PDA

View Full Version : John Harwood on Meet the Press tomorrow

Nihilist23
12-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Is John Harwood a regular on Meet the Press or any other NBC programs? I am annoyed by the fact this is going to be on the same day as Ron Paul, even after coming out and saying flat out Ron Paul has no chance of winning.

cien750hp
12-23-2007, 03:12 AM
maybe he'll say "well, after breaking the previous record of 5.7 mil by john kerry on the day he accepted the democratic nomination, all organized by his supporters, who also bought a blimp, i'd say he stands a very, very good chance of winning"

we can only hope though.

TheNewYorker
12-23-2007, 03:15 AM
It's total BS. On other MTP's, the candidate got the full hour. Now in this one though, Ron Paul won't get the full hour, instead they have this silly "round table" thing after Paul's interview, and the people of this Round Table are some of the most anti-paul people in the media.

It's such a setup.

Nihilist23
12-23-2007, 03:20 AM
Post-interview brainwashing for the viewers? I hope the average viewer is wise enough to see through this.

Paulitician
12-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Wait... so it's not a full hour one on one interview with Ron Paul? WTF?

free.alive
12-23-2007, 03:43 AM
So they have to do instant statist damage control and spin the interview immediately after it's over? You know there are going to be one or two absurd, smearing questions in the interview, RP's answers to which these asses will solely focus on.

F'ers.

The machine is breaking down and they're really scared!

Think12345
12-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Is it too late to call it off because RP gets a different treatment than other candidates?

Ron LOL
12-23-2007, 04:00 AM
We should land the blimp on John Harwood's car :D

TheNewYorker
12-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Post-interview brainwashing for the viewers? I hope the average viewer is wise enough to see through this.

Yeah that's exactly what it is, sadly no the average viewer won't see through it because the average american is stupid.

kushaze
12-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Ron Paul should suckerpunch Harwood in the middle of his commentary.

ValidusCustodiae
12-23-2007, 04:11 AM
If Ron Paul can join the round table, that's one thing. I think that'd be quite interesting.

I doubt it tho. All the same, I wouldn't be all doom and gloom, they might launch into some positive comments. Probably get the same "will he translate his online support into votes". Apparently there is this belief that people who use the internet don't vote. I don't know where it came from, sorta sprang up with this campaign, didn't it?

Expect the same questions, don't be surprised if it goes very well though!

daviddee
12-23-2007, 05:13 AM

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-23-2007, 05:20 AM
What??? Ron's not getting the full hour? The hell? Since when?

WilliamC
12-23-2007, 05:24 AM
So typical. Is Ron Paul at least going to get 45 minutes and the blowhards only 15, or will it be the otherway around?

Trassin
12-23-2007, 05:24 AM
There's someone else besides Harwood too. I don't remember what the name was but I saw it over on www.tvguide.com when I clicked on the Meet the Press tv listing for today.

I just figured it meant that RP would have to deal with questions from multiple people.

Nihilist23
12-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Chuck Todd (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17814579/) is the other guy.

Does anyone here watch Meet the Press who can explain the typical format?

Trassin
12-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Chuck Todd is the other guy.

Yeah, that was it.

llepard
12-23-2007, 05:40 AM
I hope Harwood attacks him.

Using the law of opposites it will actually help Ron. None of Ron's opponents are smart enough to realize this yet. Attacks on Ron help the cause!!!!

Look at Rudy, how has attacking Ron worked out for him?

If Harwood is all sweet and nice, then I will be worried because it means the fix is in.

manny
12-23-2007, 05:42 AM
If Ron Paul can join the round table, that's one thing. I think that'd be quite interesting.

I doubt it tho. All the same, I wouldn't be all doom and gloom, they might launch into some positive comments. Probably get the same "will he translate his online support into votes". Apparently there is this belief that people who use the internet don't vote. I don't know where it came from, sorta sprang up with this campaign, didn't it?

Expect the same questions, don't be surprised if it goes very well though!

Funny that, isn't it? :rolleyes:

In fact earlier in this campaign the MSM was all about how it would be dominated by the net. They were loudly proclaiming it to be the first "youtube election"; remember the hype surrounding Obama's supporters making vids; the stories about Hillary's website. This was the slant given to the whole election.

Then, to their horror (and, one must presume, that of the bankers, Federal Reserve, CFR and military industrial complex), the voters made the "wrong"choice and started supporting Ron. And you're right, the media have flipped 180 degrees. Suddenly CNN, Fox, CNBC and every newspaper seems to think it's 1996 and the internet is on the fringes. It is very frustrating but the fact is they'll keep doing it for as long as possible; they're determined to stop a guy like Ron who will stare down the establishment. This year the various investment banks and associated businesses have been taking home billions in bonuses. Don't expect them to give it up. Just keep spreading the word, door to door if necessary.

(About tonight's show, I expect it to be tough. They really nailed Rudy and Mitt. Ron is obviously a far more honest man, and in another league intellectually, but expect them to go after him, which - in this case - is fair enough since they've been rough with the others. Not giving him to same time as the others is low, however.)

