PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul On Taxes - 6 Page PDF - Supporter Created - Must See - Download - Excellent!

Mark
12-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Per Description:

It's a 6-page PDF document on Ron Paul and Taxes that a grassroots supporter put together in newsletter format.

It's a fantastic tool that every supporter should email to their friends and family.

http://ronpaul.cc/images/RonPaulOnTaxes.pdf

Mark
12-23-2007, 06:35 AM
I'll be working on getting all 6 pdf pages on a webpage for viewing later.

If me3 or someone can improve on the quality in gif format or such, please post and I'll use those images on the pages.

It may prove useful to have it online as well as printing out the pdf.

noztnac
12-23-2007, 06:38 AM
These are outstanding. Make sure to put them in doctors office waiting rooms and dentist office waiting rooms.

Ron LOL
12-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Pretty well done. I tend to be picky about this stuff. It's very busy, and I have a difficult time believing that anybody will read it all...but not a bad effort at all.

Mark
12-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Added a poll to gage everyones opinion.

BLS
12-23-2007, 07:24 AM
link doesn't work for me.

lurker
12-23-2007, 07:43 AM
The document is excellent, it is well structured and informative. A useful file to email around.

lurker
12-23-2007, 07:45 AM
link doesn't work for me.

It took me a few minutes to download, the link is slow.

BLS
12-23-2007, 07:54 AM

thanks. Got it to work finally.

Mark
12-23-2007, 09:52 AM

It's quite a large file too - 558kb.

More than twice as big as even Larry Lepard's new NH and NYT ad pdf - 241kb

~~

Also:

I contacted my host yesterday. They had server loading issues. I received the 2 messages below from them.

( RonPaul.cc is a hosted domain through my TheOrderOfMelchizedek.org re-seller hosting account )

They may still be doing some maintenance a bit now and then.

~~~~~~~~

There were some temporary load issues in the server and we have fixed those issues.

Your site is loading fine now. Please check it out.

~~~

Your site theorderofmelchizedek.org is loading fast and fine now.

We have ensured that the server is fine and consistent.

