PDA

View Full Version : We ought to do something charitable

Dan D.
12-22-2007, 06:21 PM
And I mean besides working to ensure the freedom and liberty of all Americans; seems some people resent that.

Strictly volunteer of course, but I think as many of us as possible should all work together on a big charitable project. Maybe a mass Habitat for Humanity day, or something that demonstrates Paul's vision of foreign policy, like a mass donation to the Heifer project or something similar.

We do it not just for the PR value (but that too), but also to demonstrate that there are enough good people out there that liberty can work on practical grounds.

Thoughts?

InRonWeTrust
12-22-2007, 06:23 PM
What ever happened to my Operation Shovel That Driveway thread? :)

Mark
12-22-2007, 06:41 PM
And I mean besides working to ensure the freedom and liberty of all Americans; seems some people resent that.

Strictly volunteer of course, but I think as many of us as possible should all work together on a big charitable project. Maybe a mass Habitat for Humanity day, or something that demonstrates Paul's vision of foreign policy, like a mass donation to the Heifer project or something similar.

We do it not just for the PR value (but that too), but also to demonstrate that there are enough good people out there that liberty can work on practical grounds.

Thoughts?

GREAT idea, but, "good luck".

I've been trying to get people to be charitable to my church for a while now. No takers.

The donations are even tax deductible. I've got a ton of ideas on how to help. Can't get any support.

I'd love to run an ad showing Lobbyist contributions and who gets them and from whom. Dr Paul is the only one that shows ZERO DOLLARS.

Can't do it myself. My church can.

I can even accept donations from people outside the U.S. who can't donate to the campaign.

I see them say they want to all the time. I offer the opportunity. No takers.

People in the U.S. ask for ways they can help the campaign after reaching the $2300 limit.

I offer them an opportunity. They remain silent. --->Please Help Our Church (http://markcahall.chipin.com/my-church)

LibertyEagle
12-22-2007, 06:44 PM
People in the U.S. ask for ways they can help the campaign after reaching the $2300 limit.

I offer them an opportunity. They remain silent.

I'm sorry, Mark. I am maxed out, but the only "charity" that I am interested in giving to right now is to specific, targeted, grassroots efforts to get our liberty restored in this country. If we manage to do that, this will be the greatest act any of us can do for our fellow countrymen.

Mark
12-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry, Mark. I am maxed out, but the only "charity" that I am interested in giving to right now is to specific, targeted, grassroots efforts to get our liberty restored in this country. If we manage to do that, this will be the greatest act any of us can do for our fellow countrymen.

That's okay LE, you're only one of many. ;)

However, I have targeted efforts too. I'm in the "grassroots" too. I work my head off too. For no pay just like many.

Except to see: ---> "Ron Paul POTUS"

I just happen to believe that not all "grassroots efforts" have to specifically endorse Ron.

Sometimes it's best, and less intrusive, to just present the information, and let people come to their own conclusion.

And Lord knows, sometimes it Blesses God to contribute to His Work in this world.

And sometimes it blesses the person who's helping God in His work.

Everyone will have the opportunity to explain to Jesus why they didn't help our Church. Even though He asked for it through me.

Bryan
12-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Here's a project sub-forum that may be of interest:

January 5th Charity Event
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238

:)

Cimbri
12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Ever since Ron Paul mentioned the Shriners hospital I have seen them airing commercials on the cable news channels. If we really think that the government health programs should be cut back then we also have to show the public at large that we still care about those who need help. We have to set a good example as supporters of Ron Paul to bring his vision to the public. I hope many here think the govenment is the problem and not the very human urge to help the helpless. It will show all those who fear the cut backs that we not only care about liberty but humanity also.

Mark
12-22-2007, 07:52 PM
You know what's really pitiful:

36 views - 6 replies - thread title:

"We ought to do something charitable"

5000 views - 172 replies - thread title:

"You might be a Ron Paul junkie if..."

Words escape me.

Cimbri
12-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Mark

Do you think we should set up a webpage with charitable links that fulfill the vision of this great movement. Then have a banner added to the grassroots sites to help direct people to the charities that could help fill in the gaps that the govenment can not and will not be able to afford in the future.

Mark
12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
15,800 views - 315 replies - thread title:

"Ron just owned Huckabee on Fox"

Mark
12-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Mark

Do you think we should set up a webpage with charitable links that fulfill the vision of this great movement. Then have a banner added to the grassroots sites to help direct people to the charities that could help fill in the gaps that the govenment can not and will not be able to afford in the future.

I think that's imperative Cimbri. Absolutely imperative. (Absolutely absolutely necessary)

We need to help explain HOW Ron can eliminate so many bloated, inefficient programs.

Like Ron says, when he was in training to be a Medical Doctor, very few if any went without help
because people helped each other. Many hospital's were run by charities, and treated the indigent for no cost.

