PDA

View Full Version : An undecided voter's suggestion

yongrel
12-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I watched MTP this morning with an undecided voter who watches it regularly. Her reaction was positive overall, but she had one suggestion.

"Ron Paul's popular on the internet, right? Well, then he should have his own interview. He should set up something where people submit youtube questions, like for that debate, and then Ron Paul answers them with another video."

Her reason for this suggestion:
"Tim Russert didn't ask the right questions. He didn't ask about anything I care about. I want to see actual voters asking about what matters to them."

So obviously this is just spitballing, but what do y'all think? Could RP do a Q&A on youtube?

JuniorNJ
12-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Ask Mitt Anything! Oh jeez...wrong candidate. My bad. We all know how well that worked out for ole Willard. :)

But ABSOLUTELY. I think it would almost be DVD worthy for any/all undedicated voters we come into contact with every day. What do others think?

d991
12-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I watched MTP this morning with an undecided voter who watches it regularly. Her reaction was positive overall, but she had one suggestion.

"Ron Paul's popular on the internet, right? Well, then he should have his own interview. He should set up something where people submit youtube questions, like for that debate, and then Ron Paul answers them with another video."

Her reason for this suggestion:
"Tim Russert didn't ask the right questions. He didn't ask about anything I care about. I want to see actual voters asking about what matters to them."

So obviously this is just spitballing, but what do y'all think? Could RP do a Q&A on youtube?

I think the user CitizenTube on YouTube had a Q&A session with Ron Paul and his answers were posted on YouTube, but I think an ongoing series of videos where Ron Paul responds to YouTube users (similar to the YouTube debates but of course much more fair) would be a great idea. It wouldn't be very hard to set up and would not take much of Dr. Paul's time. I mean he could even answer the questions during travel time...unless he needs to sleep of course. I worry that he's not getting enough sleep on the campaign trail!!

Dieseler
12-23-2007, 11:14 AM
That would make an awesome youtube.
Very good idea, and would be a heck of a lot less taxing on Dr. Paul as well.

deedles
12-23-2007, 11:17 AM
That is an excellent idea... HQ should hear this and make it happen

firebirdnation
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I think this is a great idea, lets see if we can make it a reality.

yongrel
12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
bump

shadow26
12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
bump

I agree...excellent idea.

boondoggle
12-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I like the idea. :)

rasheedwallace
12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Ask Mitt Anything! Oh jeez...wrong candidate. My bad. We all know how well that worked out for ole Willard. :)

:D

Leslie Webb
12-23-2007, 12:05 PM
In early primary states, this would be a good way to get attention. Advertise widely to undecided voters that Ron Paul will answer their YouTube questions. Or, buy time on a major station, have voters send in their YouTube questions like in the CNN debate, and Ron Paul answers them on the air.

pacelli
12-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Great idea! Please let us know how Campaign HQ responds.

RlxdN10sity
12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
This is an excellent concept. My first thoughts on reading it though; We could organise our own actual online debate. We should set up a website and solicit youtube questions to all of the Republican candidates. We should be reasonably willing to cooridinate with other campaigns in setting up a panel to select which questions for each candidate will be selected. Each candidate that is willing to participate will have to set aside time to answer the questions as they are asked in an unscripted fashion, on streaming video camera with audio that is fed directly to us, and to others if they wish, and then all the Q&A videos will be linked on the debate site "The Real YouTube Debate.com" (someone should go register this domain) It seems the only issue to me so far is how to fairly select which videos will be shown as questions to each candidate without:
A - seeming to be biased in video selection
B - candidates being prepared with scripted answers if through cooperation with other camps. in the video selection process they are made aware of what questions will be asked of them.
We could also allow for candidates to respond to video answers from other candidates in which they are addressed. This could truly be the awesome, real debate we have all been bit$#ng about not having.