PDA

View Full Version : Huge increase in local RP popularity over last week

terryp
12-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Was out today with identical signage as last Saturday and had 50% increase in positive responses.
Main highway NE out of Orlando across from 2+ big blocks. There were about 40-50 positive responses.
I got 4 thumbs down (all female?), and today there were a DOZEN cars with PR fans that looked like they had found an oasis in the desert.
I'm guessing they were traveling this week as opposed to local shoppers last week.

microsect
12-24-2007, 02:51 AM
You know I've been getting the same response here in Cali. More people seem to like us now. Lets keep it up!

MalcolmGandi
12-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Same here in Charleston, used to be no one had heard of him, now they have and they're saying they might vote for him in the primary and they're very receptive to more info.

Brian
12-24-2007, 01:07 PM
I drove into my gated community this morning, and what do I see? A Ron Paul yard sign, the same one I have in my front window, in the window of the house to the right just entering the gates.

He's catchin on, I'm tellin ya ! TM

terryp
12-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I personally think a lot more effort should be placed on door to door,
putting out signs and sign waving.
Especially before the primaries in each state.

RSLudlum
12-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Same here in Charleston, used to be no one had heard of him, now they have and they're saying they might vote for him in the primary and they're very receptive to more info.

In Charleston i've also had quite a few Truckers sound their support and a few yell outs while in my work van with a couple of signs taped on the back doors

Ozwest
12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
This "on the ground" info is priceless.

Great work!

Trigonx
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I love these types of threads :) very encouraging.

mmink15
12-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Same here in PA, check out this article that was in our Sunday paper.
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/214144

Paulitician
12-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Hope you're telling them to register as Republican and go vote in the primaries!

Ron LOL
12-24-2007, 06:28 PM
We're having a similar experience in San Diego -- more positive support ever week!

noztnac
12-24-2007, 06:31 PM
The more people see their neighbors and fellow citizens out there supporting Ron Paul the less the media's smear campaign will work.

terryp
12-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Has anyone else noticed that some people are reluctant to announce their
support until they see others come forward?

walt
12-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed that some people are reluctant to announce their
support until they see others come forward?

yes, that is why the validation events are important.

fuzzybekool
12-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I have had 2 peole ask me for signs since seeing my Ron Paul sign in my window of my business. Interesting, both asked for signs right after the Tim Russert MTP interview.

PledgeForPaul
12-24-2007, 06:59 PM
situation in on the ground in cedar rapids iowa still feels pretty dismal

walt
12-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Women always thumb down, they all complain about there right to choose to have an abortion. W/e :P, good job though, and glad hes catching on.

I wish all parties would talk about how the situation is "preventable" instead of focusing on the extremes.

paulitics
12-24-2007, 07:05 PM
The more people see their neighbors and fellow citizens out there supporting Ron Paul the less the media's smear campaign will work.

bingo

speciallyblend
12-24-2007, 07:05 PM
same here, i get about a 70% positive response here in central colorado mtns;)

Eponym_mi
12-24-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm not seeing signs for any other candidates in West Michigan. Our sign wave this past Saturday drew a lot of positive response (honks and thumbs ups). Some people are still not familiar with Ron Paul yet though...you could watch their lips reading our signs.:)

tsetsefly
12-24-2007, 07:23 PM
situation in on the ground in cedar rapids iowa still feels pretty dismal

this is the only place that really matters right now, we are fucked if this is the same in all of iowa...

nc4rp
12-24-2007, 07:24 PM
i am seeing whole groups of types of people looking first, then leaning, then firmly turning Ron's way.

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 07:27 PM
I wish all parties would talk about how the situation is "preventable" instead of focusing on the extremes.

Yes, all men should go have vasectomies, which of course can be reversed when children are wanted. :p

angrydragon
12-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Paul Power
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 09:54 AM

Writes Wes Baker: "Ubiquitous Christmas parties bring me in contact with folks I see only twice or so in a year - like it or not! Last night I saw a relative by marriage who only just this past summer couldn't repeat the neocon Bush/Hannity talking points fast enough. He bent my ear for hours on the necessity of perpetual war to stave off these 'terrists'. He was completely emotionally invested in the warfare state - and had been for years.

"Now he reads your blog for information on Paul. He can't get enough of the guy! Three months ago, this fellow wouldn't have known what the Federal Reserve was if it hit in the head. Now, he not only knows its history, its destructive role, etc, he knows the members and their biographies!

"He's maxed out his contributions to Paul and is trying to figure out how he can give more!

"Two weeks earlier I ran into an old high school friend who joined up with the Army reserve years ago. Typical suburban kid. Smart, athletic, patriotic, and then a damn military recruiter gets a hold of 'em. He has been a cap-R Republican all of his life. Couldn't praise Bush's militarism enough. This physician - part time Army grunt - has now done two tours of Iraq and has lost his wife and family in the bargain. Divorce and suicide are rampant in the military nowadays.