Trassin
12-23-2007, 05:46 AM
(About tonight's show, I expect it to be tough. They really nailed Rudy and Mitt. Ron is obviously a far more honest man, and in another league intellectually, but expect them to go after him, which - in this case - is fair enough since they've been rough with the others. Not giving him to same time as the others is low, however.)

I've been thinking about that, wondering what the "gotcha" questions will be about.

I figure the white supremicist donations and, maybe, the article written by an aid from however long back. Perhaps consperacy theory garbage.

TheNewYorker
12-23-2007, 05:47 AM
From what I've heard Ron gets 35 minutes and the roundtable guys get 25 minutes

Trassin
12-23-2007, 05:47 AM
From what I've heard Ron gets 35 minutes and the roundtable guys get 25 minutes

Link?

TheNewYorker
12-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Link?

no link, word of ear

Lois
12-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to watch Meet The Press streaming online? My friend doesn't have a TV.

Lois

JMO
12-23-2007, 05:51 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to watch Meet The Press streaming online? My friend doesn't have a TV.

Lois

It will be on the MSNBC site in the afternoon, not sure about live streaming.

reaver
12-23-2007, 06:07 AM
no link, word of ear

When is the last time word of ear has ever ever been right? :)

This is going to be a long two hours...
Harwood has just been frustrated with us. I imagine he has told everyone willing to listen how we unloaded a steaming one in his mailbox once and how mad he was about it.
I've been confused about Chuck Todd id- He's willing to say positive things but his so optimistic to issue the "but" or "can't" in there.

But if all 7 candidates are below 20% in the polls and any one of these guys drops a "can't" or "won't" in there they are just blowing smoke up your rear.

thoughtbombing
12-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Yeah that's exactly what it is, sadly no the average viewer won't see through it because the average american is stupid.

Then what are you fighting for?

The average American isn't stupid... they have the same hopes and dreams as anyone else, they just aren't informed and don't seek out information... ignorant is the word you're searching for.

Pharoah
12-23-2007, 06:57 AM
^^ "Trusting" is another good word. They think the talking heads are their friends... when they're really there to spin each story consistent with their own interests.

Falseflagop
12-23-2007, 06:59 AM
If Russert gets smart all RP has to say is:

RP: Tim isn't your employer GE one of the largest Defense COntractors in the WOrld and is for continuing the War?

TR: HUMMMM HUMMM

MsDoodahs
12-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Is John Harwood a regular on Meet the Press or any other NBC programs? I am annoyed by the fact this is going to be on the same day as Ron Paul, even after coming out and saying flat out Ron Paul has no chance of winning.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838123/

"John Harwood is Chief Washington Correspondent of CNBC and Senior Contributing Writer of The Wall Street Journal.

Harwood was born in Louisville, Ky., and grew up in the Maryland suburbs outside of the nation’s capital. He has been around journalism and politics all his life; his first trip on a presidential campaign press plane came when he was 11 years old and accompanied his father, then a political reporter for the Washington Post.

While still in high school, he began his journalism career as a copy boy at the Washington Star. He studied history and economics at Duke University and graduated magna cum laude in 1978. Harwood subsequently joined the St. Petersburg Times, reporting on police, investigative projects, local government and politics. Later he became state capital correspondent in Tallahassee, Washington correspondent and Political Editor. While covering national politics, he also traveled extensively to South Africa, where he covered deepening unrest against the apartheid regime.

In 1989, Harwood was named a Nieman Fellow at Harvard University, where he spent the 1989-90 academic year. In 1991, he joined The Wall Street Journal as White House correspondent, covering the administration of the George H. W. Bush. Later Harwood reported on Congress. In 1997, he became the Journal’s Political Editor and chief political correspondent.

Harwood writes the newspaper’s political column, Washington Wire, and oversees the Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll. In March 2006, he joined CNBC as Chief Washington Correspondent.

In addition to CNBC, Harwood offers political analysis on NBC's "Meet the Press" and PBS's "Washington Week in Review," among other television and radio programs. Harwood has covered each of the last five presidential elections. He lives with his wife and their three children in Silver Spring, Md."

shepburn
12-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Funny that, isn't it? :rolleyes:

In fact earlier in this campaign the MSM was all about how it would be dominated by the net. They were loudly proclaiming it to be the first "youtube election"; remember the hype surrounding Obama's supporters making vids; the stories about Hillary's website. This was the slant given to the whole election.

Then, to their horror (and, one must presume, that of the bankers, Federal Reserve, CFR and military industrial complex), the voters made the "wrong"choice and started supporting Ron. And you're right, the media have flipped 180 degrees. Suddenly CNN, Fox, CNBC and every newspaper seems to think it's 1996 and the internet is on the fringes. It is very frustrating but the fact is they'll keep doing it for as long as possible; they're determined to stop a guy like Ron who will stare down the establishment. This year the various investment banks and associated businesses have been taking home billions in bonuses. Don't expect them to give it up. Just keep spreading the word, door to door if necessary.

+1

AlexAmore
12-23-2007, 08:57 AM
If Russert gets smart all RP has to say is:

RP: Tim isn't your employer GE one of the largest Defense COntractors in the WOrld and is for continuing the War?

TR: HUMMMM HUMMM

Oh, we can dream, can't we? Dr Paul is very outspoken, yes, but there is a line he will not cross...and I really wish he would.