PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul will lose in 2008

quickmike
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll tell you why............

The reason he is going to lose, is because most of you people come in here day in day out and talk about doing something, but never do it.

If each Ron Paul supporter just went to 100 homes, knocked on the door and handed out a flyer, we would pretty much cover everyone.

Unfortunately I guess not all Ron Paul supporters are willing to do this.

Thats why hes going to lose.

Mark my words people

Its about name recognition, and without it, you cant win.

I go to about 50 homes each day on the weekend and just knock, hand out a flyer and leave. If they want to talk, Ill talk more with them.

about 3 or 4 people out of 50 even know his name. The rest have no idea.

So every weekend, I make RP's name known to at least 100 people.

Unfortunately, not all of you are willing to do it, which sucks because its so easy.

Oh well, maybe in 2012.

ARealConservative
07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
most of us are at work right now.

nunaem
07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
You're absolutely right, most people live in the externet. I'm going to join a meetup group and get ahold of some flyers, I have too much free time now that i'm on summer vacation.

ARealConservative
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
quick suggestion:

I notice your town doesn't have a meetup group. You should consider starting one - and watch it grow as you pass out info.

Decatur, IL is over 100k population - plenty large enough to have a meetup group IMO.

Ronstock '08
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM

The reason he is going to lose, is because most of you people come in here day in day out and talk about doing something, but never do it.

If each Ron Paul supporter just went to 100 homes, knocked on the door and handed out a flyer, we would pretty much cover everyone.

Mark my words people

I go to about 50 homes each day on the weekend and just knock, hand out a flyer and leave. If they want to talk, Ill talk more with them.

Unfortunately, not all of you are willing to do it, which sucks because its so easy.

Oh well, maybe in 2012.

You are correct. As RP said in to supporters in Phoenix: "You are the campaign."

austin356
07-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I will add another reason we are going to lose:

I am the assistant organizer for the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa Meetup groups. With a combined headcount of 114.

I have been asking for donations to cover $500 worth of supplies for 3 weeks. I have only been given $200, and $90 of that was from the head organizer!! Hell I have zero money and a negative bank account right now and I am footing the rest of the bill. There is something wrong with that.

If you cannot spare $10 to send a college student who is organizing this and trying to order campaign materials, then my God, We dont deserve to have Ron Paul elected.

PM me if anyone is so generous as to help me spread the Ron Paul word in Alabama a state with the first major straw poll in the south (7 days after Iowa).

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM

I am the assistant organizer for the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa Meetup groups. With a combined headcount of 114.

I have been asking for donations to cover $500 worth of supplies for 3 weeks. I have only been given $200, and $90 of that was from the head organizer!! Hell I have zero money and a negative bank account right now and I am footing the rest of the bill. There is something wrong with that.

If you cannot spare $10 to send a college student who is organizing this and trying to order campaign materials, then my God, We dont deserve to have Ron Paul elected.

PM me if anyone is so generous as to help me spread the Ron Paul word in Alabama a state with the first major straw poll in the south (7 days after Iowa).

Maybe you should ping them and explain things a little to your group.

Aborell
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
thanks for these posts guys they really help

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 03:50 PM

Mark my words people

Oh well, maybe in 2012.

I agree with you a little.. This is why I am pushing forward and buying pole signs and banners because it is easy to get in the habit of just saying what we are gonna do, rather than do it.

We need to really excite people and be a little more vocal in our 'needs' for donations etc....

also, as someone suggested..... create a meetup group in your area.. and how are those signs coming along?

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Why not ask forum members here for some donations? Some of us would be pleased to help.

Wyurm
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Look, I come here for ideas, support, and now that I'm a meetup organizer I also come for that. However I'm seeing more and more highly negative posts on this forum. I appreciate your concern that people aren't doing enough. I appreciate your belief that you fully understand everyone's situation and that just because people are here, you have to tell them to get to work. But you guys need to make this negativity stop. This forum should be a tool for helping RP get elected, not for you to berate your fellow campaigners or tell them they arent doing enough.

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Look, I come here for ideas, support, and now that I'm a meetup organizer I also come for that. However I'm seeing more and more highly negative posts on this forum. I appreciate your concern that people aren't doing enough. I appreciate your belief that you fully understand everyone's situation and that just because people are here, you have to tell them to get to work. But you guys need to make this negativity stop. This forum should be a tool for helping RP get elected, not for you to berate your fellow campaigners or tell them they arent doing enough.