"After a handshake and hug, he says, 'how are ya' doin'? Have you heard of this man, Ron Paul?'!!

"I couldn't believe it! Never in million years. He, too, can't get enough of Paul.

"And these are just two small reasons Paul will win and make next Christmas even better than this one!"

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017976.html

walt
12-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes, all men should go have vasectomies, which of course can be reversed when children are wanted. :p

not quite what I had in mind, but er, back to the thread?

filmmaker58
I've been calling Republicans in my precinct, I now have over 20 going to the caucus to support Ron Paul, and most are willing to be delegates (we get 5 delegates in my precinct) So far, there are 2 Romney supporters that I know of who might show up. I'm almost confident enough to start working on other precincts now. Keep itup folks, this is the kind of work we need to be doing now.

Man from La Mancha
Yes, all men should go have vasectomies, which of course can be reversed when children are wanted. :pThat would only work if you trust what they say, how often is that? The one getting stuck should be ultimately responsible, just for her sake.:p

snowgoosebob
12-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Same here in PA, check out this article that was in our Sunday paper.
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/214144

Also from that same page is this news video link of the RP Meetup....
http://media.lancasteronline.com/video.php?id=1158

bucfish
12-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Keep it up we all need to play our part and the ground effort is awesome I love what ya'll are doing!!!

Ron Galt
12-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello all... I was on the way back to Columbia SC from my parents house about 50 miles out in the country and saw two Ron Paul signs in peoples yards. I'm talking back roads out in the middle of nowhere in an area where seeing political signs in peoples yards is a rare sight. It made me feel good seeing them:)

jenkoolkat
12-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Door - to - door is very important. I have been doing this every weekend for several months now and this week I do meet more people that have heard of him than in my first week. MOST people still say they are undecided. I dont talk much - I let RP do the talking by leaving slim jims and DVDs and anything I can.

I met an Obama girl this weekend out on the streets but no one else. I hope that if someone is undecided on voting day they will remember that only RP supporters came to their door and left info, that maybe the other candidates dont care or whatever.

But still many people I know dont think its important, they think rallys and road signs are enough. They do help for sure but in these last weeks, door to door is the way to go. I hope I have done enough. (I could use a few more weeks though!)

chinaCat
12-24-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't get into to much with my family because there well, I'm 21 and while I am recognized as an adult I'm still the new one to the political discussions at family gatherings. Which sadly hasn't been many this year. The discussions that is. I just got home from my grandparents house and after almost most of my relatives left we had some political talk. Spurred by my grandfathers new 2008 countdown calendar. A comical calendar filled with funny pictures and quotes Bush has said and counts down the days until he is out of office. This was a hit with all my family, who are mainly republicans. My grandfather has voted for bush twice.

Well the political talk wasn't great, but it wasn't dismal. My grandfather said when I brought up Paul he likes him. My dad brought up McCain, but mentioned how he wasn't happy with the tax cuts, my mom threw in Huckabee as she has been doing all week i've been home, but she is a lost cause-- Fox news Addict. Rommney came up later, not mention to say on him, my grandfather also mentioned he liked him too =\ Guliani came up than and EVERYONE hated him.

This was in about a five min span, so not much details. Nothing negative about Paul was said, and the fact that my grandfather has herd of, and liked him is encouraging. We have until April here in PA I believe so there is no rush just yet, but I think they will come around later. I hope my dad does atleast, I am laying off of him for now because he doesn't even want to talk about politics, but I everyone was impressed with Paul's fund raising abilities tonight. I made sure to mention that the Dec 16th was not even organized by Paul.

So, in sum, good and bad.

daviddee
12-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Xepa
12-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm converting all the college freshman and high school seniors I know!

Reporting for duty ;D Make your first vote a strong one!! Hahahha

wgadget
12-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Even BEFORE our official signwaving effort last Sunday (while we were gathering our supplies and stuff still at our cars), there were TWO separate cars of people wanting Ron Paul bumper stickers and yard signs. One car had a 20-something guy who wanted to join our meetup and help in the campaign, and the other car had two little girls in the back clapping and whooping it up for Ron Paul..."Yay, Ron Paul! Yay, Ron Paul!" It was awesome.

wgadget
12-24-2007, 10:21 PM
A conversion for me includes my dad (who's 70). He said something to the effect of, "Okay, I'll vote for him if you'll just shut up already!"

: )

micahnelson
12-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I was collecting sigs for ballot access in RI at the mall. Many people took time to talk about how much Ron Paul has inspired them.

Huckabee had people collecting sigs for his ballot access as well. He had one homeschool family and 2 out of state paid workers.

The professionals were voting for Ron Paul too.

