
Ron Paul advertisement?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
why not pay to get ads on the front pages of yahoo and other search engines? maybe get his picture on buses and advertisements like that. you know how taxi cabs have those funky things on top?

i hope that makes sense. get his picture on the public transportation!:D

Well - America is a big country. To advertise on Taxis, Planes, Blimps, Buses,
or any local transport related vehicle is ten times more expensive as Ads in
Newspapers and State- or local TV. So even if it would be cool, it is too
expensive - and the official campaign doesn't go for that anyway, do they?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
The results so far:

$20+M to wake up the Media - 28.00%
Sponsoring the Blimp to draw many Voters - 18.00%
Advertising to get the Name out - 48.00%
I dunno / -care - 6.00%

Looks like the Blimp loses. Drop it?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
*bump for Shink and romeo2*

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Well - America is a big country. To advertise on Taxis, Planes, Blimps, Buses,
or any local transport related vehicle is ten times more expensive as Ads in
Newspapers and State- or local TV. So even if it would be cool, it is too
expensive - and the official campaign doesn't go for that anyway, do they?

They may be more expensive, but they last for more than one day.

I'm unclear as to why you raised the issue of the campaign. I thought you were talking about what we the grassroots should do. :confused:

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:10 PM
They may be more expensive, but they last for more than one day.

I'm unclear as to why you raised the issue of the campaign. I thought you were talking about what we the grassroots should do. :confused:

Yep. For what should Grassroots raise money?

The official campaign - or the Grassroots efforts. AKA:

Grassroots Projects or donate to the official Campaign in hope they will
spend it the way the Grassroots would...

Eli
12-23-2007, 08:22 PM
name recognition is number 1. Its getting late and the schedule is tightening but he's got to get on more mainstream shows. We've nailed out quite the list and after every single one theres been a huge bump in the polls and fundraising and general support. We still got a few more to go though:
Regis and Kelly
Good morning america
Ellen

He's gotta get 'em done before super tuesday. Sooner the better.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:27 PM
name recognition is number 1. Its getting late and the schedule is tightening but he's got to get on more mainstream shows. We've nailed out quite the list and after every single one theres been a huge bump in the polls and fundraising and general support. We still got a few more to go though:
Regis and Kelly
Good morning america
Ellen

He's gotta get 'em done before super tuesday. Sooner the better.

Well, looks like the "Blimpers" think otherwise - they want to cruise
the cool money-waster instead:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/misc/poll_posticon.gif http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/firstnew.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=64301) Poll: Blimp is out? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=64301)

american.swan
12-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I might have worded the poll questions a bit differently but I like this poll, great idea.

I think the mass media thinks the money bombs are so yesterday. Been there, done that. The mass media doesn't like a non-neo-con so we need to do something else.

I like the Blimp funding, I like the payday scheme, and other plans.

I don't like this focus on national news. Local news I think is important and they seem to be almost ignored.

What can we do to shock our local media?

american.swan
12-23-2007, 08:34 PM
The results so far:

$20+M to wake up the Media - 28.00%
Sponsoring the Blimp to draw many Voters - 18.00%
Advertising to get the Name out - 48.00%
I dunno / -care - 6.00%

Looks like the Blimp loses. Drop it?

I don't think we should drop the blimp. It is working great in the area it flies over.
But to think the blimp flying over Florida is going to get us votes in Nevada is crazy. We need some more plans, some more ideas.

Money bombs are out, so yesterday. Payday is a good plan.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't think we should drop the blimp. It is working great in the area it flies over.
But to think the blimp flying over Florida is going to get us votes in Nevada is crazy. We need some more plans, some more ideas.

Money bombs are out, so yesterday. Payday is a good plan.

Payday surely is a good Idea. But concerning Name-recognition, it doesn't
provide an answer concerning this issue. It's just another thing like a
moneybomb, just in a smaller scale.

Oliver
12-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Any Ideas what Advertising would be the cheapest way
reaching the most people for that money?

Newspaper, Radio or TV-Ads?

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Any Ideas what Advertising would be the cheapest way
reaching the most people for that money?

Newspaper, Radio or TV-Ads?
In my opinion, TV is the best, because you get to see who Ron Paul is and hear him speak--well depending on the ad. I think visual things (tv ads, newspaper ads, billboards etc.) are better than just audio.

TV interviews that deal with policy and personal background are the best (but that's better dealt on radio as radio is more "serious"). I hate it when they only have Ron Paul talk about "defeating the odds" on TV interviews, and when Ron Paul says "it's about the message" yet never really get's to talk about the message.

alienpyro
12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
This chart show the average cost for 1,000 impressions. That is the cost for every 1000 people who view the ad.

Newspaper: Full Page $23.32

Magazine: Full Page $9.62

Television: 30 Second Spot $20.54

Radio: 60 Second Spot $5.92

Outdoor: BillBoard $3.90

*********Mobile Advertising: Car Wrap $1.50**********

I am working on organizing a list of volunteers that would like to get their car wrapped. I have approximately 30 volunteers across the country at this moment.

I am also assembling a list of professional, certified installers across the country as well.

I am going to have a website up for this tonight. It will go into detail a little more. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, comments, or helpful insights, post them in the original thread below:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63414

RlxdN10sity
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
This chart show the average cost for 1,000 impressions. That is the cost for every 1000 people who view the ad.

