PDA

View Full Version : ring4ron needs your ideas!

krzee
12-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Whats up freedom lovers!!!
I am part of a project we are calling ring4ron. The website needs a lot of work still, but it is www.ring4ron.com
We will be selling advertising like the blimp is (as opposed to donations which have limits and MANY attached rules, like PAC law). Our goal is to tele-market as much of the country as possible with a political poll supporting Ron Paul. We do not need to worry about the Do Not Call list because it is a political poll =]
We would like to target different areas with different parts of Ron's message. For example there are areas where his pro-life stance resonates, and others where being anti-aggressive-war does.

What I need is help from you guys to know what message helps you convert the most people in what area.

Also if anyone is willing to help us write scripts for the voice talent to use it would be much appreciated. We have the calling platform up, the bank account will be open any day, and the website needs more content but should be done very soon. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the project here as well =]

We are not doing this for money, we are doing this to help get Ron Paul elected, and we will have fully transparent accounting.

Besides here we can be found on IRC in #ring4ron on irc.ronpaulradio.biz

Thank you!

newmedia4ron
12-23-2007, 01:00 AM
http://www.unitedforliberty.com/call4paul/

krzee
12-23-2007, 01:09 AM
i saw them, i was highly unimpressed with their calls that i listened to. Also, we plan on letting you choose where your call goes, and which message is played. We will also be cheaper than them for most places, they are charging $.02/call, whereas we can call the entire USA for under $1million (2x as many phone calls/$). I used to be part owner of a phone company and one of our core members (swk) currently owns a phone company and is also a big Ron Paul fan. Unlike them we will not be leaving messages but trying to involve the person who answers in a poll, which I believe is more likely to keep their attention. They also can not accept more than 5k/person and if you donate to them before maxxing out to Ron Paul it counts twords your $2300 you are allowed to give to him (I learned this when researching PAC law to see if we wanted to go that route)

krzee
12-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Please post where you live and what the best message for people in your area is for converting them to Ron Paul!

jd603
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM
bump.

SwK
12-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Ok took long enuff to get this account approved so I'm going to lay out some more details...

What are we doing? Target Calling to your area. If you fund calls they will go where you want them, not where we think its best to send them. Yes the Early Primary states are important, but ALL states, districts, counties, cities, towns are important. We are not in this to make a statement, we are in this for Ron Paul to Win.

All Monies collected will go for calling the area you want us to call or to priority areas. These priority areas will be areas with the next upcoming primary.

We are buying the LongDistance Connections for this at wholesale rates. That being said its not like buying a ton of LongDistance for your home or business. Because we are purchasing very large blocks of time, rates vary by area. Where Metro Atlanta may cost under 1cent per minute, many areas in Iowa are better then 3cents per minute (wanna see what they charge google for Furture Phone and Iowa and read up on the ATT and Qwest lawsuites and see where some of those guys charge upwards of 13cents per minute).

Also at 2cents per call there is a TON of left over money there that we will recycle into calling more people. Lets face it, people will hang up on us just because they will see this as telemarketing. So what does this mean? It means that your $1 purchase does not reach just 50 phones, it will reach anywhere from 50 to 150 phones depending on the number of people that actually listen. (experience tells me we'll see more like 85 to 125 calls/$1)

We Are NOT running calls to say "Hey Vote for Ron Paul". We are running polls as they are much more effective at getting people to listen. And we get valuable data for the campaign. We will publish the distilled data on the website. Legit requests from the District Coordinators or higher in the primary campaign will be provided access to the raw data. All others will be taken on a case by case basis.

We are asking for all Ron Paul Supporters to help us out here.

What do we need?

1) We need help funding all these calls.
2) We need to know whats most important in your district. Whats the best way for us to get this information? Meetup Coordinators and District Coordinators Contact us and let us know!
3) We need help with making sure we dont sound like total idiots when we send these calls out. Anyone with marketing or writting skills please let us know if you are willing to help us out a little on coming up with good copy for the questions.

If anyone has any questions drop by and see us on IRC, We're in #ring4ron on efnet, freenode, and irc.ronpaulradio.biz

if you want to email me krice on the ring4ron.com domain (you know what to do to that email, sorry its not more convient i get enuff spam already ;) )

or PM krzee or myself here

JohnnyWrath
12-23-2007, 10:25 PM
careful with push polls, could bring bad publicity. I suggest no negative content about other candidates.

bucfish
12-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I still do not think calling is a good idea. I personally think canvassing and mailers should be more important trifolds & dvd's but that is just me especially after hearing that many people got calls in the middle of the night.

Ibgamer
12-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Just make sure to call everyone ONCE and do not push to hard as we could scare alot of people away

krzee
12-23-2007, 10:31 PM
careful with push polls, could bring bad publicity. I suggest no negative content about other candidates.

