PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul have heart problems?

Ginobili
12-23-2007, 01:14 PM
The bags under his eyes looked pretty bad on Meet the Press, and my mom is fraid he has heart problems. (Im not sure how she is sure thats a sign, but w/e :P)

Just curious, kinda has me concerned.

Ron Paul Fan
12-23-2007, 01:15 PM
No, he's the healthiest Presidential candidate in the race. He exercises regularly, eats healthy, and is a doctor.

Jobarra
12-23-2007, 01:16 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is if he's getting enough sleep. It also sounded like he has a cold in the first part of the interview, so I'm sure that's not helping.

Ginobili
12-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I my self figgure its just lack of sleep/cold/stress, but just wanted to see the average thought on it

Unspun
12-23-2007, 01:22 PM
lack of sleep/cold/stress

How does the quote go? "It's a tough job running for president, being president is the easy part" It was something like that...

Coola
12-23-2007, 01:25 PM
After the meet the press we were talking to Ron and someone, I forget the guys name (sorry), but he's from RonPaulVA.com, he told him something like "Watch your health Ron!" and Ron responded saying that he keeps healthy or something along the lines. And well he is a physician so I'm sure he keeps healthy as well as his family keeping him healthy.

Mattsa
12-23-2007, 01:31 PM
The bags under his eyes looked pretty bad on Meet the Press, and my mom is fraid he has heart problems. (Im not sure how she is sure thats a sign, but w/e :P)

Just curious, kinda has me concerned.

he must be pretty tired!

Hell! If I was 72, I'd be beat keeping his schedule!

But......

He's never smoked

He like an occasional glass of red wine....which is good for anyone I reckon

He's a keen cyclist

He's not overweight

And I reckon, he's sensible enough to stop if he feels like he's doing himself any harm

hocaltar
12-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Saggy eye-lids are not a sign or symptom of heart problems. Classic signs and symptoms include: swelling in the hands and/or feet, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, difficulty sleeping, nausea, fatigue, the list goes on. Ironically, these same symptoms can be attributed to running for POTUS.

Dr. Paul isn't the only person on these boards who has delivered a few babies. ;)

yongrel
12-23-2007, 01:33 PM
I fully expect Dr Paul to spend the first week of his term asleep. He's got some catching up to do.

Ozwest
12-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Iwas hoping this thread would dissapear off the front page, but now that it's back at the top, I feel I have to comment.

Do you think it is clever to have a thread with this title on the boards? New people are coming to this site due to the MTP interview.

Would you think before you post!

Suzu
12-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Puffiness under the eyes is a sign of water retention. Fluid metabolism is related to the kidneys more than to the heart. Heart trouble is shown by a split and/or swelling and/or discoloration in the tip of the nose (not present on Ron Paul).

I expect what's going on with RP is over-reliance on restaurant food, which is overloaded with sodium and MSG, both of which upset fluid metabolism by making the kidneys too tight.

Joe3113
12-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Puffiness under the eyes is a sign of water retention. Fluid metabolism is related to the kidneys more than to the heart. Heart trouble is shown by a split and/or swelling and/or discoloration in the tip of the nose (not present on Ron Paul).

I expect what's going on with RP is over-reliance on restaurant food, which is overloaded with sodium and MSG, both of which upset fluid metabolism by making the kidneys too tight.

Someone should be cookin' for the man for gods sake!!! I'd be happy to pay for him to have a nice healthy meal morning, noon and night.

Soccrmastr
12-23-2007, 01:47 PM
He rides bikes for miles, you can find the story about it with the Ron Paul Riders guy he rode with Paul for a while. Ron Paul is very active. Bags under eyes.. well, hes 24/7 campaigning!

Question_Authority
12-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Lots of people have bags under their eyes. He is 72 for godssake! He looked no different on this show than on other appearances I have seen.

fj45lvr
12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
well that's the concern of a whole bunch of folks that don't go for pulling the plug on the "nanny statism".... Get a heart Dr. Paul....enable freeloaders and deadbeats to continue not finding a job!!!

Johncjackson
12-23-2007, 01:56 PM
It sounds like someone's been talking to Dondero.

Birdlady
12-23-2007, 01:56 PM

You basically took the words right out of my mouth.

Yes kidney disease/problems is usually what causes bagginess under the eyes and/or a very high sodium intake. :D As you stated restaurant, take out food, processed and packaged stuff.

I used to have them and it was my salt intake. So all those women out there who have bags under your eyes and no cream is working, check how much salt you are ingesting on a daily basis.

I wish Ron could get some good meals when he is out and about, but I know how darn difficult it is in this country!

InRonWeTrust
12-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I would be more worried about McCain dropping dead at any moment.