PDA

View Full Version : How does Dr. Paul not have ROCK SOLID numbers regarding the IRS!?

wfd40
12-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Seriously HQ.. get your stuff together.

That was seriously inexcusable IMHO.

(apologies for the rant, but come the heck on... that question should be knocked out of the park every single time its asked.. It ISN'T AUGUST ANYMORE)

literatim
12-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Why in the world did you make a new thread?

wfd40
12-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Why in the world did you make a new post?

Because this has been an issue since AUGUST (re: early debates) and the fact that he can't just sit there and roll off facts like they were simple nursery rhymes is inexcusable at this point in time.

To think otherwise, IMO, is actually doing a disservice to the good Dr. It's not his job at this point.. its Staff's job.

Corydoras
12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah.
:(
Ron Paul is such a political philosopher that I think sometimes he doesn't realize that displaying a mastery of the numbers is itself a political rhetorical feat that conveys pwning one's opponents. He probably dismisses it as sheer bravado... which it is... but politics requires bravado.

I disagree that this is the staff's fault. This is the man himself. Oh, well.
:o

asmartchimp
12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing :confused:

dircha
12-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Also, he needs to specify whether he is talking about all income tax or just the personal income tax.

It makes a big difference as to whether or not the numbers work out as he says.

wfd40
12-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Also, he needs to specify whether he is talking about all income tax or just the personal income tax.

It makes a big difference as to whether or not the numbers work out as he says.

srsly..

I'm almost compelled to dig up an old post i made on facebook some months ago.. This is not some 'out of the clear blue' question... He knows exactly what it will be and exactly how it will be framed.

And you're telling me that in well over 6 months (heck, the last 4 years) he can't list off without even batting an eye, ROCK SOLID NUMBERS supporting his case for no income tax??

Please.

OptionsTrader
12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
not grassroots.

DealzOnWheelz
12-23-2007, 11:36 AM
numbers don't lie

thats my philosophy and if you can rattle off numbers generally you wil stun people

but the other problem with numbers don't lie is the fact that there are alot of numbers that just don't match up so by him using exact numbers it opens him up to attack if the numbers are skewed

just look at ron paul graphs the donation spike today came directly following the mtp interview

synthetic
12-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Seriously HQ.. get your stuff together.

That was seriously inexcusable IMHO.

(apologies for the rant, but come the heck on... that question should be knocked out of the park every single time its asked.. It ISN'T AUGUST ANYMORE)

Its not an issue to "knock out of the park". If anything its a trivia question that isn't all that important. The real issue is the unconstitutional tax we put up with and putting an end to it. I think you're missing the big picture, or may be I am. I just don't care if Ron knows the exact number or not.

wfd40
12-23-2007, 11:42 AM
not grassroots.

Well, where's the "HEY HQ, GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER NOW" forum then?

;)

homah
12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Its not an issue to "knock out of the park". If anything its a trivia question that isn't all that important. The real issue is the unconstitutional tax we put up with and putting an end to it. I think you're missing the big picture, or may be I am. I just don't care if Ron knows the exact number or not.

I'm not convinced what he's proposing is doable until I see some cold, hard numbers. I think there are a number of people in the same boat, and while he has my vote either way, it may be a deal-breaker for some people who might see his ideas as purely theoretical.

fuzzybekool
12-23-2007, 12:04 PM
With all due respect. We all support Dr. Paul's position on the IRS. I agree however, Dr. Paul needs to have numbers ready to counter hit-job reporters like Tim Russert. They don't have to be 100% accurate, but at least have something ready.

On the fence American voters will be swayed by whack jobs like Romney and Huckabee just cause they can support their unconstitutional policies with crazy facts and figures.

"Tim, we can eliminate the IRS and replace it with nothing. As far as where we would get the 1 trillion dollars to offset its elimination, we would make dramatic savings just by changing our foreign policy. By bringing our troops home from Korea, Europe, Japan and Iraq, and closing our 300 bases we have scattered around the world, we can save 500 billion dollars right there. Because Americans will no longer have an unconstitutional IRS taking their hard earned money, The economy will be strengthened immediately as Americans will have more freedom to do what they wish with the fruits of their labor. We can then look at balancing the National budget. Decreasing our National debt. Eliminating inflation through the phasing out of the National Reserve Bank, and looking at wasteful spending not mandated by the Constitution. It won't be easy but it must be done. We are in a recession. The American People know it. The leading economists know it. I know it. It seems the only people who don't know it is the President, the Congress, and the Democratic candidates for President.

Bryan
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, where's the "HEY HQ, GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER NOW" forum then?

;)

The Campaign Suggestion Box:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212 :)

JJR
12-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I think when Dr. Paul says we need to end the income tax, fix the deficit, and set aside money for social security he loses credibility because you cannot do all three.

The deficit is like 300 billion. Social security needs atleast 250 billion and that doesn't include if you let young people stop paying SS tax. Those two are doable if you end the war in Iraq, cut military spending and end the department of education. But you couldn't do those and get ride of the income tax because that needs another 950 billion dollars.

He should change his pitch to something like, fix the deficit, set aside money for social security and work towards ending the income tax, explaining that he won't be able to do it during his administration.

He should go the government accounting office, or the congressional budget office and get hard numbers for his proposals.

I was watching meet the press with an undecided voter (my mother) and she said Paul looked bad because he couldn't come up with any hard numbers.