I agree with this too!!!!!!

Perhaps a better title could have been "How to motivate my meetup members to donate more"

I am actually becoming MORE involved............ you gotta keep trucking, and keeping the momentum..

rp08rp
07-09-2007, 04:04 PM
1: If you know anyone on a MAIN ROAD, INTERSECTION, get them to put RP signs up ASAP

2: BUY THESE IF YOU CAN, 3 WEEKS SHIPPED, AND DRIVE AROUND TRAFFIC OR SIT IN PLAZAS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Backlit-Car-Top-Sign-Ron-Paul-For-President-Free-s-h_W0QQitemZ280132780722QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20946QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cant "Take the Republic Back" sitting on our arses!!

Think and ACT

Cheers

Bruehound
07-09-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't consider this a negative post.

Mike is giving a little tough love and I agree. Direct human interaction is the bread and butter of political campaigns. Always has been and always will be.

BravoSix
07-09-2007, 04:07 PM
2: BUY THESE IF YOU CAN, 3 WEEKS SHIPPED, AND DRIVE AROUND TRAFFIC OR SIT IN PLAZAS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Backlit-Car-Top-Sign-Ron-Paul-For-President-Free-s-h_W0QQitemZ280132780722QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20946QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just FYI, in some states those may be illegal. I can only speak for certain about Pennsylvania, but I can assure you that lighted signs are unlawful in PA unless you're a taxi. I suspect other states may have similar laws.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just pointing out the factso that no one is surprised when they are stopped and cited.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 04:11 PM
You're absolutely right, most people live in the externet. I'm going to join a meetup group and get ahold of some flyers, I have too much free time now that i'm on summer vacation.

In the meantime, you can print some off here:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/

Lesgov
07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I see where you're coming from because some on here registered about the same time I did and they now have up around a thousand post. Don't try to buttonhole though, some may be shut ins, some have no transportation, etc. I think you're doing great, just keep on keeping on, and try not to look back at others. Pretend we're all breathing down your neck trying to reach the next person before you do. This is not a marathon, this is a race, and it will be over soon. We will soon see just how much we have accomplished.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I see where you're coming from because some on here registered about the same time I did and they now have up around a thousand post. Don't try to buttonhole though, some may be shut ins, some have no transportation, etc. I think you're doing great, just keep on keeping on, and try not to look back at others. Pretend we're all breathing down your neck trying to reach the next person before you do. This is not a marathon, this is a race, and it will be over soon. We will soon see just how much we have accomplished.

Dear Lesgov, since you posted this right after my post, I will take a guess you are referring to someone like me. For your information, I am recovering from a bad back injury and cannot walk at all. I however am doing what I can to help and have donated over $1200 to Ron Paul's campaign, thus far; not to mention financially supporting other people's efforts.

So, with all due respect, stick it in your ear! :mad:

Lesgov
07-09-2007, 04:32 PM
No I did not single you out Liberty, and if you read the post completely you will see I did not single anyone out. I'm saying we all have to do what we can do, sounds like you are doing that.

Avalon
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Guys guys guys! We're on the same team here. I know this whole campaign is emotionally charged for all of us, but let's get back on track, stop with the petty infighting, and negativity (especially in thread titles) in general. If you don't think you can do that, I suggest you take a breather and come back later.

ronpaulitician
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Don't just ask for donations. Purchase the materials, then sell them to your meetup members at cost. Ask them for donations in addition to that money, so that you can buy more supplies next time.

I bought about $200 worth of supplies with my own money. After the first meetup, I had sold about 2/3 of the supplies and took in about $300. I then bought about $700 worth of supplies. I actually handed those supplies over to someone else, but he said he sold about half of it for about $500. I'm down about $100, but we still have about $400 worth of materials to distribute, and I was able to buy bulk to drive the per-item cost down.

shrugged0106
07-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Lets simply use The secret (Law of attraction) and understand that regardless of posts on here, our actions will bring Dr. Paul's message to the only rational and logical solution....complete and utter victory.

there, no more debate needed!

Now go drink some pickle juice and tackle the damned competition team!

quickmike
07-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Look guys, Its simple........