Years ago, the reason I bought the domain name TheNeed.org, was to create a type of "clearinghouse" of charities.

A place where people could go to find out where to help. Categorized by subject.

I started to go to college to learn web design, but 9/11, and the toll it took on my meager stock market investments,
put that plan on hold. I was trying to make an average of $25-50/day to support myself while in school,
( I can live easily on $700-800/month - no wife - no kids )
and I was doing it too, until 9/11 caused such a stockmarket crash. I had to meet margin calls, it did me in.
I had to drop out of school and go right back to work.

But, there was hope in the near future, at least in terms of finances, my dad had Alzheimer's, fading fast, I didn't want him to go,
but I knew he would, and that he wouldn't want to live that way anyway.

Turns out, my sister gained legal Power of Attorney, sold his house, bought herself a new one,
along with various toys for herself and my brother. (thanks family)

Cost me probably $70,000-80,000, and a new start in life. My dad died in Nov. 2003. It's still not settled.

I have nothing. My total worth is probably $1000 if that. Depends on what I could sell a few things for.
You know what I've eaten the last 2 days? Spaghetti, with some ketchup I had for sauce.
Before that, it's been Ramen noodles with canned vegatables added. Pretty much a feast for me lately.

But, it's all okay. Jesus is my best friend, and He always has been, ever since I can remember. He takes care of me when I need it.

I just know that God's given this country and world one more chance. His name is Ron Paul.

"Woe unto the world, for what is to come upon it". A message from Almighty God if Ron Paul isn't elected.

So yeah, I've got a domain name ready to go. TheNeed.org.

We need to show people how to care again. How to "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

Maybe then they'll understand what Ron is trying to say. No IRS. More money in pocket.
More money in pocket, more money to help others. More helping others. Less big, wasteful, inefficient Government.

I have a nonprofit Organization to do it through.

I even have a hosting account ready to go. I just maxed out my credit card to get it.

But, I can't do it all by myself. I don't have the technical knowledge, I don't have the capital. All I have is the will to do it.

I need some help. I've asked for it. Nobody will. Except, in 9 years, one person at least finally asked.

For the first time ever. Somebody finally said, "If I can help you with your church, let me know."

Do you know who said that? One good man,

who's already given more to help Ron Paul than probably thousands of us put together.

And it doesn't seem right, to ask him to do more.

Bur God gave me an idea today, that would probably help him at the same time.

So maybe I will. Maybe I should. But I know one thing, God has counted it highly in his favor, as if it has already happened.

Sometimes, it's the thought that counts.

Bryan
12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Y5000 views - 172 replies - thread title:

"You might be a Ron Paul junkie if..."

Words escape me.

That thread has been around for months. :)

Corydoras
12-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I think that while Ron Paul's message brings us together, we come from a vast array of backgrounds and interests. This is what has made it difficult to do a coordinated charity effort, not because people don't want to or are in conflict with one another, but simply because a consensus never emerges.

Mark
12-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Here's a project sub-forum that may be of interest:

January 5th Charity Event
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238

:)

Yes. Indeed. My hat's off to you Sir. Compliments to the Chef. :)

Mark
12-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Is anyone with web design experience interested in creating a site for a page explaining how Ron's plans can be implemented?

i.e. Links to charities that would take the place of government social services ect?

Cimbri
12-23-2007, 05:56 AM
We need to compile a list and vote on the best charities this will help narrow down the key institutions. This method is more in line with a free market process, and will sample the opinion of the people here starting the process of engagement on this issue.

Man from La Mancha
12-23-2007, 06:07 AM
If you notice people like to have fun at the same time as getting Ron elected. That is why the Bombs and Blimp and some ad campaings have worked and the junky thing worked. I quess that is human nature.

Mark
12-23-2007, 10:56 AM
We need to compile a list and vote on the best charities this will help narrow down the key institutions. This method is more in line with a free market process, and will sample the opinion of the people here starting the process of engagement on this issue.

Agreed. There are so many projects that I'm looking into.

A new unbiased TV Network.

Opening a new warehouse for distributing RPStore materials to expedite matters.

An ad campaign through my nonprofit.

ect ect ect

This may be the most pivotal one to concentrate on. I can only do so much as one person.

I'll make it a priority to study the options/methods Cimbri.

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Everyone will have the opportunity to explain to Jesus why they didn't help our Church. Even though He asked for it through me.

Give it a rest, Mark. :rolleyes: The words you are choosing are a bit holier than thou.

Mark
12-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Give it a rest, Mark. :rolleyes: The words you are choosing are a bit holier than thou.

Jesus will let you know Liberty Eagle when you meet Him Face to face.

THEN we'll see if you're a smart alec to His Face LE.

You're free to not think that Jesus cares for me and has me do His Will through my Church, but your tune WILL change when you pass. I promise you.