PDA

View Full Version : How To Successfully Cold-Call For Ron Paul; And Turn Anyone Into A Supporter

Scott K
12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Cold-Calling is no easy task and you need to have a plan for success; otherwise, it will be very hard to convert undecided voters.

The first key to success is to make a large numbers of calls

The more calls you make the more success you get. However, it is important to keep the energy in your voice so I recommend you do the calls in two-hour stretches and have a break. Stand up to do a call every five calls. This will get the blood flowing better through your body to energize yourself.

The second key to success is never to take rejection personally

The “not voting” is about what is going on for the voter at that moment in time, not a rejection of you personally. You could call them the next day and they could be in a completely different frame of mind, willing to listen and say “yes I’ll vote”. Persistence really works.

How to introduce yourself and Ron Paul
Acknowledge their name. It’s more personal for them and grabs their attention.
Tell them your whole name, and include your salutation (Mr./Mrs.). This gives you more authority.
Mention you are a volunteer for “Republican Presidential contender Ron Paul”. Let them know Ron Paul is a Republican running for President and throughout the phone call (never let them forget).
Example introduction:

“Good morning Mr. Smith, my name is Mr. John Doe, I’m volunteer for Republican Presidential contender Ron Paul. “
Lead them with a benefit

After the introduction, it’s important to tell them how Ron Paul will benefit their life. Like every person you’ll talk to, they only care about themselves. So, feed their selfishness with a way Ron Paul will help them.
Knowing the most important political issues of the area you are calling will greatly help. If taxes are important, then tell them:

“Ron Paul will save you money by eliminating the I.R.S, which will give you more money to spend each pay check.”
If gun ownership is important, tell them:

“Ron Paul will never interfere with your right to own a gun, which will allow you to protect your family and home.”

Notice how I underlined the benefit and it always includes the word “you”? “You” is the most powerful word you can use when selling Ron Paul’s message.

Also, make sure to only tell them ONE benefit after you introduce yourself. Don’t list off one right after another. This will only bore or annoy them.

How Questions Will Convert Them To A Ron Paul Supporter

Now that you have introduced yourself and told them ONE way Ron Paul will benefit their life, the next step is to ask them questions!

We ask voters questions in order to get a picture of what is important to them. Without asking questions we will never know how to sell them Ron Paul’s message.

Question guidelines:

Ask no more than three questions or it may sound like an interrogation
NEVER ask a “yes” or “no” question. Instead begin questions with “What, Why, Where, When, Who, Which and How”
Ask questions about the benefits of Ron Paul
After you ask a question, stop speaking, even if there is silence on the other end as they may be thinking about what to say (silence is OK)
Don’t help them answer the questions
When the voter finishes responding to the question, pause, and if you need them to elaborate on their response, you can say, “Tell me more about that”
Finally, when you have asked all relevant questions and the voter has replied, repeat what they said they wanted back to them

Asking “Yes” or “No” questions is the biggest mistake you can make on the phone. Every time a voter says “No” on the phone it adds a negative in their mind. It makes selling Ron Paul’s message harder for you – if not impossible. Also, it gives them a reason to end the phone call.

Asking questions about the benefits of Ron Paul will make it easier to sell Ron Paul in your presentation later.

Examples of benefit questions:

“How easy is it for you to get healthcare coverage?”

“On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest, how would you rate the performance of the Iraq War?”

“What area of the environment would be most important for you to improve on right now?”

“What is the biggest threat to your privacy from the government?”

“How satisfied are you with the Social Security system?”

“What would happen to you if the income tax was eliminated?”
Benefit questions allow you to find out what’s important to the voter. More significantly, you will know the positions that they agree with Ron Paul on.

Selling Ron Paul To The Voter On The Phone

Now, it’s time for you to make the sell. Without asking the questions above it would have been hard-as-hell to sell them Ron Paul. But, you’re smart and asked them the questions!

Take the 3 questions you asked the voter and find the ones that they either agreed with Ron Paul’s position or where very close to agreeing.

Your job is to sell them on the issues they already agree with Ron Paul on. How easy is that? They already agree with him! So, throw away any questions they answered in which they didn’t agree. Why waste time selling them on something they already don’t like?

If they didn’t agree on any of the 3 questions above, then it’s OK to ask them more questions only until you find one that they agree with Ron Paul on.

So, if you asked the voter, “On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest, how would you rate the performance of the Iraq War?”

And they responded, “I rate the Iraq War a One. I hate the war and wish we weren’t over there!”

Then, you will sell them Ron Paul’s position on the Iraq War, and that he’s the only candidate who will help their need. For example:

“You said that the Iraq War is being handled poorly, and Ron Paul understands this too. Ron Paul is the only Republican Presidential contender who wants to bring our troops home as fast and safety as possible. He doesn’t want another American or you to lose a brother, sister, son, daughter, or friend! He doesn’t want you to have to pay one more dime on war that isn’t worth fighting anymore.

Ron Paul wants peace with all nations, which will make you and your family safer. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again, and Republican Presidential contender Ron Paul is that leader!”

The above is a script that you can use for all issues the voter agrees with Ron Paul on. If you have problems creating your own script then go to ronpaul2008.com, and put in Ron Paul’s positions for each issue. Notice how I included “Republican Presidential contender”? Don’t let the voter forget he’s a Republican or running for President!

