PDA

View Full Version : New Grassroots Meme ₪

agape64
12-23-2007, 12:55 AM

I think a good seed to start planting would be embedding elaborations upon the rEVOLution meme*, such as ending a message with the phrase

"love inspires ~" or "love deepens ~"

By inserting language that deliberately reminds us of the compassionate and collaborative path that we are on, we can raise the ideational dialogues to even deeper / higher levels! Also, I think that if we utilize phraseology that describes the intentions and goals of the revolution rather than ones that describe the character of Ron Paul would greater enhance the ease at which such memes can spread. Ideas are our true common ground, not idolatry. Anybody have any phrases to share?

Love reflects ~

₪ Jacob

*For information on what a meme is see wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme).

agape64
12-23-2007, 01:28 AM
* Bump *

hillertexas
12-23-2007, 01:32 AM
i like it

Mark Rushmore
12-23-2007, 01:36 AM
No offense, but for better or worse, it seems to strike directly against a certain masculine ethos that a vast majority of our target Republican primary voters vaunt. Since there are plenty of outrageous and irrelevant yet sadly somewhat effective ad hominem attacks coming at the campaign, many of which focus on trying to create a certain 'weak effeminate' image juxtaposed against something like 'Rudy - manly man on terror', it might be counterproductive.

My 2 cents.

agape64
12-23-2007, 03:14 AM
No offense, but for better or worse, it seems to strike directly against a certain masculine ethos that a vast majority of our target Republican primary voters vaunt. Since there are plenty of outrageous and irrelevant yet sadly somewhat effective ad hominem attacks coming at the campaign, many of which focus on trying to create a certain 'weak effeminate' image juxtaposed against something like 'Rudy - manly man on terror', it might be counterproductive.

My 2 cents.

I wouldn't expect everyone in the campaign to spread such memes, but for those that are attracted to them, they will likely take the meme and alter its language--the refinements that a meme undergoes, according to the natural desire that an individual has to contribute novel traits to an idea, can greatly improve the efficacy of a meme if the instigating idea possesses elements of truth that can be appreciated by many different people. There are many slogans and phrases that the campaign has been using for some time, and hopefully those will evolve too.

This idea is obviously not a primary concern for the campaign, but I have seen it be effective among many circles. The key is, as you implied, intuiting that the group that you are releasing your memes into is a willing acceptor. No one wants memes that are unattractive to them thrust upon them!

Lastly, I think we need to remember that we are not extremely concerned with making our campaign attractive to the republican base. Ron Paul is authentically non-violent in his demeanor and political philosophy. So hopefully the revolution is resonating with many non-violent types. Deep down, somewhere in the fundamentalist Christian mind, I think there is a recognition that most if not all forms of warfare implemented in this world are unchristlike... but I'm not going to hold my breath!

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback ~

Yom
12-23-2007, 03:32 AM
What's this symbol?

agape64
12-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Something for you to unravel ~ ;)

It just shows two energies working with or against each other.

literatim
12-23-2007, 03:42 AM
I am not hippy, sorry.

Ron LOL
12-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Can't quite get on board with this one. I already dislike the "love" in "revolution" though.

TheNewYorker
12-23-2007, 04:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzOpjBOzMqA

HazardPerry
12-23-2007, 04:27 AM
I love to see your enthusiasm, and there is surely a place for it. Still, instead of making memes and unraveling ASCII, how about you print some fliers and get out in the street. Joe and Jane American don't care if love deepens ~. They care about taxes and terrorists. We don't need to be fussing over branding, we need to be spreading the message of liberty. It's crunch time, do you want this or not?

skeet
12-23-2007, 06:11 AM
If you think it will work in your area, do it and let us know how it fared. I am 90% certain it would be counter productive here in Mississippi. It evokes thoughts of flower children and hippies - Even our democrats are conservative here. The 8 votes we would get is not worth the thousands we would lose. But again that is just my opinion about my part of the country.