Im not here to make you mad. Im here to explain why his name recognition is at about 3-4%, thats all. The reason his name is at that percentage is obvious.

If every single Ron Paul supporter simply went out and distributed 100 flyers with the issues and his record in it, door to door, there would be millions and millions of people who would know who he was, and the polls wouldnt show him with name recognition of 4%.

Obviously that is not the case, so clearly what im suggesting is not being done.

Is there anything as simple as getting 100 flyers and handing them out?

Thats all it would take, and its just frustrating knowing this simple solution is not being carried out.

You dont have to be in a meetup group to do this, but its not a bad idea to join one just to meet other supporters.

Individuals will do their part, otherwise its a lost cause.

Sorry if im making anyone mad

Thanks

ThePieSwindler
07-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Just FYI, in some states those may be illegal. I can only speak for certain about Pennsylvania, but I can assure you that lighted signs are unlawful in PA unless you're a taxi. I suspect other states may have similar laws.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just pointing out the factso that no one is surprised when they are stopped and cited.

How do your pizza delivery boys fair? :p

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Mike,

There's no reason to apologize for what you said. You're absolutely right. Either we put our money and our actions where our mouths are, or we have no one to blame but ourselves, if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.

klamath
07-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Look guys, Its simple........

Im not here to make you mad. Im here to explain why his name recognition is at about 3-4%, thats all. The reason his name is at that percentage is obvious.

If every single Ron Paul supporter simply went out and distributed 100 flyers with the issues and his record in it, door to door, there would be millions and millions of people who would know who he was, and the polls wouldnt show him with name recognition of 4%.

Obviously that is not the case, so clearly what im suggesting is not being done.

Is there anything as simple as getting 100 flyers and handing them out?

Thats all it would take, and its just frustrating knowing this simple solution is not being carried out.

You dont have to be in a meetup group to do this, but its not a bad idea to join one just to meet other supporters.

Individuals will do their part, otherwise its a lost cause.

Sorry if im making anyone mad

Thanks

I hear where you are coming from. Everyone I talk to say, Ron Who? His name recognition is tiny right now. For one time in my life I am disgruntled about where I live. My nearest neighbor is seven miles away. I am having a hell of a time walking door to door.:(

BravoSix
07-09-2007, 04:55 PM
How do your pizza delivery boys fair? :p

Ya know, I doubt it is related as most people are unaware of such an obscure law, but I don't ever recall seeing a lighted sign on top of pizza delivery cars, now that you mention it.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Mike,

There's no reason to apologize for what you said. You're absolutely right. Either we put our money and our actions where our mouths are, or we have no one to blame but ourselves, if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.

Yeah,

Its just frustrating to know that such a simple action of 100 flyers per person would do it.

Thats all it would take to get his name recognition up in the high 90% range, nothing more would need to be done as far as name recognition, thats it.

Not a guarantee they would agree with him, but at least the name would be known.

Akus
07-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Mark my words people

Oh well, maybe in 2012.

Quickmike, I thought this was yet another whine about "wasted vote", but I was wrong. And I agree with you one thousand percent. I am a walking Ron Paul billboard. I bought a t-shirt, which i make sure to put on if in public, and just recently got another one. My car is a Ron Paul billboard also, it has a bumper sticker. Plus I've donated $2300 to Ron Paul campaign.

I tell everyone I know about Ron Paul. I do the most I can.

Would it kill anyone to stick a Ron Paul sticker on their car?
Would it kill anyone to always wear nothing but Ron Paul gear?
Would it really kill anyone to max out that credit card and donate $2300?
All it takes is an effort, and not even a giant one, just a little one.

After all this is serious.... right?

Giuliani was there on 911
07-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I live in a state that doesn't hold primaries until like the middle of 2008 so it would be pointless for me to go door to door campaigning now

quickmike
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Quickmike, I thought this was yet another whine about "wasted vote", but I was wrong. And I agree with you one thousand percent. I am a walking Ron Paul billboard. I bought a t-shirt, which i make sure to put on if in public, and just recently got another one. My car is a Ron Paul billboard also, it has a bumper sticker. Plus I've donated $2300 to Ron Paul campaign.

I tell everyone I know about Ron Paul. I do the most I can.