Also, always include the word “you” as much as possible so the voter sees the benefits that Ron Paul will bring.

Closing The Sell Of Ron Paul

At this point you have already told the voter how much they agree with Ron Paul. So, now they should be begging you to tell them how to vote for Paul.

You will close them by either telling the voter how to vote for Ron Paul or how to get more information on him (or maybe both).

Now, at this time you will ask the only “Yes” or “No” question during your time on the phone. “Will you vote for Ron Paul?” But, you will make it hard for them to say “No”. How you ask? By including a reason why they agree with Ron Paul in the question, for example:

“In order to save you money and eliminate the I.R.S. will you vote Ron Paul for President in the (their state) Republican primaries?”

If they answer “Yes” tell them exactly how to vote for him. Assume they know nothing. Tell them how to register, what day and time to vote, where to vote, how to walk or drive there, that they will need ID or a registration card, that they are voting Republican, that they are voting for U.S. President, etc.

Leave nothing to chance!

Also, give them www.ronpaul2008.com and 1-877-ron-paul and 1-877-766-7285 so they can get more information or donate.

If they answer “No” ask them why they are unsure, and tell them how Ron Paul will help them on the issues they are unsure of. Do not ask them if they will vote for Ron Paul again (only ask them once). Just give them www.ronpaul2008.com and 1-877-ron-paul and 1-877-766-7285 so they can get more information for themselves.

Always politely wish them a good day and never leave on bad terms. You can then follow up in a few days and ask them again if they will vote for Ron Paul. Maybe they are in a better mood and will vote for Paul.

P.S. Always expect the worst when cold-calling. It will be hard to convert noes into a yes, but make it a challenge. To help you succeed, try to make cold-calling both fun and rewarding.

P.P.S. Never forget that persistence is the key. If they say "No" the first time it doesn't mean the 3rd or 4th time they will also say "No". In Telemarketing the 1st time often gets no result, but continued contact with the customer increases the odds each time. Don't give up!

P.P.P.S. Always leave a message on the answering machine! You will plant a seed in their head about you and Ron Paul when you call back again.

Scott K
12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Example Cold-Call Script

Me: Hello, Joe Smith?

Voter: Yes…

Me: Good morning Mr. Smith, my name is Mr. John Doe, I’m volunteer for Republican Presidential contender Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only Presidential candidate who will save you thousands of dollars each year by eliminating the I.R.S, so you will have more money to spend each pay check.

What would happen to your lifestyle if never had to pay an income tax again?

Note: After the voter acknowledges themselves don’t let them say anything else until after you ask your first question. But, don’t rush either. Clearly speak all of your lines. Control it so they can only respond to the question.

Voter: I don’t like the idea of no income tax. I like paying for Medicare and the FBI because they are great!

Me: On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest, how would you rate our performance in the Iraq War?

Voter: Wow, where do I begin? I hate the war and I put it at a -100…no a -1000! We where lied into the war by an idiot President, and I want our troops home not now…but tomorrow.

Me: What is the biggest threat to your privacy from the government?

Voter: I like pie

Me: Tell me more about that.

Voter: Oh, I’m sorry my wife asked me a question. Yes, I have heard bad things about the Patriot Act, but I don’t know much about it. I also don’t like police check points.

Me: You said you like the income tax, but you don’t like the Iraq War or the Patriot Act.

Voter: Yes

Note: I will not talk to the voter again about income tax or the I.R.S. because they like it and I will not try to change their mind. But, I will reinforce how Ron Paul agrees with the voter on the war and the Patriot Act, and how Ron Paul benefits the voter.

Me: The Iraq War is being handled poorly, and Ron Paul understands this too. Ron Paul is the only Republican Presidential contender who wants to bring our troops home as fast and safety as possible. He doesn’t want another American or you to lose a brother, sister, son, daughter, or friend! He doesn’t want you to have to pay one more dime on war that isn’t worth fighting anymore.

Ron Paul wants peace with all nations, which will make you and your family safer. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again, and Republican Presidential contender Ron Paul is that leader!

Ron Paul is also against the Patriot Act because it hurts your privacy by expanding the federal government's ability to use wiretaps without judicial oversight. It allows nationwide search warrants non-specific to any given location, without any local judicial oversight. Also, it makes it far easier for the government to monitor private you internet usage.

Ron Paul is the only Republican Presidential contender who will help protect your privacy and your families.

In order to protect your privacy and repeal the Patriot Act will you vote Ron Paul for President in the Iowa Republican primaries?

Voter: I’m not sure at the moment, but I will defiantly look into him.

Me: What issues of Ron Paul are you unsure of?

Voter: I’d like to do my own research on him can you help me with that?

Me: Yes, do you have a pen and paper ready?

Voter: Yes

Me: Go to www dot ronpaul2008 dot com and browse around the website. But, I recommend you call the campaign office at (local campaign office number). Do you have any other questions?

Voter: No

Me: Thank you for your time Mr. Smith and don’t forget to call Republican Presidential contender Ron Paul’s campaign office at (local campaign office number) right after I get off the phone with you so you don’t forget.

Voter: Ok thanks

Me: Have a good night Mr. Smith!

Note: After 3 to 5 days I would call Mr. Smith back and ask him if his questions were answered. Then, I’d ask him again if he would vote for Ron Paul.

Driftar
12-22-2007, 09:19 PM
thanks for taking the time to post this :)