PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to Meet the Press from Non-RP supporters?

Trassin
12-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Did anyone happen to watch it with someone who wasn't already a RP supporter? What did they think of the interview?

hellah10
12-23-2007, 09:02 AM
i dont think youd wanna show this interview to those who are on the fence... RP did his best, but classic Russert... he grilled him

Trassin
12-23-2007, 09:22 AM
bump

rooteroa
12-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Not good.

Gorgy
12-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Some people on the dailypaul site said their non-supportive family was impressed by the interview. Whether those sentiments are genuine or efforts to keep morale up, I can't say. However, it is possible they are true.

Trassin
12-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Not good.

Did you watch it with someone or are you just stating your opinion?

rooteroa
12-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Did you watch it with someone or are you just stating your opinion?

Parents watched it. Didn't seem impressed. For a non supporter I think he came across a bit defensive because of the inaccuracies Russert was nailing him with. Oh well, there's still a lot of time. His stances were still good on the issues.

matratzac
12-23-2007, 09:38 AM
yea it seemed each quote russert gave him he would say "well thats a misquote/you are taking that out of context" etc. but thats not pauls fault

JoshLowry
12-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Aunt thinks he is a bit too much for the Republican party. She agrees that the constitution shouldn't be "radical".

Grandma liked a few of his zingers. "Stepping in the snake pit, snakes will bite"

timmy616
12-23-2007, 09:40 AM
I thought it went fine, definately piques peoples interest to learn more. My wife, who is still somewhat undecided said the drug issue made her a little uneasy, otherwise very good interview. Russert is tough, if that is the most garbage he can drudge up I don't think there is to much to worry about.

wfd40
12-23-2007, 09:42 AM
very slow start... but once he composed himself... the people around me were quite impressed.

Thought he was "rather charming"

weatherbill
12-23-2007, 09:43 AM
THAT SOB TIM RUSSERT! What an asshole insider!

Notice right after, the the Sponsor was GE????

Dr Paul did great though becasue Tim Ru$$ert thru some really tough things at him and Dr Paul had to be on his gane big. Dr Paul did fabulous. The average thinking american saw right thru it. The average non thinkign american, who usually doesn't vote until the general election would have questioned Ron Paul and his policies..........

Man, I hope Ron Paul is our next president. I will move to DC just to smear it in Russert's and Steppanopolis' face!

krott5333
12-23-2007, 09:47 AM
THAT SOB TIM RUSSERT! What an asshole insider!

Notice right after, the the Sponsor was GE????

Dr Paul did great though becasue Tim Ru$$ert thru some really tough things at him and Dr Paul had to be on his gane big. Dr Paul did fabulous. The average thinking american saw right thru it. The average non thinkign american, who usually doesn't vote until the general election would have questioned Ron Paul and his policies..........

Man, I hope Ron Paul is our next president. I will move to DC just to smear it in Russert's and Steppanopolis' face!

:rolleyes:

its apparent you've never even watched this show before.

Russert was tough, but fair.

literatim
12-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Dude, it was Tim Russert. He is indiscriminate when he attempts to drill a candidate.

newbitech
12-23-2007, 09:52 AM
I got a couple phone calls from people I am trying to convert. They wanted to remind me that he was on.

I think its great he was on for the simple fact that he gets the exposure. I did not have to ask anyone what they thought because that is their own opinion they will form.

I simply replied, "oh yeah? I heard that he was finally starting to get some recognition by the MAINSTREAM MEDIA. I am glad you got to hear him answer question for himself! Thanks for letting me know! Thats what this revolution is all about! Keep spreading the word!"

So thats it. I haven't even watched it yet cause I just woke up, but it is already having a + impact for people I know.