Would it kill anyone to stick a Ron Paul sticker on their car?
Would it kill anyone to always wear nothing but Ron Paul gear?
Would it really kill anyone to max out that credit card and donate $2300?
All it takes is an effort, and not even a giant one, just a little one.

After all this is serious.... right?

I agree 2000% with ya there buddy.

Like I said before, if each and every Ron Paul supporter simply got 100 flyers and went door to door, and didn NOTHING else ever, just that one action, RP recognition would be way over 80%.

Thats why its frustrating for me.

Sure there are shut ins and things like that, but im not talking about them, im talking about people with two legs who can walk a few blocks and have 2 hands and a mouth who can hand out a flyer. I just dont get it, and so far nobody is giving a reason why this isnt being done.

Ok, Ill shut up about this now LOL

Avalon
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Quickmike, you're not making me mad, but when I get home from work I log on to these forums to see what's happening. Usually there is some good or interesting news which not only gives me a rush, but also things to mention to friends, coworkers, and family. While I agree with your basic message, I think keeping our perspective positive is necessary to keep us motivated and eminate the confidence we need to.

I have not yet gone door to door. I hope to do so this weekend after my meetup group meets for the first time this week. I'd prefer to have some organization so we don't hit the same houses multiple times and I'd like to flesh out our approach, standardize it, and keep track of useful data. For instance, I'd like to keep track of perceived sentiment, who to come back to (either myself or assign someone else who might click more with the person), who to get a DVD for etc. Even perhaps topics (either personal or political) to bring up next time I talk to the person (record name). I'd like to work out all these details with other members and keep it organized.

I can promise you if this campaign keeps going I will personally talk to 500 people this summer and will aim for 1000. And I will be rounding them up come primary time.

mconder
07-09-2007, 05:17 PM
What the hell kind of post is this? Does this serve a purpose? Is it supposed to inspire anyone? Why don't you rename the thread to "Why Ron Paul is Going to Slay in 2008!!! This thread is seriously lame.

If the same thing is happing in my Meetup in other Meetups across the country, he is going to slay in 2008. People are on the ground working. We have people here in my city who pretty much give all of their free time and discretionary income to Ron Paul, so don't make it seem like there are not people out here willing to give their very lives for this purpose.

For all those who clicked into this thread, don't feed into the negativity. We need to do all we can and after that, it's up to God. Even if he is not elected, this is the best thing that has happened to this country in a long time!

quickmike
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
What the hell kind of post is this? Does this serve a purpose? Is it supposed to inspire anyone? Why don't you rename the thread to "Why Ron Paul is Going to Slay in 2008!!! This thread is seriously lame.

If the same thing is happing in my Meetup in other Meetups across the country, he is going to slay in 2008. People are on the ground working. We have people here in my city who pretty much give all of their free time and discretionary income to Ron Paul, so don't make it seem like there are not people out here willing to give their very lives for this purpose.

For all those who clicked into this thread, don't feed into the negativity. We need to do all we can and after that, it's up to God. Even if he is not elected, this is the best thing that has happened to this country in a long time!

No, its not here to inspire anyone. RP should be the inspiration.

Im speaking to the thousand that arent doing anything, and I know they are out there. If they were, name recognition wouldnt be 4%, thats all im saying.

maybe I can make a few people mad enough to prove me wrong............ that would be nice :)

Nice job by the way with the Meetup group............ more people should be active.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I think he's speaking to the reality of the situation and personally, I don't find it defeatist at all. In fact, I'm trying to figure out right now how I can do more than what I'm doing. I found what Mike said to be inspiring, because he is reminding us what we all have to do if we expect the good doctor to get the Republican nomination. It's the truth. We all know it. So, let's get to it and make it happen.

We have one shot at this and I for one, don't want to look back and smack myself wishing I had done more. I seriously do not think we will have a country much longer if we don't get this man elected. Plus, the sad thing is that I honestly don't think either Hillary or Obama would stand a chance against him in the general election. The Republican nomination is our biggest fight and WE CAN WIN IT, if all of us put everything we have into this fight.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Look, I know alot of you are out there doing something, so im not talking about you. Im talking to the ones who arent, and you know who you are .....LOL

No more talk
No more high foloutin schemes to get him on MSM

Just get out there......... on foot....... block by block and hand stuff out.

