PDA

View Full Version : Meet the press - comment

crasster
12-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I think Ron did very well.

No, he did not know the specific numbers, and frankly neither did Russert. He asked Paul how much the income tax revenue was. Then he quoted Paul "1 trillion".
Paul may have taken this question literally, so he did not quote the exact number. But I assure you, the income tax is not EXACTLY 1 trillion.
His question was specific, "How much" not "about how much".
Same with the troops over seas. Paul may have taken the question literally.

As far as the earmark question, I think Ron did very well. He said the "government steals this from my district, so I tried to get it back". I don't see what is so confusing about it. No hand in the cookie jar there. Ron basically said "The whole system is corrupt and that is what I want to change so people won't put in earmarks to get their stolen money back".

I think it was a pretty positive interview, 7 out of 10 for the media, but a TRUE 10 out of 10 for MTP. Russert GRILLS people, it's his job and is known for it.

Think of the dirt he tried to pull on Ron. All back in 1988, 1987 from newspapers.. HAHA.. (most that Paul refuted) Mitt downright LIED on his show about his dad marching with Martin Luther King. OUTRIGHT LIED!!!!! Right there on national TV! Everybody knows it's a lie. Mitt is a goner after that.

There were no questions of the failing dollar or the economy in general. No questions on our National Debt. Of course, these are the most important issues for our country. Tim was 100% negative the whole time.

Hopefully he'll grill the Huckster on his dog torturing son, and bring up the fact that Ron Paul raised 3 M.D.'s

Kingfisher
12-23-2007, 09:52 AM
QUOTE:.......December 23, 2007
A+++
Posted by James Ostrowski at December 23, 2007 08:34 AM

Since I'm a college professor now (con law), I can give Ron Paul a big A+++ for his masterful performance on Meet the Press.

He made Tim look silly more than once.

Tim, it's constitutional to amend the constitution. You're an attorney and you should know that.

whutaboutbob
12-23-2007, 09:53 AM
you should make a new post about it, god knows there isn't already one with 20 pages..

lol

:D

anarchy
12-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I loved the interview. Russert is pure evil look at his eyes..

Swmorgan77
12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
That was so transparently a hatchet job. Keep it up, Russert, you're just showing the people who you are.

I'm glad he got the line in about the title of the documentary "Freedom to Fascism".

Tenbatsu
12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
This interview finally brought my dad into the Ron Paul camp.

He said it was the first time that he had seen a MTP interview where the politician actually answered the questions.

MsDoodahs
12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Hopefully he'll grill the Huckster on his dog torturing son, and bring up the fact that Ron Paul raised 3 M.D.'s

I don't think Tim will be hard on Huck because I believe Tim is a liberal democrat and wants a Huck nomination because Huck is such an easy candidate for the dems to defeat.

JMO...

literatim
12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Attacking earmarks is what faux conservatives do instead of attacking the actual problem. Earmarks are just a symptom.

MsDoodahs
12-23-2007, 10:03 AM

He said it was the first time that he had seen a MTP interview where the politician actually answered the questions.

YAY! That's what I like to hear! er.... read! :)

fuzzybekool
12-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Russert had nothing on Ron Paul except statements from 20 years ago. Way to go RON !

Ron Paul Fan
12-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I rate his performance a 10/10. Ron Paul couldn't have done any better considering the enviornment.

firebirdnation
12-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Ron Paul did an excellent job, and if that is all the dirt they can dig up on him, he is in a very good position.

Question_Authority
12-23-2007, 10:10 AM
To be fair to Russert, he raked Giuliani and Romney over the coals too. I am GLAD he was tough on Paul. Why shouldn't he be?? I don't want Paul to be coddled, just handled fairly and in same way he deals with the other candidates. Paul handled it wonderfully!

I love it at the end when he said "Do you ask all the other candidates if they are going to run 3rd party?" YEAH! Wooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!

I LOVE THIS MAN!

stevedasbach
12-23-2007, 10:14 AM
That was so transparently a hatchet job. Keep it up, Russert, you're just showing the people who you are.

I'm glad he got the line in about the title of the documentary "Freedom to Fascism".

I watch MTP every week. This wasn't a hatchet job -- this is how Russert grills every candidate.

forsmant
12-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Earmarks are just a way to get your taxes back. Like an exemption on the income tax. Russert did not seem to understand. I get most of my taxes back because of my two children. I received local state welfare in order to get some of my money back. If the government steals from you, there is an incentive to try and get it back.

ronpaulyourmom
12-23-2007, 10:17 AM
For the record, the Income Tax last year was 1.1 trillion, 45% of all federal revenues.

JaylieWoW
12-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I've only seen part one on youtube so far but my favorite was this:

If you stick your foot in a snake pit, whose fault is it if you get bit? You for sticking your foot in the snake pit or the snakes for biting you?

If parts 2-4 are anything like part 1, he did a great job!!

hcbrand
12-23-2007, 10:22 AM
The best line was definitely, "Tim, it's constitutional to ammend the constitution."

As my interpretation was, "Tim, you are a dork."

boondoggle
12-23-2007, 10:39 AM

Awesome! That's encouraging. :)

Mark37snj
12-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Everybody be sure to thank the good doctor for OUR Christmas present he just gave us. :D I can tell you this, I now have a lot more Christmas spirit because of this interview, I am in such a good mood now!!!!!!!!!!