PDA

View Full Version : ATTN MEETUP GROUPS / ORGANIZERS: Ideas for Ron Paul March

Lucid American
12-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone,

There are a couple different concepts floating around brainstorming concepts for marches in support of Ron Paul.

With 80,000 some-odd meetup members nationwide, of course, the meetup groups will provide critical infrastructure for organizing the event(s), however it takes place.

The basic concept ideas follow:
1) One huge march on the national mall in Washington
- Date TBD based on maximum impact and media attention
- Goal to catch national spotlight in MSM by assembling the single largest body of support possible and produce widespread images of a sea of Paul supporters in our nation's capitol.

2) Bi-Coastal march on same day
- Basically the same as #1 above but giving the nation two choices out of convenience.
- Goal would be to improve supporter turnout by reducing logistical difficulties by attendees, and to inspire national and more localized coverage on both coasts.

3) National Freedom Day Nationwide March on Feb 1, 2008
- The Friday before Super Tuesday and also Ron & Carol's anniversary
- Veterans for Ron Paul march in D.C. PLUS everyone else marches in the state capitols of the 22 Super Tuesday states.
- Goal would be to maximize both national MSM and local media in the Super Tuesday states, while attempting to maximize supporter turnout with more localized marches and minimal logistical burdens to marchers. Another goal would be to follow rallies with massive weekend canvasing in state capitols and surrounding areas for one last blitz before Super Tuesday.

Lucid American
12-22-2007, 09:16 PM
There are very good arguments for each of them.

My own opinion is that the nationwide march on Feb 1 gives us the maximum time to plan for the optimal impact on the Super Tuesday primaries and probably gives the best platform to swell support just in time.

I definitely think the Feb 1 date makes the most sense for planning something big, because it falls 4 days before Super Tuesday, and the celebration of "National Freedom" is something we're all about.

That said, the Feb 1 date, being the weekend before Super Tuesday, could conflict with the last minute activities going on in the critical states if the massive march options were pursued.

I tend to think of massive march ideas in Washington (and maybe San Fran?) as being something perhaps after we've won the primary and are focused on the presidential election.

I strongly believe in option 3, but I'm getting on an ever-shortening leash at home, especially considering I will begin MBA classes in January. I have no skills in putting together a website and will soon have no time to coordinate it, so . . . I'm just throwing ideas out there.

parke
12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
If we are going to protest.. it should be done outside all the federal reserves. No matter what, I believe we need to unite and show the media just how big this thing is.

Ron Paul 2008!

Antonius Stone
12-22-2007, 09:19 PM
go to the second link in my sig for the biggest possible march we can hold. It is an Apolitical, nonpartisan march, but the turnout and the message made could still be huge

gct
12-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Check it out - we need more pledges. Spread the word. We can use this to organize other marches.

Lucid American
12-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Anyone? So can I assume all those who have read and not voted are voting "No march"?