Just do it!!!!

If im pissing ya off.......... good......... make me wrong in 2008

paulitics
07-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Look, I know alot of you are out there doing something, so im not talking about you. Im talking to the ones who arent, and you know who you are .....LOL

No more talk
No more high foloutin schemes to get him on MSM

Just get out there......... on foot....... block by block and hand stuff out.

Just do it!!!!

If im pissing ya off.......... good......... make me wrong in 2008

I agree with most of what you are saying, however, I disagree with our efforts to get him mainstream exposure being futile. We were able to get him on the Daily Show and Colbert Report Those are just 2 examples that I know of that paid off well and I remember the digg articles that were effective in rallying support to this cause. If the biggest problem is not enough exposure from the media, it would make sense to work harder in getting him better exposure, not give up.

Grassroots, although vitaly important, will not get him there alone. Unfortunately people still take their cue from the media on what to think, and if there was a complete media blackout his credibility would be questioned. Today, it takes a combination of both. And I believe if we are passionate with any action we take, we will be succesful. And to be blunt, not everyone is good at interacting with people. However, posting signs up, decorating your car, giving money to the campaign is all something we should all be doing. And for that, there is no excuse. But, good points overall and I agree with 90% of your message.

ARealConservative
07-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I get it now. QuickMike is Gym TeacherMike.

He's like the football coach that spits while he yells. The Bill Parcells of grassroots activism.

Works for me.

Some guy asked why he needs to do anything with his state not being in play until next year. This is horrible thinking!

1) Regardless of where you live You are in play for National Polls, and we need to see a rise in those numbers

2) Money. We need money - from any state. From all states.

3) More activists. You need to build a group of activists. You are fortunate to have the time to organize. Use it wisely.

Libertas
07-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Quickmike - you are absolutely right.

I had an idea about this the other day - I posted it in this thread:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?&t=6413

Let me know what you think.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Quickmike - you are absolutely right.

I had an idea about this the other day - I posted it in this thread:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?&t=6413

Let me know what you think.

not a bad idea at all.

Maybe have somewhere on the site that youre talking about where someone can enter their name and town once they get a flyer, and have that count as a point. Makes people feel they are part of something, and when they see others in their town listed on the site, that will help with them feeling connected to something local.

Its your idea though, and I think you have a great idea.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I get it now. QuickMike is Gym TeacherMike.

He's like the football coach that spits while he yells. The Bill Parcells of grassroots activism.

Works for me.

Some guy asked why he needs to do anything with his state not being in play until next year. This is horrible thinking!

1) Regardless of where you live You are in play for National Polls, and we need to see a rise in those numbers

2) Money. We need money - from any state. From all states.

3) More activists. You need to build a group of activists. You are fortunate to have the time to organize. Use it wisely.

:D thats awesome!!!! gym teacher mike........ has a nice ring to it LOL

Sorry if im seeming harsh, but I think its really important that Ron Paul gets as good a chance as we can give him.

Hes out there every day doing it and being told from all the naysayers that he doesnt have a chance. And many of us sit here and whine "well some people arent good at talking to people" Well damn, if that was the only obstacle Ron Paul had in his way, hed be president for sure. Just say hi, hand them the flyer and say that you are a supporter and want everyone to see what hes all about.

Akus
07-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Quick, i'd door to door it, but I just don't want cops harassing me about some bullshit. If you do this, good for you. I try to do my part, too.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Quick, i'd door to door it, but I just don't want cops harassing me about some bullshit. If you do this, good for you. I try to do my part, too.

thats all we can do, just our little part. Add all those parts together, and you have a pretty big part. :D

mport1
07-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes it seems like a lot of people talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. My Meetup has 300 people, but the events I've been to since I've joined barely have anybody showing up.

Ron Paul will lose if YOU don't do something.

Mom4Ron
07-09-2007, 09:38 PM
1: If you know anyone on a MAIN ROAD, INTERSECTION, get them to put RP signs up ASAP

Cant "Take the Republic Back" sitting on our arses!!

Think and ACT

Cheers

I would LOVE to have one of those! I'll give you $105.00 for one and send the other 50 to the campaign.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes it seems like a lot of people talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. My Meetup has 300 people, but the events I've been to since I've joined barely have anybody showing up.