Newspaper: Full Page $23.32

Magazine: Full Page $9.62

Television: 30 Second Spot $20.54

Radio: 60 Second Spot $5.92

Outdoor: BillBoard $3.90

*********Mobile Advertising: Car Wrap $1.50**********

I am working on organizing a list of volunteers that would like to get their car wrapped. I have approximately 30 volunteers across the country at this moment.

I am also assembling a list of professional, certified installers across the country as well.

I am going to have a website up for this tonight. It will go into detail a little more. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, comments, or helpful insights, post them in the original thread below:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63414

I have been wanting a car wrap since I can remember. I just have not had the time to devote to design nor do I know how much one would cost. I have a very eye catching van. Not that it is fancy or anything but it is unique in that it is a Pathfinder 4x4 conversion, 7.3 liter diesel, 1 ton van on 35" tires. I try not to notice it anymore when peole point at it in traffic, or elbow a passenger next to them to tell them to check it out because I feel guilty thinking about them liking my van, but I know they are still there, everyday. The only other concern I have is that the body of the van is not flawless and I do not know how good of condition the vehicle body has to be in, in order to be a good candidate for a wrap. I have a fair amount of money I could throw in but I think likely not enough to cover the whole expense. Then again, it may be cheaper than I expect. The other consideration is that I am not in an early primary state. So the main benefit my advertising for Ron on my vehicle at this time would be, name recognition for general, making people curious with info. on truck and causing them look further online or ask me direclty for DVD or lit. info., and increasing our fundraising capacity with additional supporters. It would also be an excellent focal point to much of my meetups sign waving events. The folks in my meetup are the ones who confronted Giuliani in Lousiville and Lexington KY when he said "Ron Paul has supporters all over the country" Good times.

Alex Libman
12-23-2007, 11:10 PM
The money isn't just a status symbol in of itself, it needs to be spent wisely to buy enough mind-share of the American public. That said, beating Romney's 21 mil Q1 record and raising more than any Rep in any quarter would be a huge accomplishment!

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 01:46 AM
RlxdN10sity ... I am scrambling to get a website up by this morning to describe the effort to get cars wrapped across the country at no cost to the volunteer.

Join the campaign to get cars wrapped across the country

www.Drive4RonPaul.com The site should be working within 24 hours

Also Comment @ www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63414, to keep the creative ideas flowing and don't forget to visit other sites and grassroots efforts.

SUPPORT THE BLIMP, CANVASS, STAND ON THE STREET CORNERS HANDING OUT LITERATURE AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN FOR OUR COUNTRY!

emk
12-24-2007, 03:15 AM
The money isn't just a status symbol in of itself, it needs to be spent wisely to buy enough mind-share of the American public. That said, beating Romney's 21 mil Q1 record and raising more than any Rep in any quarter would be a huge accomplishment!

Not such a big deal because Romney gave millions of bucks to his own campaign.

NerveShocker
12-24-2007, 03:51 AM
We need to be doing all of these things. We are perfectly capable of dividing our efforts and it's exactly what we should be doing. We need moneybomb's, T.V. ads, the blimp, and all the grassroots projects. There is no reason to just focus on one. I think the more options we have of projects to support the better as it gives people the ability to choose personally what they like. If we limited ourselves to one or fewer projects that we all focus on we would be making a mistake. I think we all need to unite, not not behind 1 project, instead behind all of the projects so it ends the division and disagreements between us. Give people the options and let each person choose personally what they will support and what not.

This of course will result in smaller money bombs since people are involved not solely in that 1 project. This in my opinion is a good thing though as I think we need to switch our strategy at least for the time being(Wait a while until the next big money-bomb). But I still support the next small money bomb(www.Donate2008.org) but as 1 project among many that I also support such as www.RonPaulspayday.com, www.RonPaulMoneybomb.com, and www.RonPaulBlimp.com. I support all of these, but I will choose which I will personally financially support. I think we should all support any effort to help Ron Paul's campaign but that everyone should choose which 1(or more) they will choose to back if any. By doing this it would end the arguments and division caused by those attacking other projects and therefore having their project or ideas attacked as well. Remember we are all here because we are tired of the government telling us what to do, it is not our job to tell others what to do and what not to do or support. Instead of trying to convince people which projects are good and which bad thus causing division of the grassroots support them all and let the people decide on their own.

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 09:17 AM
the website www.Drive4RonPaul.com is up and runnning nmow as well

Oliver
12-24-2007, 09:34 AM
the website www.Drive4RonPaul.com (http://www.Drive4RonPaul.com) is up and runnning nmow as well

I like the idea of Car-Wrapping - or as I was kidding in another thread:
"If Freedom comes to America, it will be wrapped in Ron Paul
Bumper Stickers, carrying hope"

But seriously: You don't reach millions of people with a wrapped car,
so it's another way to promote Ron, but it's not providing many basic
informations about the issues. It's merely mentioning the name, just
like the Blimp.

And I really like both Ideas - my only critique is the so called "cost-
benefit ratio" in terms of getting Ron's name and ideas out to as many
people as possible for the lowest cost per viewer. Car wrapping, for
example, doesn't reach millions at a time.