PDA

View Full Version : Declaration To Ignore All Negativity

AZ Libertarian
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I do hereby declare:

I will no longer waste valuable time refuting ignorant claims from negative sources

I will not succomb to the snide remarks of obvious troublemakers making jabs at my candidate

I will not waste my time on threads with negative statements of any kind in them - put there by infiltrators from other campaigns in an attempt to divert the efforts of TRUE PATRIOTS fulfilling their duty of self-governence

I do not and will not engage in these types of UNAMERICAN tactics at sites of other candidates

I will campaign with the highest standards of excellence I can achieve, thereby emulating the morals of my beloved candidate - FOR THE GOOD OF MY COUNTRY

Thank you for your time and efforts,

Ed

UtahApocalypse
07-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I was thinking of something like this yesterday. I am glad that you did it!

I take the pledge!

Erazmus
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I agree with your idea, but what about letter writing campaigns and phone campaigns when there is an injustice? I think they've been tremendous when used to get the doctor's good word out there and show his support. For example when there was a call to eliminate him from the GOP debates, Ed Failor and the ITR, et cetera. We can make good come out of some of this negativity.

shrugged0106
07-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I love it! Lets save the fighting energy for when we need it most (Failor and Beltram)

Noodles
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
While I can agree with the your sentiments, I'd advise you not to throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater. Most everyone on this forum is very pro-Ron Paul, so you are preaching to the choir. Personally, I feel that most "negative" posts are written with the intention of bringing a touch of reality to light. Reality is good. (ask Ayn Rand!)

Of course, ignoring is always an option. But I think a spirit of "live and let live" works best with such a diverse group.

Oddball
07-09-2007, 04:49 PM
A declaration to banish them nagative waves!!

I like it.

AZ Libertarian
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
While I can agree with the your sentiments, I'd advise you not to throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater. Most everyone on this forum is very pro-Ron Paul, so you are preaching to the choir. Personally, I feel that most "negative" posts are written with the intention of bringing a touch of reality to light. Reality is good. (ask Ayn Rand!)

Of course, ignoring is always an option. But I think a spirit of "live and let live" works best with such a diverse group.

Don't get me wrong - I can and still do battle the negative attacks to the campaign - full force. I'm stating I won't waste time arguing with those who are agitating just to keep us from spreading the TRUTH of Ron Paul with any of the myriad topics that we are fighting for. We passionately believe in those truths that Ron is defending, and we will use up ALL OF OUR TIME redefending what we know to be right AT THE COST OF THE CAMPAIGN. In the time I wasted today pinning down ONE person with the TRUTH that he didn't even acknowledge I could have made my phone calls about securing a park permit for our August 20th Birthday Party for Ron Paul that my meetup group is sponsoring. But I didn't, because I feel so strongly about FREEDOM that I have a hard time not being baited.

That's why I made my declaration. ;)

beermotor
07-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Don't let that AZ heat bake your brain and get you too fired up, buddy. Have a beer. As my main man Hunter Thompson said, "buy the ticket, take the ride." Here we go!
;)