PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will win by a landslide

peter_lifton
12-22-2007, 06:44 PM
USA Daily breaks it down:

Analysis/Opinion-Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman, Ron Paul, can win the presidency. Contrary to the pundits and media propaganda, Ron Paul is best positioned to win the GOP nomination.

To get an idea of how strong Paul’s support is consider this. Ron Paul received donations from over 123,000 people this quarter. If one out of 100 voters donate to a presidential candidate that means Paul has the support of over 12 million primary voters.

<more>
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=207908

Duckman
12-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I think Ron Paul's people have a higher chance of donating to their candidate than the other guys. We have furvor, they don't. Not saying he won't win, just saying it's no reason to get complacent.

DealzOnWheelz
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
i hope all of that is reality

IChooseLiberty
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I think Ron Paul's people have a higher chance of donating to their candidate than the other guys. We have furvor, they don't. Not saying he won't win, just saying it's no reason to get complacent.

I was thinking this same thing... keep fighting the fight!!!

z7trance
12-22-2007, 06:58 PM
well written.. but it makes the assumption that the grassroots will continue on as it has and never give up, which hopefully is the case.

Corydoras
12-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Another weakness is:

Paul is unique among GOP candidates because his support is national. He can compete in every state.

On the contrary, not having a really obvious regional strength is one of my worries about this campaign. Perot ran something like 19% nationally but did not pick up one delegate because of this.

voytechs
12-22-2007, 07:12 PM
People are just waking up in masses. I have met several people who discovered Ron Paul recently and converted their entire families and basically started sending info about Ron Paul to their entire address books. Ron Paul is going viral. The ads, our money bombs are absolutely essential to bring RP in the spotlight.

Dave Pedersen
12-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Surprising this writer gets it so early, even before most of the grassroots.

He is absolutely right.

Landslide like this country has never seen.

richk
12-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I'd bet my paycheck that the 1 to 100 ratio, with respect to Paul, is nowhere near accurate. I have never donated to a campaign before Dr. Paul, and many other people will tell you the same. I won't even fathom a guess what the ratio is, but it's <1 to 100.

Let's be realistic, lest you will really be in for a HUGE letdown.

peter_lifton
12-22-2007, 07:29 PM

If we have a higher percentage of supporters donating then don't we have a higher percentage voting in the primaries as well? I think these two outliers will cancel each other out.

OferNave
12-22-2007, 07:30 PM
We don't need the 1 to 100 ratio to win. Even if we have 10 voters for every donor, we'd sweep the country.

What I want to know is - is USA Daily a major news outlet? Does it get any respect? Can we capitalize on this story?

IChooseLiberty
12-22-2007, 07:31 PM
If we have a higher percentage of supporters donating then don't we have a higher percentage voting in the primaries as well?

YES!!!! :D This is why the strawpolls mean more. Those people made the effort to vote.

richk
12-22-2007, 07:35 PM
YES!!!! :D This is why the strawpolls mean more. Those people made the effort to vote.

Yes but so many of the voting population will vote on name recognition, looks, one-liner retorts, etc. They are not well-informed of the issues and their importance. It's still a popularity contest. Hard to overcome that.

asmartchimp
12-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Umm, no.

Mike S.
12-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Hope he's right!
Keep in mind this is a very conservative paper. Columnists include Buchanan and Ollie North.

If we all keep up the hard work and spread the word, we can make this happen as he predicted.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-22-2007, 07:37 PM
If we have a higher percentage of supporters donating then don't we have a higher percentage voting in the primaries as well?

Someone needs to take a math class.

q_castic
12-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I believe this is likely.

richk
12-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Umm, no.

Ummm, yes. If you think Paul is going to win in a landslide, you probably need to lay off the Kool-aid. :D

Duckman
12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
well written.. but it makes the assumption that the grassroots will continue on as it has and never give up, which hopefully is the case.

I'm not giving up.

smartguy911
12-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Recent commentaries and political talk have mentioned the possibility of a brokered convention. This is an early admission by pundits that Ron Paul can’t be stopped, and a hope that he won’t have 50% of the delegates allowing his opponents to broker a deal to deny him the nomination.

what is the writer talking about here? can somebody provide more info. thanks