PDA

View Full Version : RP Policy Quarterback Club-

Antonius Stone
12-23-2007, 01:52 AM
I got an idea for a new Youtube Community we can build to ensure that after this election there is a kind of infrastructure through with grassroots internet folk can feel like they are applying themselves as Citizen Semi-legislators.

Know how everybody wishes they could quarterback the big football game? Well how about building a club based on the notion of letting people try to quarterback public policy. The main idea behind a "Ron Paul Public Policy Quarterback Club" is to use Youtube Correspondence to analyze, expose and critique policy that comes out of the Federal Government, the State Governments and suggestions from Citizen Couch Potatoes on Youtube.
If enough people get involved in this, I think we can produce a very creative environment that will in time come up with some really good ideas that might translate into legislation that could do a lot to make America better. Furthermore, we can organize the voters into something like a {union} and get people to hold their congressmen accountable

My first video already contains such a proposal- what if we could divert war funds to purchase 4x4 NanoSolar panels and put a panel up on every electric pole in the country? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnV1vtnoL8Q)
Nanosolar (nanosolar.com) has said they can sell 3rd-Gen solar panels for around 1$ per watt. That's so cheap that after you add in the price breaks from buying millions upon millions of NanoSolar panels... putting one on every electric pole just might be doable.