PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show and The Colbert Report Coming Back and We Must Get Ron On Again!

rational thinker
12-23-2007, 04:10 AM
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report will return to Comedy Central with new episodes starting January 7, 2007. If Ron Paul ends up doing well in Iowa and Wyoming combined with our requests to the shows, they may just budge. We pulled it off last time, didn't we?

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Does anyone know their viewing figures?

jasonoliver
12-23-2007, 05:37 AM
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report will return to Comedy Central with new episodes starting January 7, 2007. If Ron Paul ends up doing well in Iowa and Wyoming combined with our requests to the shows, they may just budge. We pulled it off last time, didn't we?

Ron Paul has outgrown these shows, and they won't be back until after Iowa & NH.

reaver
12-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Their average audience is 1,500,000+/- I believe. Meet the Press has an average audience of 3,000,000. [edit: these numbers may be per week] Not to marginalize Jon Stewart....

Trassin
12-23-2007, 06:00 AM
Their shows are going to have a slightly different format when they come back because of still not having their writing staff.

My understanding is that they are going to have more "on location skits" than before because those don't require writers, for the most part.

Not sure how this will effect the number of interviews, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the best thing would be if Jon makes a joke out of the media switching from saying RP has no chance to their reaction after he owns in Iowa.

skeet
12-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Those shows are fun. Yes we may have outgrown them, but still worth doing again. IMHO

jordie
12-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Yeah, it'd be good buuuuuuut I can guarantee it'll just be "preaching to the choir". I'd say most Daily Show and Colbert viewers know about Ron Paul (regardless of if they support him or not), but it would still be cool now after the money bombs and especially if he gets NH or Iowa.

Dieseler
12-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah, it'd be good buuuuuuut I can guarantee it'll just be "preaching to the choir". I'd say most Daily Show and Colbert viewers know about Ron Paul (regardless of if they support him or not), but it would still be cool now after the money bombs and especially if he gets NH or Iowa.

Trust me on this, a lot of that audience, 18 to 22 and maybe older even, don't have the slightest clue about the ISSUES and probably wonder what all the hubub is about this Constitution thing they keep hearing about.
Blame it on Mtv I guess.
No, blame it on the public schools.
Colbert and Daily would be excellent for Dr. Paul any time we can get it.
I'm still working on my 18 year old son now. :confused:

Trassin
12-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Trust me on this, a lot of that audience, 18 to 22 and maybe older even, don't have the slightest clue about the ISSUES and probably wonder what all the hubub is about this Constitution thing they keep hearing about.
Blame it on Mtv I guess.
No, blame it on the public schools.
Colbert and Daily would be excellent for Dr. Paul any time we can get it.
I'm still working on my 18 year old son now. :confused:

I don't think you know the Daily Show / Colbert Report audience very well. Of my friends, and I think most college kids, the ones that like those two shows are by far the best informed.

There was a study a while back showing that, on average, the audience of those shows was much better informed on the issues of the day than the older crowd which watched MSM news on a regular basis.

Trassin
12-23-2007, 07:34 AM
crap, double post

Dieseler
12-23-2007, 07:37 AM
I don't think you know the Daily Show / Colbert Report audience very well. Of my friends, and I think most college kids, the ones that like those two shows are by far the best informed.

Hehe, I'm just going by the kids old enough to vote that I see everyday man.
We got a lot of work to do.
Didn't mean to insult anyone that age at all bro and I hope you guys that are well informed keep spreading the word. :)

Trassin
12-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Hehe, I'm just going by the kids old enough to vote that I see everyday man.
We got a lot of work to do.
Didn't mean to insult anyone that age at all bro and I hope you guys that are well informed keep spreading the word. :)

Meh, I'm not that age so you certainly didn't insult me.

I would agree that the average 18-22 is very poorly informed.

Arek
12-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Actually the average American is usually misinformed on the issues. America is an ignorant society and I blame most of this on our so called great public education system.

conner_condor
12-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Actually the average American is usually misinformed on the issues. America is an ignorant society and I blame most of this on our so called great public education system.

The net is making smarter people though. They are finding the truth out. Look at history books? There is alot left out of them books and like the MSM,cherry picked to make it look good on our part.

rational thinker
12-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Bump

rational thinker
12-23-2007, 10:39 PM
That's funny, on www.thedailyshow.com they don't have Ron Paul as a guest in their database. They have pretty much every single episode ever since Jon took over in 1999, yet Ron's is missing

bucfish
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Those shows would be awesome to have RP on again. He is a charismatic, witty guy at least I feel that way.