We are also closely monitoring the server .

~~~~~~~~

Mark
12-23-2007, 10:48 AM
I checked other pages on the server.

They're downloading fast, this is just a very large file to download,

it takes a relatively good bit more time than a regular web page.

RonPaulIsGood
12-23-2007, 12:28 PM
This document is excellent, the best document I saw.

I have a few criticisms:

It's good, but I don't know if the estate tax is good. Estate tax is controversial. Estate tax prevent aristocracies.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37086

Inflation tax is underemphasized. Inflation tax takes a huge sum of money from the lower and middle classes. It does not talk how inflation benefits wall street and huge corporative interests at expense of the the middle class and poor the most.

Most liberals would like a regulated economy, but do not understand that almost all of these regulations are useless, lobbied by corporations. Regulations drives up the prices significantly, because it creates collusion and monopolies. It can be called 'regulation tax', 'monopoly tax', 'regulation tax'

0zzy
12-23-2007, 12:35 PM
sell this to the campaign

Mark
12-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Votes - comments appreciated. Will help a bunch! Thanks for being kind! :)

Mark
12-23-2007, 12:59 PM
sell this to the campaign

I'll forward the suggestion to Linda L.

BTW, she did a LOT of work for Larry L on his new NH & NYT ad.

She sent it to me. She didn't do it, but knows who did.

Mark
12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
PDFump

goldstandard
12-23-2007, 09:37 PM
This is really great. The campaign should use this. Maybe put it into the Campaign Suggestion Box: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212

goldstandard
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Bump

jake
12-23-2007, 09:53 PM
great except I noticed some of the text overlays below pictures shows some compression, can that be improved or eliminated ? :) (IE: "On the issues" on page 1, and "Help Share the Hope for America" on the last page)

N13
12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
There's something for every american in there. People need to be exposed to these ideas.

Got Liberty?
12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Printing it now. Thank you!

WachterZ
12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
as soon as someone gets this up on a site which can handle the traffic, lets digg this up!

pikerz
12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
i want a mention of eliminating the income tax on the front page!

:) id hate for such a nice pamphlet to get overlooked by the people that need to see it.

angrydragon
12-23-2007, 10:42 PM
How about a one page version? Or a two-sided one page version?

scbissler
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
How about a one page version? Or a two-sided one page version?

A couple of pages with the numbers and some supportive text would be great. But I still believe the current product is wonderful.

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 08:35 AM
bump

shadowhooch
12-27-2007, 08:47 AM
This needs to be mailed to every single voter in NH.
I'd say Iowa too, but it is too late.

This is most excellent. I had my entire extended family sit around the TV this Christmas and watch "Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming". The thing they wanted to know more about was HOW to eliminate the IRS.

I will be sending them this. This is perfect. Thanks.

shadowhooch
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Bumping because I think this handout could be the single best piece of literature to convince voters to vote for Ron Paul.

Seriously, can anyone read this and NOT want to vote for Ron Paul? This is better than gold.

Here is a challenge to everyone. Give this to someone and have them read it. Then let me know if they don't want to vote for Ron Paul after reading it. I don't see how it is possible (but please report if it happens). Also, please report if it convinces someone.

5 star this thread.

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Bumping because I think this handout could be the single best piece of literature to convince voters to vote for Ron Paul.

Seriously, can anyone read this and NOT want to vote for Ron Paul? This is better than gold.

Here is a challenge to everyone. Give this to someone and have them read it. Then let me know if they don't want to vote for Ron Paul after reading it. I don't see how it is possible (but please report if it happens). Also, please report if it convinces someone.

5 star this thread.

QFT

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 10:41 AM
90% downloaded and liked it? Sticky, please.

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Moderators, please make this a sticky.

BiPolarBear
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
There was no option for:

Downloaded - Liked - Posted to my Meetup Group for others to download and distribute?

:)

Yom
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Well written, but perhaps too long for the average reader's attention.

shadowhooch
12-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Well written, but perhaps too long for the average reader's attention.

Most people I talk to like the "End the IRS" bit. But they often want to know more about how because it seems like a pipe dream.

This is perfect. If anyone will take the time to read anything....it will be about taxes. I love this handout.

goldstandard
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Bump. Pmed moderator to make it a sticky.

fedup100
12-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Thank you for posting this. Where has this been hidden? It is so well done, yes, it should be sent to every household in the coming battle ground states or at the very least emailed or wrap a chocolate bar with the document drop them from the blimp, gee, this must be seen by all.:D

Just the no tax on social security would win the senior vote.

This needs to be condensed to a nice foldout.

Mark
12-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Thank you for posting this. Where has this been hidden? It is so well done, yes, it should be sent to every household in the coming battle ground states or at the very least emailed or wrap a chocolate bar with the document drop them from the blimp, gee, this must be seen by all.:D

Just the no tax on social security would win the senior vote.

This needs to be condensed to a nice foldout.

I think it was about brand new when I posted it.

I suppose I need to put the images on the http://RonPaul.cc website.

Time for Change
12-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Mark...PM sent

Mark
12-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Just read it! Thanks T for C! I can barely post now, pages are loading slow due to some video editing software I'm running, so, answering you here. ;)

I wanted to see what you said, and it saves my computer a groan or two "catching two birds with one net."

foofighter20x
12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
There's a few factual errors in this, so I vote neutral.

Mainly, it's about the 16th Amendment and the income tax.

Repealing the 16th will not make the income tax go away. It will only make it a more difficult tax to administer.

Never fool yourself by thinking the 16th Amendment authorized the income tax. It didn't.

Congress has possessed the power to impose an income tax since the federal government first stood up in 1789. They just never used that type of tax. It's kind of like a home gym in the sense that a lot of people have one, but almost never use it. Congress gets the power to tax income from its concurrent and general power of taxation under Article I, Section 8. That means that they can impose any tax they think is necessary to pay the federal bills.

However, there are a few limitations to the nature of their taxes and how they are administered.
1) Direct taxes (taxes on real property, capitation, etc.) must be apportioned in respect to population; i.e. if Congress needs $1B in revenue and they go the direct tax route, they must divy up the liability of the tax upon each state in respect to its share of the national population.
2) Indirect taxes (duties, imposts, and excises) must be uniform.

Up until 1895, an income tax was considered an excise. But with the Pollack case in 1895, the Supreme Court ruled that an income tax derived from the sale of real property was a direct tax. Since the income tax at the time was not set by law to be apportioned to population, it was ruled unconstitutional. Keep in mind that it was the administration of the tax which was was ruled unconstitutional due to its noncompliance with the direct apportionment rule, NOT the tax itself. Had Congress been able to devise some way to apportion the income tax on the sale and rental of real property (the word sale in there is all the proof one needs that it was, in fact, an excise), then the income tax would have been 100% Constitutional.

Congress' reaction to the Court's ruling was the 16th amendment, which exempted income taxes from the rule of apportionment. It didn't give Congress any new power, it didn't give Congress the power to tax incomes, it simply mad e a power they already had easier to use.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like the income tax myself, and I'd absolutely love to see it gone, but people need to understand this whole "unconstitutional" business is utter nonsense. And it's typically propogated either by ignorance to history and case law or due to a person's bias.

Seriously, guys, we will get so much farther with people by attacking it on moral grounds (e.g. one should be allowed to keep the fruits of one's labors) than on technical legal arguments that go over most people's head.

LibertyEagle
12-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Didn't Dr. Paul change to saying we would only have to reduce our taxes to the level of 10 years ago, instead of saying 2000/01 levels? I think he did.

denvervoipguru
12-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Wow...that IS good. I'm going to print and mail THIS to my Republican neighbors before I call them.

Thanks

Thanehand
12-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Wow. VERY well put together.

goldstandard
12-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks for making it a sticky, foofighter20x.

GHoeberX
12-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Brilliant work!

techxplosion
12-28-2007, 02:09 PM
bump! Lovin' it!

ASayre
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Get this out to /everyone/

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Great job!

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like the income tax myself, and I'd absolutely love to see it gone, but people need to understand this whole "unconstitutional" business is utter nonsense. And it's typically propogated either by ignorance to history and case law or due to a person's bias.

Seriously, guys, we will get so much farther with people by attacking it on moral grounds (e.g. one should be allowed to keep the fruits of one's labors) than on technical legal arguments that go over most people's head.

+1000.

If you revise the document in this regard, I will use it like crazy. Otherwise, I will not.

wfd40
01-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Moderators, please make this a sticky.

Seconded... let's have the grassroots see if we can make this thing even better than it already is

Assuming of course mark wants our help and/or suggestions ;)

This is gold!

Mahkato
01-03-2008, 03:47 PM
That whirring sound you're hearing is the sound of millions of printers and copiers printing this thing off!

Mark
01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Seconded... let's have the grassroots see if we can make this thing even better than it already is

Assuming of course mark wants our help and/or suggestions ;)

This is gold!

I didn't create it.. I'm just hosting the file.. Linda who helped Larry with his ads sent it to me.. and I believe she was just forwarding it to me to host

I'll forward this thread to her in case she hasn't seen it

Mark
01-04-2008, 10:12 PM
New link - the original link now forwards to this one:

http://ronpaul.cc/images/PDF/RonPaulOnTaxes.pdf