PDA

View Full Version : Will blimp ever fly in New Hampshire or Iowa?

constitutional
12-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Will the blimp ever fly in New Hampshire or Iowa before their voting date? If no, why not?

Tarzan
12-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Please see this post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=697349&postcount=17

faisal
12-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Well whatever your flight plan is, you are making the news in random places. I was in Las Vegas this weekend and on the local news channel, they showed the Ron Paul Blimp along with Hillary's helicopter. It's quiet incredible how this news gets in the most random places.

speciallyblend
12-23-2007, 05:22 PM
GREAT WORK,but we need paypal and credit cards to donate

faisal
12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
My brother owns a business and says that Google Checkout is currently free to use by businesses, which may be why RonPaulBlimp chose to use it. Paypal on the other hand charges a fee for business owners. This would be a good investment however...

slantedview
12-23-2007, 06:17 PM
GREAT WORK,but we need paypal and credit cards to donate

google checkout uses credit cards. what did you think it used? candy money? paypal puts holds on funds for non-corporations, so there's no point in the blimp guys using it.

OferNave
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
As an NH resident I'm terribly disappointed that I won't get to see the blimp come up here. But I blame the weather, not the blimp crew. They're doing the best they can under the circumstances.

Tarzan
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
As an NH resident I'm terribly disappointed that I won't get to see the blimp come up here. But I blame the weather, not the blimp crew. They're doing the best they can under the circumstances.

We are disappointed too! We really wanted to get the Blimp overhead in New Hampshire to get them thinking and asking more about Ron Paul... then, have the "folks on the ground" take over so RP does really well in the early New Hampshire Primary. We were hoping to get a "snowball effect" (pun intended) started as we head into the other primary states and that New Hampshire would lead the way.

New Hampshire has not been abandoned. We are still with you in spirit and in action. We are trying to arrange for reporters from NH and New England to come down to Florida and get some coverage of the Blimp and the Ron Paul message. We think that the offer of a Blimp ride in "Sunny Florida" might be just the trick to get them to leave Winter in New Hampshire and cover the Ron Paul message. (It would be great if New Hampshire & Iowa were playing each other in one of the bowl games in Florida)

We regret this... but we are still with you.

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/signatureblimp.png (http://RonPaulBlimp.com/)

constitutional
12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
We are disappointed too! We really wanted to get the Blimp overhead in New Hampshire to get them thinking and asking more about Ron Paul... then, have the "folks on the ground" take over so RP does really well in the early New Hampshire Primary. We were hoping to get a "snowball effect" (pun intended) started as we head into the other primary states and that New Hampshire would lead the way.

New Hampshire has not been abandoned. We are still with you in spirit and in action. We are trying to arrange for reporters from NH and New England to come down to Florida and get some coverage of the Blimp and the Ron Paul message. We think that the offer of a Blimp ride in "Sunny Florida" might be just the trick to get them to leave Winter in New Hampshire and cover the Ron Paul message. (It would be great if New Hampshire & Iowa were playing each other in one of the bowl games in Florida)

Well, I'm guessing the blimp crew is just looking for fun in florida... Expect my donations to be on hold until I see this blimp in NH or Iowa. PERIOD.

Sure, weather can cause delays or ground blimp in NH but two-three days of flight time in that state and that'll do.

faisal
12-23-2007, 10:48 PM

I think this was a good idea! If you can arrange for reporters to come however from New Hampshire and Iowa. If we get reporters from those states, then we'll get some coverage in these important states.

mdevour
12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, I'm guessing the blimp crew is just looking for fun in florida... Expect my donations to be on hold until I see this blimp in NH or Iowa. PERIOD.

Well, that's selfish and unfair, Amistad. You're a "senior member" with over 600 posts since October and you haven't heard anything about what these people have been through trying to get the airship north to reach you?

Sure, weather can cause delays or ground blimp in NH but two-three days of flight time in that state and that'll do.

If you can guarantee 2 weeks of solid good weather straddling your NH primary, then you'd have a blimp, I'm sure. That's what it'd take to get it there, fly around 2 or 3 days, and get out before the weather closes in. But if an ice storm or snowfall or high winds catch the blimp outside, it can be destroyed or put out of commission for weeks.

That's not going to be allowed to happen, and I'm damn glad of it!

I live in Michigan, so I'm sure I won't see the blimp in person unless it's next fall during the run-up to the general election.

This project may not get as early a start in influencing our candidate's primary results as we originally wanted, not being able to be in NH or IA, but it soon will show its mettle in SC and FL, where we will need it, too!

For Liberty!

Mike D.

phoenixrising
12-23-2007, 11:55 PM
mahalo!!!!! i've been sending them numerous msgs......do a paypal & i wlll triple my pledge -- not wanting to do a gmail acct.

mdevour
12-24-2007, 12:56 AM
mahalo!!!!! i've been sending them numerous msgs......do a paypal & i wlll triple my pledge -- not wanting to do a gmail acct.

Hi Phoenix,

It's not a gmail account, as far as I can tell. They needed me to set up a username and password for the google checkout system, then give them my regular e-mail address and credit card number, just like any other shopping cart merchant account setup I've ever dealt with.

Except for making up a username and passord for using their checkout, it's the exact information you'd have to give any other system.

There are two checkboxes that let you opt-in or -out of getting e-mails from google or from the blimp company. The blimp one is checked by default, which makes sense, and the google one was un-checked, if I remember right, which is also perfectly appropriate.

I realize that there are concerns and trust issues in play, but I do want you to know they're not asking for more info than you'd have to give paypal or other systems, nor are you creating a gmail account as far as I can see!

Peace,

Mike D.