PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Press - Tell me how it went

0zzy
12-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Just give the the positives, negatives, and the "eh"s. What do you think will make the headlines? Did Russert give him enough time? What went on?

RPatTheBeach
12-23-2007, 09:11 AM
This thread will answer all your questions: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=63917

Rex
12-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Again they tried to trip up Ron with obscure quotes that they took as fact from newspaper journalists. But again Paul whipped up on their ignorance/stupidity

rooteroa
12-23-2007, 09:14 AM
not good so far

RPFTW!
12-23-2007, 09:16 AM
rate the interview on a scale of 1-10 plz

jeff_from_VA
12-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I think it went badly, but in the other thread there are many who thought it went great. Tim was fairly brutal and owned RP on earmarks.

rooteroa
12-23-2007, 09:18 AM
He's nailing him with inaccurate reports so far.

KCIndy
12-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Rather than address pertinent issues of today, Russert is digging up 20 year old quotes FROM OTHER JOURNALISTS about Paul, and forcing Paul to defend himself on issues like civil rights. I'm PO'ed about the fact that these quotes aren't even from RP himself - just what other journalists wrote about him.

Driftar
12-23-2007, 09:29 AM
I think it went badly, but in the other thread there are many who thought it went great. Tim was fairly brutal and owned RP on earmarks.

I think it went well, and you seem to be going out of your way to point out this earmark issue man.

drain
12-23-2007, 09:44 AM
jeff you couldn't be further from the truth.. interview went great. Tim got grilled. Tim couldn't touch ron on earmarks.

rooteroa
12-23-2007, 09:46 AM
jeff you couldn't be further from the truth.. interview went great. Tim got grilled. Tim couldn't touch ron on earmarks.

You guys need to stop looking at everything so biased. The interview went MEDIOCRE at best. I was watching it with undecided Republican voters and nobody was impressed. These types of appearances simply aren't the best type for Paul.

Dustancostine
12-23-2007, 09:46 AM
The problem with the earmark issue, is that the earmarks are set after spending has been determined. If RP didn't earmark that money for his district it would go to another district or would become discretionary spending for the executive branch.

--Dustan

sergeant_x
12-23-2007, 10:25 AM
...These types of appearances simply aren't the best type for Paul.

True enough, but that's why we're saying he did fine. It's his writing and his ideas that draw people to the cause, not his eloquence on the campaign trail. Russert asked tough questions, even if they were a bit superficial, and Dr. Paul remained upbeat and positive in his responses. I'm calling it a win. Still a long way to go though.

Ron Paul Fan
12-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Positive- Everything.

Negative- Nothing

Paul did awesome. Those who criticize him don't understand the issues or the corrupt government system.

Swmorgan77
12-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Just give the the positives, negatives, and the "eh"s. What do you think will make the headlines? Did Russert give him enough time? What went on?

It was the most transparent hatchet job I have seen in an interview. Russert was point-by-point raising every obscure, discretited smear attack against Dr. Paul and half the time not even letting him respond before moving to the next.

Dr. Paul handled it very well, kept his cool and got in some stinging responses, including a mention of the film "Freedom to Fascism" by name.

BucksforPaul
12-23-2007, 10:32 AM
rate the interview on a scale of 1-10 plz

9 out of 10 and considering it was Russert who has destroyed some other politicians already thats pretty good