PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the Ron Paul Revolution to Mainstream Media

mello
12-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I just saw a video on youtube of a Boston Tea Party Rally for Ron Paul in Santa Monica where over 1,000 Ron Paul supporters marched. The video mentioned that there were no news crews from any local or national news agencies that covered that. Here's the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD8vSST-bs8

I was thinking that maybe we could bring Ron Paul Supporters to the mainstream media where they would have no choice but to video them. I had thoughts on a couple of shows that have a nation-wide market.

1st) The Today Show. About 500-1,000 Ron Paul supporters showing up outside their window for a week would be a good start. I personally don't watch the show but I believe they have a couple segments of their show outside for the crowd. A bonus of this is since the show is shot at 30 Rock hopefully you also would get the attention of MSNBC, Dateline NBC, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, NBC Nightly News, Conan O'Brien, & WNBC Channel 4.

2nd) TRL on MTV. There is normally a large crowd of young people outside of the MTV studios that are videotaped often. The bonus with this crowd is that there are probably a larger ratio of Ron Paul supporters there already. So I suggest that the Ron Paul supporters that go should bring extra signs and banners to offer to the crowd that is already there.

3rd) Late Night Talk Shows & Game shows. Choose certain dates & try to get a large majority of tickets to the Tonight Show, Conan, Letterman, John Stewart Show, Price is Right, Deal or No Deal, & etc. Show up wearing the same Ron Paul Revolution t-shirts.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to get more Ron Paul supporters on national TV please add to the thread.

PS. I'm 36 & this is the first time that I believed in candidate to the point of donating money to his campaign & registering republican so I can vote for him. Hell, I thought I leaned democrat until I started seeing his videos online.

mello
12-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I just thought of another place that will have a global audience.

New Years Eve in New York City. It's broadcasted internationally & that would offer a rediculous amount of free advertising if you hand out a pile of RON PAUL 2008 signs to anyone in the crowd that wants one.

european
12-26-2007, 04:16 AM
both good ideas. maybe give it a shot and try to organize it?

mello
12-26-2007, 08:55 AM
How would I go about this though? I'm in Milwaukee, nowhere near the east or west coasts. I could suggest a date to do this on but I should probably check Wikipedia for a day that may have some kind of significance like the Boston Tea Party or the 5th of November.

Also I'm pretty sure that games shows and late night shows are pre-recorded. Does anyone know what the lead time is between when they're shot & when they're put on televison?