PDA

View Full Version : Boston/NH TV Station Only Showed 1/2 of Meet the Press

Geronimo
12-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I checked my local listings (using tv guide online and msnbc's site) both said that Meet the Press started at 10:30et. I tuned in at 10:30 and the screen went black for about 45 to 60 seconds. The tv station put their logo (WHDH Boston) up on the screen for another 30 seconds, and then they cut right to the show. I was kind of bummed to have missed the few opening minutes of the show, but I was even more disappointed when the show finished up at 11am. By the time I started watching, there were already more than 5,000 posts in the "Official Meet the Press Thread". When I checked out the last page of the thread people were already rating the interview, giving me the impression that it was already over.

This is the second time in a week where my local listings have been inaccurate. My listings said that the Glenn Beck show started at 8pm on Tuesday. And the same thing happened. I went to my myspace at 7:30 and someone (from Texas) posts that "Ron Paul is on Glenn Beck now!" ..I tuned in only to discover that the show began at 7pm eastern time and not at 8pm.

What I'm wondering is where do you live, and what time did Meet the Press start for you this morning?

Did anyone else out there (especially in the north east) miss half of the show?
I'm wondering if it was just WHDH of if any other NBC affiliates did the same thing.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Geronimo1918/tvguide2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Geronimo1918/msnbclistings.jpg

Geronimo
12-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Am I the only one angered by this?

Stoli
12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Started for me a 10:00 am wjar providence RI

Dave Wood
12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Am I the only one angered by this?

NO!!! I am just lacking words:mad::mad::mad::mad:

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Geronimo,

Is there any chance that your listing was wrong and you tuned in late?

synthetic
12-23-2007, 11:22 AM
The show started at 10:30 and ended at 11:30. Whats the problem?

nlke182
12-23-2007, 11:23 AM
The CIA is messing with show information on the TV guide website to make sure people don't know when they can catch Ron Paul on TV in your area. *puts back on tinfoil hat after amazing speech*

LizF
12-23-2007, 11:43 AM
I checked my local listings (using tv guide online and msnbc's site) both said that Meet the Press started at 10:30et. I tuned in at 10:30 and the screen went black for about 45 to 60 seconds. The tv station put their logo (WHDH Boston) up on the screen for another 30 seconds, and then they cut right to the show. I was kind of bummed to have missed the few opening minutes of the show, but I was even more disappointed when the show finished up at 11am. By the time I started watching, there were already more than 5,000 posts in the "Official Meet the Press Thread". When I checked out the last page of the thread people were already rating the interview, giving me the impression that it was already over.

This is the second time in a week where my local listings have been inaccurate. My listings said that the Glenn Beck show started at 8pm on Tuesday. And the same thing happened. I went to my myspace at 7:30 and someone (from Texas) posts that "Ron Paul is on Glenn Beck now!" ..I tuned in only to discover that the show began at 7pm eastern time and not at 8pm.

What I'm wondering is where do you live, and what time did Meet the Press start for you this morning?

Did anyone else out there (especially in the north east) miss half of the show?
I'm wondering if it was just WHDH of if any other NBC affiliates did the same thing.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Geronimo1918/tvguide2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Geronimo1918/msnbclistings.jpg

I'm in southern NH, so I watched it on the same station (Ch. 7 WHDH).

Like you, I was disappointed that they didn't show the 1st ~2 minutes of the program ==> the screen was black/there was dead air for a few minutes when I turned in early (around 10:27am), so the station folks probably decided to air all the commercials in rapid succession they were supposed to air, making up for the time deficit by cutting into the scheduled programming of the next half hour (MTP).
:( :mad:

However, I was able to watch the second part of the program (roundtable) with no problem.

Did you watch on cable or satellite dish? Maybe there was a problem with your cable provider (mine is Comcast, FWIW) or weather issues?

Mark
12-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Started for me a 10:00 am wjar providence RI

Same.

There was even odd music that sounded "Middle Eastern" playing quietly in the background
during one of Ron's answers near the start of the first commercial., plus some other signal "issues."

Did anyone else have that happen. Like someone was trying to interrupt the feed?

Mark
12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
The CIA is messing with show information on the TV guide website to make sure people don't know when they can catch Ron Paul on TV in your area. *puts back on tinfoil hat after amazing speech*

Tin foil my ears. I had interference here in Raleigh NC. Time-Warner Cable

Peppy690
12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
i was fine in texas lol....something definitely sounds fishy though

Geronimo
12-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Geronimo,

Is there any chance that your listing was wrong and you tuned in late?

My tv guide said 10:30 and msnbc's site said 10:30. Tivo's listings said 10:30. The local newspaper listing said it was on at 10:30

I'm in southern NH, so I watched it on the same station (Ch. 7 WHDH).

Like you, I was disappointed that they didn't show the 1st ~2 minutes of the program ==> the screen was black/there was dead air for a few minutes when I turned in early (around 10:27am), so the station folks probably decided to air all the commercials in rapid succession they were supposed to air, making up for the time deficit by cutting into the scheduled programming of the next half hour (MTP).
:( :mad:

However, I was able to watch the second part of the program (roundtable) with no problem.

Did you watch on cable or satellite dish? Maybe there was a problem with your cable provider (mine is Comcast, FWIW) or weather issues?

I started watching channel 7 news at 9:30, and they ran all the way to 10:30 without any more than the usual amount of commercials.

