PDA

View Full Version : Ron raised 3 M.D.'s. Huckabee raises a dog killer. Any quesitons?

crasster
12-23-2007, 10:05 AM
You will know them by their fruits.

This should be a very good tool used for people who like Paul, but also like Huck's charisma.

I think it says a lot myself. No in fact, I think it's a VERY big point. How about you?

Ethek
12-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Sigh, I don't like bringing this up. However, I will say that Huckabee is the one setting himself up for this. When he puts on his preacher pants to tell others how to live. Thats when Hucks life opens itself to scrutiny. Emotional bonding/Family life/Morals, all of that is instilled from example. It all combines to raise a healthy productive adult. Huck's son seems to have some definite issues.

I don't know enough about his son to think if thats a reflection on Huck but it underscores the point that Huck should not be held as the moral standard bearer for forcing policy based on his interpretation of christian values.

Just a note: I am a Christian who thinks the church is a place for like minded individuals to build a relationship as encouraged by the bible. Not to get preached at.

Corydoras
12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
What's Huckabee's son doing these days, anyway?

yongrel
12-23-2007, 11:52 AM

Running a dog fighting ring

allyinoh
12-23-2007, 11:52 AM

Working at a dog shelter perhaps? ;)

dircha
12-23-2007, 11:54 AM
The Bible tells us that a man who can not raise a Godly family can not be fit to lead a people.

Mike Huckabee's son was convicted of hanging a stray dog from a tree and brutally beating and torturing it to death. This vile, sadistic act against a defenseless creature would make even a serial killer cringe.

But that didn't stop Huckabee.

And it didn't stop Huckabee from trying to carry a gun into an airport last April.

What does the Bible say about Mike Huckabee?

The people of Arkansas know first hand what Mike Huckabee has in store for America, and they are speaking out. Tell your neighbor what kind of man Mike Huckabee really is, before it's too late.

dircha
12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
You will know them by their fruits.

This should be a very good tool used for people who like Paul, but also like Huck's charisma.

I think it says a lot myself. No in fact, I think it's a VERY big point. How about you?

Amen.

Jobarra
12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't hold it against Huckabee that his son is messed up. My problem is that Huckabee actively tried to suppress this using his government powers. I try not to associate candidate's relatives with the candidates, but when the candidate is also doing something unethical in relation to that, he is in the doghouse... so to speak.

synthetic
12-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Post this crap somewhere else.

dircha
12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't hold it against Huckabee that his son is messed up. My problem is that Huckabee actively tried to suppress this using his government powers. I try not to associate candidate's relatives with the candidates, but when the candidate is also doing something unethical in relation to that, he is in the doghouse... so to speak.

Doesn't the behavior and upbringing of the son say something about the character and judgment of the father?

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

bgky4paul
12-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Mike Huckabee's son was convicted of hanging a stray dog from a tree and brutally beating and torturing it to death.

Actually, I don't believe he was ever charged with a crime in connection with this. The former Arkansas State Police chief has stated that Huckabee pressed law enforcement not to investigate this case. It is Huckabee's alleged reaction to his son's actions that makes this issue relevant.

dircha
12-23-2007, 12:02 PM
As governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee raised taxes more than than Bill Clinton himself.

Mike Huckabee even wants to make smoking a federal crime.

America can not afford another governor of Arkansas as president.

Johncjackson
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Speaking from a reality based perspective and my experience as a son, brother, father, and husband- Children often turn out the way they do in spite of what kind of parents raised them. My aunts and uncles all turned out different, my siblings and I, and my children will growup to be their own individuals as well. My best friend probably comes from the best family I know and his parents raised them well. Yet half of his siblings are criminals.

Huckabee may or may not be a good father.

However, it is his POLICY failures that matter the most, not his personal ones. He has plenty of failures as a Governor without even needing to get into his personal ones. The same goes for Giuliani when people want to go all nutjob on his crossdressing and the fact that he actually knew homosexuals without attempting to stone them to death.