PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Contribution Rules Help / Q?

agasys
12-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Can anyone help with this question?

I have a web site where we sell advertising (about $6,000 worth each month).

Can I give one of the advertising slots (worth about $150/mo.) to promote Ron Paul?

The web site is still under a sole proprietorship. Does it count against campaign contribution limits?

rory096
12-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe this counts towards your limit, just as an individual expenditure or an endorsement wouldn't count towards the limit.

beerista
12-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Sorry, I can't help with your question. But I'm having similar concerns regarding what is and what is not legal.

Can we please get a repository of campaign finance information? A lot of us have never done this before and would like to cover our posteriors. With all the great info on this site, I can't believe that no one has put together such a thing. Please.

gerryb
12-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Isn't it sad you guys have to ask questions about what your allowed to do with your private property?

beerista
12-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Isn't it sad you guys have to ask questions about what your allowed to do with your private property?

I've recently been wondering just how the conversation about campaign laws went between Tom Paine and his team of lawyers before he published "Common Sense."