Absolutely not. We will not be giving polls speaking good or bad about other candidates. But the person paying will have the option of which of the pre-made polls are used.

krzee
12-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Just make sure to call everyone ONCE and do not push to hard as we could scare alot of people away

one answer per number, if there is no answer we will not leave a message and will attempt the number again at a different time of day. This will all be controlled by an intelligent database which hands out the numbers to the calling servers.

SwK
12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
calling is very effective... and when mixed with canvassing and/or mailers its even more effective.

As far as people getting called in the middle of the night, thats just plain idiots attempting to download a free dialer package and not understanding how it works. I actually make my living off of working for telemarketers. (i'm that jerk that gives them very advanced software for annoying you more efficiently in the evening when you are trying to eat dinner)...

As far as Push Polls go, the Idea is not to be negative at all but be very positive... Once we have the results of the poll we can play a taylored message that appeals to that voter (not to mention get good data about that area)

On a scale of 1 to 9 are you pro-life (1) or pro-choice (9)? someone hits 1 you rate them as pro-life is important, someone hits 9 pro-choice is important... if 1 Did you know Dr Paul is Pro Life if 9 Did you know that while Dr Paul is ProLife, he's on record for it being a State choice not a federal mandate

thats just an example... nothing negative... same basic message is conveyed but its spun differently... (i'm no spin doctor there are many people that can poke holes in what I just stated but thats where I want to be.... this gets the message out... with out offending or allienating voters. Along with strict timezone controls as no one likes a polling call at 2:30 in the morning when they have a baby sleeping...

However thanks for the input!

krzee
12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I still do not think calling is a good idea. I personally think canvassing and mailers should be more important trifolds & dvd's but that is just me especially after hearing that many people got calls in the middle of the night.

There are laws about what time of day you can call. Whoever called with an auto-dialer during the middle of the night is subject to a healthy fine. I think it is a good idea if implemented correctly. I hang up on tele-marketers, but I would be happy to listen and participate in something that clearly identified itself as a political poll.

Actually I no longer hang up on telemarketers, I listen to them and then make them listen to me tell them about Ron Paul. I have converted 2 people that way =]

european
12-23-2007, 10:53 PM
if you need help with reviewing the scripts, then poke me. I have been a rather succesfull callcenter agent myself in the past, worked my way up and then have been a very succesfull supervisor (won a national prize with it for best performance yay). writing scripts was part of my daily job :p i have done both inbound as outbound (mainly outbound though).

i said reviewing the scripts and not fully writing them myself. i say that because writing scripts takes a lot of time and to be honest i think its not possible for me to do so, because im in another country. im not embedded in your culture as much as i should to write a good script. but for supporting/reviewing a script i should good enough for. anyways, you know where you can find me :D

SwK
12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Thanks european... I think right now we need to come up with matters most to the various areas so we can come up with the copy... once we have that I think we might have to take you up on the offer

european
12-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Thanks european... I think right now we need to come up with matters most to the various areas so we can come up with the copy... once we have that I think we might have to take you up on the offer

yeah sure thing, im glad that im able to help out :D also aside from the script i can help with explaning techniques that can be used for convincing people. kinda overlaps eachother anyways.

SwK
12-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey European! Careful witht he $0.01/minute stuff... many areas are less then that, but many areas in the US are almost as bad Sat Phone minutes... something liek .01 avg is probably ok tho

Update... Our writer is back from abroad today so we're goin to start writing copy for the Polling calls today... Anyone thats well atuned to your local areas biggest needs please advise us so we arent stepping on each other

SwK

krzee
12-29-2007, 12:28 PM
the site is really coming along!!!
anyone wanna check it out and give feedback on the website?
there is also a FAQ on it
http://www.ring4ron.com

krzee
12-29-2007, 11:14 PM
I have received some private messages asking where people can buy, and if they must be from the USA, so I will answer them here as well.

You can now click buy on the website, it is functional and we have started receiving money. We will be getting it to where we can see realtime stats on the website soon.

You will be buying a service, not donating to a PAC or campaign, an as such you can be from anywhere and are not subject to any limitations on quantity.

krzee
12-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh and we will be putting up a phone number where people can call-in to take the poll and be counted in the stats, this has a couple of benefits:
1) you will be counted without us using $ to call you (and removed from the list)
2) since we are working directly with swk's phone company we will actually make a small amount of money from the inbound calls, and use that as if it were purchased minutes to make more calls.

We will allow the inbound callers to take every poll

BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP, WHAT MESSAGE IS MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR AREA!?

I am orig from California and I believe that the fact that he wants to stop letting the federal gov override state law is important there. I am sure that somewhere else his stance on the 2nd amendment is most important, etc...

SwK
12-31-2007, 02:09 AM
Ok People its up and running... Things are getting Recorded and we will start the calling as you guys are ready...

Any Questions visit the FAQ at http://www.ring4ron.com/faq.html ... Comments drop us a hint on the contact page

If you have anything in a specific area you want to make sure the people know about let us know via the contact page!