PDA

View Full Version : McCain to drop in 72 hours?

cujothekitten
07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
In keeping with the general theme of the day, wherein once-promising endeavors go belly-up, Wonkette is reporting that John McCain is going to drop out of the White House race within the next 72 hours. This is news to McCain 2008 spokesman Matt David, who laughs off the rumors, telling Radar "that's just not happening." Tick ... tick ... tick ...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/07/mccain-not-ready-to-throw-in-towel.php
http://wonkette.com/politics/dept%27-of-irresponsible-rumormongering/straight-talk-express-to-drive-off-metaphorical-cliff-burst-into-real-flames-276434.php
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/09/fred-set-to-pick-up-mccains-castoffs/

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 05:36 PM
He'll get eaten by fat bastard, I mean Fred.

MozoVote
07-09-2007, 08:30 PM
McCain has what - 7 paid staffers in Iowa? I know RP has a lot of work cut out for him too, but that sounds like no organization to me.

New Hampshire is fertile ground for Ron Paul, and McCain may not be able succeed there either. South Carolina wasn't too kind to McCain in 2000. I have never heard anything about his organization in Florida...

I am having a harder and harder time figuring out where he is going to "launch" with a win.

Wyurm
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
1) has Hot Air always called their comment section "Blowback"?

2) I'm sorry, anything that originates on Wonkette is incapable of being believed by me no matter what. I would need a less disturbing source to really believe this. (Not saying it isnt true, its just I refuse to believe anything from Wonkette esp after their RP pieces)

Akus
07-09-2007, 08:59 PM
good, the more of the "waste" srops out the more room there is for Ron.

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 09:06 PM
We want him in through NH to help divide the pro-war opposition vote, me thinks.

PatriotOne
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
We want him in through NH to help divide the pro-war opposition vote, me thinks.

That's what I was thinking also.

It will be very interesting to see what happens to McCains voter's after he drops. Were they attracted to him for his claims of wanting to reduce Government spending or his stance on the war or were they attracted to him for some emotional reason such as he was Veteran and POW.

If it was his strong, yet rather ironic now, stance on reducing Government spending then perhaps they will be attracted to Ron now. If it is because he was a vet, Ron served in the military...no one else in the GOP did. If it is because of his war platform, well, hopefully they will take a moment to step back and take a look at the big picture.

MozoVote
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Even Arizona is not as friendly to McCain as it once was. Voters there feel like he has not spent enough time on their own state's issues. And then there's the whole immigration bill thing...

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
It will be very interesting to see what happens to McCains voter's after he drops. Were they attracted to him for his claims of wanting to reduce Government spending or his stance on the war or were they attracted to him for some emotional reason such as he was Veteran and POW.

If it was his strong, yet rather ironic now, stance on reducing Government spending then perhaps they will be attracted to Ron now. If it is because he was a vet, Ron served in the military...no one else in the GOP did. If it is because of his war platform, well, hopefully they will take a moment to step back and take a look at the big picture.

I'm hoping they were attracked to his "maverick" fiscally conservative image opposing Bush and special interests and will flock to us! :)

ronpaulitician
07-09-2007, 10:30 PM
One down?

nullvalu
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
One down?

absolutely.

purepaloma
07-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Maybe he'll contribute his remaining money to Ron...

or not.

STA654
07-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I won;t get my hopes up.

damijin
07-09-2007, 11:36 PM

or not.

I've already donated more than that to the campaign! :p

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 11:39 PM

or not.

Remaining money? HAHAHAHAHA!

nullvalu
07-09-2007, 11:44 PM
I've already donated more than that to the campaign! :p

LMAO

TheConstitutionLives
07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Wouldn't it suck to know you donated money to that campaign and they blew all that money this early in the race?

You shouldn't be surprised b/c McCain was one of the Republcans who voted to spend spend spend, yet he gets in the debates and repeatedly says that Republicans spent like "drunken sailors" or something to that effect. Yeah, he's the fiscal "conservative" I want. :rolleyes:

So, in summation. John McCain spends his campaign cash like he spends that of the taxpayer.

james1906
07-09-2007, 11:58 PM
me thinks the wife pilfered the war chest on more botox

MozoVote
07-10-2007, 06:23 AM
McCain has become an emblem of what he criticised in 2000. If he could at least admit this, I'd offer him some respect again.

Derek
07-10-2007, 06:47 AM
As others have already mentioned, we really need McCain to stay in the race at least through New Hampshire. He helps split up the pro-war Republican vote, which will only benefit Dr. Paul.

So while I'm not rooting for McCain, I do hope things go well enough for him that he can stay afloat for a while.