PDA

View Full Version : What will a free country be like?

RonPaulFever
12-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Under a Ron Paul presidency, of course. ;)

Let your imagination run wild!

Chester Copperpot
12-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Itll mean working as hard as you want and keeping all you get..

Another way to put it would be that you could work at less hard for the same you are getting now.

noztnac
12-23-2007, 03:03 AM
I just hope it's not like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Chester Copperpot
12-23-2007, 03:11 AM

Thats it.. We need the Thought Police to stop these rick rolls in their place.

derdy
12-23-2007, 03:16 AM

Let's find out! ;)

As someone very interested in the history of mankind, especially that of American history, these are epic times! The Internet is truely home to the free-market of ideas and free-thinkers. The communications platform allows us to efficiently harness our resources in an effective manner on the campaign AND grassroots front.

The latter of which, being of the most unmanaged-sort akin to an organized-chaos. The effectiveness of the Grassroots speaks volumes to the power of decentralization!

^That was a bit off topic, but I'm sure a free country will be a great thing!

Oliver
12-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Thats it.. We need the Thought Police to stop these rick rolls in their place.

:D

On a more serious note. My appraisal is that Ron's
foreign policies will drastically eliminate Terrorism
and restore Americas reputation, even if I believe
in personal AND national responsibility, so leaving
Iraq without any financial support to restore the
countries destroyed infrastructure, isn't really a
moral thing.

But to change the course surely avoids future
interventions with high, innocent casualties, so I
support the Idea nevertheless.

What does a Ron Paul Presidency look like in the
United States? I'm not exactly sure about it, for
some it probably will be pretty hard to take more
responsibility. And I don't know if he's able to get
the Jobs back to America while foreigners are
able to produce so much cheaper.

A positive policy in any case will be the abolishment
of Patriot Act, Military commission act, warrantless
wiretapping and Big Brother in general, which will
reduce a lot of paranoia existing today. How this
will feel like - or if many people really sense a
difference, I don't know for sure.

JohnnyWrath
12-23-2007, 04:38 AM
I am 33, and I mostly picture it as being kind of like how it was when I was growing up....there were a lot less laws and police were there more to "protect and serve" than generate revenue for cities.

Yeah, I know I am talking about state and local levels, but it was so much more free not even that long ago.

People used to shoot off fireworks on the fourth of July....that is banned here in Ohio now and strictly enforced aside from sparklers and worms.

Ohio has a state wide smoking ban now.

Ohio doesn't allow any gambling at all aside from state lotto and church bingo.

My spare car, which runs and has no rust etc, was towed off private property last year by the police because it didn't have current plates....I wasn't driving it at all, so WTF?

Here we now have random police check points around holidays where they stop all drivers and force them to pull into a parking lot to run checks.

You have to wear a helmet here on a bicycle until you are older than 15 or the parents can get a fine...LOL

etc etc etc etc etc

it's to the point the streets are dead at 10 PM, and people are afraid to even leave their homes unless lots of traffic is out so cops don't focus on you.

My fiance' was stopped and ticketed last year because she put a dolphin neon license plate holder on her car???

OHIO = sucks

jasonoliver
12-23-2007, 05:29 AM

Crack rocks for sale at the quick-e-mart, brothels on every corner, and the words "shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits" said liberally on television! :D

No it won't be like that - but the Christofacists would have people think this would be so. Even if it was it wouldn't bother me. Nobody is forcing you to buy crack rocks at quick-e-mart, visit a brothel, or watch a non-family friendly tv channel!

FreeTraveler
12-23-2007, 05:33 AM

I really enjoy most of what you have to say. However, I also really enjoy using the Ignore feature. One more rickroll from you will tip the scales. :D

conner_condor
12-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I think we all want a dramatic change here? No more of this thought control being brought on slowly over the years as they have been doing. We need a dramatic change,and RP is the man to do this.

hocaltar
12-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Cable News will die a quick death!

Because the pundits will have nothing to talk about. Can you imagine it?

"Ealier today Turkey invaded Kurdistan and they are in the middle of an all out war in what was once Northern Iraq. The U.N. would be asking for American assistance; however, the U.N. went bankrupt after America refused to be a part of the international body. On a good note though America turned a 500 billion dollar trade surplus this year and has negative unemployment for the first time in history do to borders finally being guarded by American troops. Wage rates have increased 5% and well, it's just peaceful. Back you Jim for the weather..."

thumbto
12-23-2007, 08:46 AM
[winded from doing the rick roll]

I see RP as sparking a popular localization movement and a general culturel of self reliance. I say 'sparking'.... not sure how long it will take to ripple or how dramatic the change will be.