Ron Paul will lose if YOU don't do something.

Ive heard alot of stories like that, and thats a big part of why I have posted this thread.

Meetups can be good things. Ive seen alot of good come out of them.
I havent joined one, but I have been busy on my own hitting the streets, door to door with flyers.

Im seriously thinking about starting a meetup, because if people are motivated, it has its advantages. As you pointed out though, if youre not motivated in the first place, a meetup group wont do any good.

I think my main message right from the beginning in a Meetup group will be " Im hoping that all of you that join will be active in it, because thats what this is about. If you dont plan on coming to any of the meetups, you might just want to stay at home" or something to that effect. Dont want to sound harsh about it, but make it clear that this meetup group isnt just a joke to join to make you feel like you are "part" of something. It is about DOING and not talking about doing.

I'll try my best to weed out the people that are just "joiners" but do it in a way that doesnt come off as harsh or dominating like "gym teacher mike" LOL

Its just that I have a business to run during the weekdays, and have no time for dicking around with people who arent serious about it. If im going to use all my free time off of work to do this, I would expect the same from everyone else.

Mom4Ron
07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
A suggestion to meetup leaders who are having trouble with donations...

Perhaps if, instead of asking your members to donate money, why not ask them to donate supplies.

I would be all for purchasing supplies if a list of needs was made available, but remember, you're dealing with a bunch of people who are familiar with the internet and are wary of people asking for money, no matter the cause.

I don't intend to sound rude so please don't take it that way.

Suzu
07-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't consider this a negative post.

Mike is giving a little tough love and I agree. Direct human interaction is the bread and butter of political campaigns. Always has been and always will be.

The title is negative. But the post is a kick in the butt.

It just makes me sad that I cannot do more. I am disabled and live alone, don't know many people and my cupboards are often bare because my income is around $9k/year, I'm deep in debt, my teeth are in bad shape (no insurance) and my car has been broke down for a long time (can't afford repairs).

Still, I make a point of talking to at least one person every day about Ron Paul. Thank goodness I was trained in cold-calling and am not shy with strangers!

I focus on people who are exposed to a lot of other people, like store clerks, postal workers, real estate agents, social workers, health professionals, insurance agents, etc. I can't afford flyers but I leave them with a Ron Paul business card - someone sent me a box of 500.

I send emails out to many people and keep up with campaign activities as best I can. I made a website with a grassroots campaign workers forum. I would like to have a meetup group but the fee is prohibitive for me. There are at least half a dozen people in my small town who would join a meetup right off the bat, and many many more potentially would join, also from surrounding towns.

Everyone I talk to, every single one, so far has been very receptive to the Ron Paul message. I talk much better than I write. I'd like to organize "town hall" type meetings here and tell everyone about Ron Paul, but I can't do it alone and with zero money. I spend far too much time trying to keep my grass cut short enough (to avoid being fined by the city) using a weed-whacker hand tool, my hands are always blistered and I'm always very tired from doing that and not eating enough.

I will keep doing all I can and then some. I sent $35 to the campaign last month - had to fast completely for a week to make up for it. I figure if we don't get Ron Paul elected we might as well get used to the idea of living under a Nazi-style military dictatorship.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 10:26 PM
The title is negative. But the post is a kick in the butt.

It just makes me sad that I cannot do more. I am disabled and live alone, don't know many people and my cupboards are often bare because my income is around $9k/year, I'm deep in debt, my teeth are in bad shape (no insurance) and my car has been broke down for a long time (can't afford repairs).

Still, I make a point of talking to at least one person every day about Ron Paul. Thank goodness I was trained in cold-calling and am not shy with strangers!

I focus on people who are exposed to a lot of other people, like store clerks, postal workers, real estate agents, social workers, health professionals, insurance agents, etc. I can't afford flyers but I leave them with a Ron Paul business card - someone sent me a box of 500.

I send emails out to many people and keep up with campaign activities as best I can. I made a website with a grassroots campaign workers forum. I would like to have a meetup group but the fee is prohibitive for me. There are at least half a dozen people in my small town who would join a meetup right off the bat, and many many more potentially would join, also from surrounding towns.