I had no idea that Roundtable was on afterwards, so I missed on on that (youtube anyone?)

I don't have a satellite dish. I use Comcast as well.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Same.

There was even odd music that sounded "Middle Eastern" playing quietly in the background
during one of Ron's answers near the start of the first commercial., plus some other signal "issues."

Did anyone else have that happen. Like someone was trying to interrupt the feed?

No. I live in Texas and it played just fine.

boondoggle

. . . Don't let 'em know we're catchin' on . . .

LibertyEagle

Oh puhleeese.:rolleyes:

bbachtung
12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
It'll reair at 6 p.m. EST on MSNBC, then again at 2 a.m. EST also on MSNBC.

Geronimo
12-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh puhleeese.:rolleyes:

You have to admit that it's kind of ironic that my all of my local listings were fudged for Glenn Beck and Meet the Press.

(and then you have to take my signature into consideration)

mwkaufman
12-23-2007, 12:03 PM
There was black air and it cut into the show at the 1:54 second mark. Mistakes happen sometimes. (I was watching on same network.)

Sandy
12-23-2007, 12:08 PM
You have to admit that it's kind of ironic that my all of my local listings were fudged for Glenn Beck and Meet the Press.

Bingo, anything is possible with these goons. And in THE early primary state. RP is a huge threat, and that intro was GREAT!! It was blacked out. That would impress many people and make their ears stand up and take major notice.

Don't put anything past the CFR controlled CIA.

Geronimo
There was black air and it cut into the show at the 1:54 second mark. Mistakes happen sometimes. (I was watching on same network.)

How do you account for the missing half hour of the show?

Anti Federalist
Hmmmmm...

Sandy
12-23-2007, 12:10 PM

RP on Glenn Beck is being aired again tonight at 7 and 9 pm Eastern, saw it advertised yesterday, FYI.

Mark
12-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Well, it's not like the CIA does anything nefarious like instigate the overthrow of Democratically elected governments in Iran in 1953.

They don't play fair.

And there will come a time, when everyone involved won't be in the seat of power.

I know Someone who WILL be then. And He doesn't appreciate what they do. And He will repay. Vengeance will be His. CIA ect mark my WORDS!!! :mad:

Nothlit
12-23-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www1.whdh.com/sched/programming/20071223/ shows Meet the Press scheduled for 10:30-11:30 on WHDH. It airs at different times in different cities. Here in Atlanta, it was 10:00-11:00 on WXIA. Some cities air it at 9 AM. Not a big deal. Ron Paul was only featured for the first half hour. The second half hour was a waste-of-time roundtable discussing the latest poll numbers and the Christmas ads. RP was barely even mentioned during that portion of the show. You really didn't miss anything important if all you saw was RP's 30 minutes.

parocks
12-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Same.

It's started:)

I worked on campaigns in Boston in the early 90's - and things can get pretty weird tv-wise.

That's the beginning of "then they fight you"

You'll be watching something and it will make so rational sense at all. It will be disturbing. I think I recall disembodied electronic voices. Also, listen for weird stuff on the radio. It goes on there too.

Tape everything.

Geronimo
12-23-2007, 03:56 PM

I worked on campaigns in Boston in the early 90's - and things can get pretty weird tv-wise.

You'll be watching something and it will make so rational sense at all. It will be disturbing. I think I recall disembodied electronic voices. Also, listen for weird stuff on the radio. It goes on there too.

Tape everything.

Kind of like the woman's voice that was bleeding through the audio when Ron Paul schooled Bernanke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwvlDJgJbM

Hook
12-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Tape everything.

What the hell are you talking about?:confused:

Geronimo
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
What the hell are you talking about?:confused:

I believe he's referring to the tendency that some broadcasters have to let audio bleed through, so as to distract the listener from what's being said.

Mark
12-24-2007, 12:04 AM

Tape everything.

Seriously, it's been reported the Military has been working on technology that people can hear in their head,
just like a thought. It sounds just like you're hearing a voice. Because you are.
The voice of the person speaking into a microphone connected to the apparatus.

It's been functional for years now. To combat it one just has to realize the difference
between one's own thoughts and the voice of whoever is operating the equipment.

Basically, if you hear a strange voice in your head telling you to do something stupid,
tell them to: {select your own colloquialism}.

Geronimo
12-24-2007, 12:08 AM
After watching the youtubes, it seems that they did play most of the show.

I thought it was supposed to be an hour long interview, and I assumed that I caught the last half.

My mistake.

Corydoras
12-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I tuned in at 10:30 and the screen went black for about 45 to 60 seconds. The tv station put their logo (WHDH Boston) up on the screen for another 30 seconds, and then they cut right to the show.

My friend into the industry looked into this and says this was due to a satellite glitch.
I have no further details.

adwads
12-25-2007, 06:13 PM
The RP segment was only 1/2 an hour

Geronimo
12-25-2007, 06:23 PM
The RP segment was only 1/2 an hour

After watching the youtubes, it seems that they did play most of the show.

I thought it was supposed to be an hour long interview, and I assumed that I caught the last half.

My mistake.

Case closed as of yesterday.

Thanks anyway.

Corydoras
12-25-2007, 07:32 PM
I meant about the blackout being a satellite problem, not about the interview being half an hour. Glad it's cleared up anyway.