PDA

View Full Version : The Internet and Ron Paul's Support

Ivanelterrible
12-23-2007, 12:36 AM
I've been wondering about this for awhile. As of right now, even the mass media has acknowledged that Ron Paul supporters are by far the most effective at harnessing the power of the internet and Web 2.0 in general. Indeed, I would argue our only real competition in this department is Huckabee, and while he is gaining some momentum he has nowhere near the influence we do. Which brings me to my question: why?

Why did Ron Paul (or I should say, his supporters) harness the internet so successfully to power the campaign? Is it because Mass Media refused to cover him and our backs were therefore against the wall? Are Ron Paul supporters just naturally more tech savy? Is it because of the general way the campaign was organized from the beginning? Some different reason? Or a combination of all of these to varying degrees?

Was it a mix of factors that is unlikely to be repeated in the future, or are we the first wave of a new way campaigns on the whole are conducted in the future (in which case, it would be a teutonic shift in the entire political reality of the nation).

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts.

bucfish
12-23-2007, 12:40 AM
He has weak support. He also has lots of holes and problems like lying about a theology degree, raising taxes in Arkansas. Tax Hike Mike is nothing more than a MSM creation and will not survive to the end of the Republican primaries.

Ivanelterrible
12-23-2007, 12:46 AM
He has weak support. He also has lots of holes and problems like lying about a theology degree, raising taxes in Arkansas. Tax Hike Mike is nothing more than a MSM creation and will not survive to the end of the Republican primaries.

Huckabee? I agree, his support is nothing like Paul's, but I would argue his supporters are at least slightly better at utilizing the internet then any of the other candidates supporters.

Besides, the question was really about Paul anyway, not Huckabee.

TwiLeXia
12-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Ron Paul didn't do anything. He didn't actively find us. In the beginning, all the candidates and their supporters were posting videos on the internet. Once we were exposed, however, we realized that RP is the best candidate.

It's sad that RP is not exposed in the MSM. If he is, the American Mass would definitely start seeing why people like RP.