Everyone I talk to, every single one, so far has been very receptive to the Ron Paul message. I talk much better than I write. I'd like to organize "town hall" type meetings here and tell everyone about Ron Paul, but I can't do it alone and with zero money. I spend far too much time trying to keep my grass cut short enough (to avoid being fined by the city) using a weed-whacker hand tool, my hands are always blistered and I'm always very tired from doing that and not eating enough.

I will keep doing all I can and then some. I sent $35 to the campaign last month - had to fast completely for a week to make up for it. I figure if we don't get Ron Paul elected we might as well get used to the idea of living under a Nazi-style military dictatorship.

Wow........... nobody can say that youre not doing your part !

If all Ron Paul supporters had your dedication, he would win in a landslide.

DeadheadForPaul
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
. I sent $35 to the campaign last month - had to fast completely for a week to make up for it.

Next time you want to donate but can't, send me a pm and I will put up the money. I dont want anyone putting off food or anything like that in order to support the campaign. You've got a heart of gold and you're the reason why Ron Paul will win

Ponce
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Austin? you have pm.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
This video sums it all up:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K92OVFeGgIE

mconder
07-09-2007, 10:48 PM
maybe I can make a few people mad enough to prove me wrong

Well, you got me mad enough. I immediately left my house after posting that reply and passed out a couple hundred fliers and put up some posters for an upcoming Who is Ron Paul Meeting. Keep pissing me off. It's working.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
maybe I can make a few people mad enough to prove me wrong

Well, you got me mad enough. I immediately left my house after posting that reply and passed out a couple hundred fliers and put up some posters for an upcoming Who is Ron Paul Meeting. Keep pissing me off. It's working.

I stand corrected.

ThePieSwindler
07-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah quickmike f***you, and you too suzu. Its all your fault for riling me up! Damn you all now im both pissed and in tears - pissed at myself. They need to do a news segment on suzu and show how dedicated Ron Paul supporters are and how they will give life and limb for their freedoms and what they believe in - thats shit people should care about, not this bullshit paris hilton garbage. Then maybe the yuppies and sheeple and ignorant will wake up and listen and realize that there is truly hope for america and beauty in the world and that we need, desperately, to elect Ron, save our country, our children, our futures. We need to get the message out, we need to expose and take out evil and corruption, we need to fight the good fight for the good Doctor. First thing im doing whe ni get my debit card next week is buying Ron paul tshits, signs, banners, and going berzerk. Im donating most if not all of my graduation money to the campaign (about 500 bucks), joining my meetup in activities(which has been very active, had a booth at an event called jesusfest), talking to every friend i can think of, etc. Need to convert my neocon dad too...

But godDAMN this thread got me fired up, and Suzu's post brought me to TEARS. MOTHERFUCKING TEARS DAMNIT1!11!!!!1! (scuse the language)

PS im taking pics to prove this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quickmike
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah quickmike f***you, and you too suzu. Its all your fault for riling me up! Damn you all now im both pissed and in tears - pissed at myself. They need to do a news segment on suzu and show how dedicated Ron Paul supporters are and how they will give life and limb for their freedoms and what they believe in - thats shit people should care about, not this bullshit paris hilton garbage. Then maybe the yuppies and sheeple and ignorant will wake up and listen and realize that there is truly hope for america and beauty in the world and that we need, desperately, to elect Ron, save our country, our children, our futures. We need to get the message out, we need to expose and take out evil and corruption, we need to fight the good fight for the good Doctor. First thing im doing whe ni get my debit card next week is buying Ron paul tshits, signs, banners, and going berzerk. Im donating most if not all of my graduation money to the campaign (about 500 bucks), joining my meetup in activities(which has been very active, had a booth at an event called jesusfest), talking to every friend i can think of, etc. Need to convert my neocon dad too...

But godDAMN this thread got me fired up, and Suzu's post brought me to TEARS. MOTHERFUCKING TEARS DAMNIT1!11!!!!1! (scuse the language)

PS im taking pics to prove this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what its all about brother

torchbearer
07-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I bought some more gun oil today. Sometimes saying the insane makes sense.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I bought some more gun oil today. Sometimes saying the insane makes sense.

Yeah, I know what ya mean.

Chickens........ delicious chickens

peruvianRP
07-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I just sign up to meetup in my county and i'm free for the next 2 months. My family left the country for vaca so I can spend lots of time with the meet up team.