Bilgefisher
12-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I didn't register in Colorado in time. Ive voted before, but never registered to a party. I did however convince my friend and fellow vet who is a registered republican. He in turn convinced his father and mother, both registered republicans. His message is catching on, I just hope we have enough time to get the vote out.

richk
12-24-2007, 10:47 PM
A conversion for me includes my dad (who's 70). He said something to the effect of, "Okay, I'll vote for him if you'll just shut up already!"

: )

LOL. I think a few at work are ready to submit to Dr. Paul just to shut me up also. Whatever works. :D

JohnnyWrath
12-24-2007, 10:50 PM
In Charleston i've also had quite a few Truckers sound their support

My step dad is a long haul trucker, and he says he sees Ron Paul signs and banners all the time, and that truckers talk about him all the time on the CBs. He won't vote in the primaries, but he has been converted from a democrat to a Ron Paul supporter based on getting government out of our lives. He will vote in the general election.

EDIT, also someone once told me that it depends if the truckers are union or not, but I don't think that always matters because I am a United Auto Worker. (UAW) I support Ron Paul with a passion.

paulitics
12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I wonder if this could be from the Glenn Beck interview, perhaps? Seems like a correlation.

user
12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
That would probably be my guess, too. I think it's a more likely reason than the MTP interview.

terryp
12-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I think the publicity from the Tea Party and the Blimp
have brought us a lot of new visitors.
Plus all of the D-t-D, sign waves and stuff have also been helpful.

eldeeder
12-25-2007, 03:53 PM

The message you need to give to women about that is that Roe v Wade takes the abortion issue out of states hands. Supporting Paul only means supporting the states right to choose. He wants to overturn roe v wade, but not replace it with anything. Thats how you sell women on that issue.

tsetsefly
12-25-2007, 03:57 PM
my dad and brother where RP supporters before he even announced he was running... My mom saw the glen beck interview and really liked what she saw, but I think she was going to vote for RP anyway....

OptionsTrader
12-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Was out today with identical signage as last Saturday and had 50% increase in positive responses.
Main highway NE out of Orlando across from 2+ big blocks. There were about 40-50 positive responses.
I got 4 thumbs down (all female?), and today there were a DOZEN cars with PR fans that looked like they had found an oasis in the desert.
I'm guessing they were traveling this week as opposed to local shoppers last week.

I hope everyone that travelled across the nation during Christmas Ron Pauled their family and friends that they have not talked to all year. The Ron Paul "world peace" bump...

voytechs
12-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I was just commenting on the massive AOL straw poll, where giuliani beat out RP in NY. I live in NY and I can tell you that he has gained huge amount of support in central NY very recently. Before no one knew who he was, no it seems that most people do. Syracuse is a republican district, at least in the house and all the local officials that won recently were GOP as well. So this boads well. We are having a large meetup this weekend. We expect around 100 people and news crews. We're also getting our head-quarters this week!! We've already chipped in and have enough funds for that. There is still 6 more weeks to go here and we expect to take the state!!!

angrydragon
12-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Note: Tustin is a city in Orange County, CA.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/miller-da1.html

Our family was driving back from vacation in San Diego (Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, and the wonderful museum exhibit on the Dead Sea Scrolls). We had taken a side trip to Tustin, east of Los Angeles, to visit a piano store my wife wanted to check out.

To my surprise, without my mentioning Ron Paul’s name, she started passionately explaining to me that the only worthwhile person in the race was Dr. Paul and that we desperately needed Dr. Paul to restore Constitutional government in the US and end the disastrous foreign and domestic policies of the G. W. Bush Administration. She also told me that, earlier in the day, she had seen a group of teenagers handing out Paul literature and that the kids were behind Ron Paul.

I’d heard that Dr. Paul was not catching fire with "religious conservatives." The store owner turned out to be a serious, observant Seventh-Day Adventist.

After we got back to Sacramento, my kids started noticing "Ron Paul" stickers around town and on the road and asked me why we didn’t see any "Giuliani" or "Hillary" stickers.

And just last night, at a Christmas party, I started talking politics with the husband of a friend. I’d known his wife for several years, but didn’t know the husband well, and had no idea of his political views. Without my mentioning Ron Paul, Doug started explaining to me why Dr. Paul was the only worthwhile candidate in the race.

Ryankelly
12-25-2007, 04:24 PM
I am a life long Independent. I have registered as a Republican and will be attempting to be a Ron Paul delegate here in Hawaii. My best friend is a rabid liberal democrat. Yesterday, I casually mentioned Ron Paul to him. He told me that he has already registered as a Republican and will be attending the caucus to vote for Dr. Paul.

Dr. Ron Paul will win the Aloha state.

Arklatex
12-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I am a life long Independent. I have registered as a Republican and will be attempting to be a Ron Paul delegate here in Hawaii. My best friend is a rabid liberal democrat. Yesterday, I casually mentioned Ron Paul to him. He told me that he has already registered as a Republican and will be attending the caucus to vote for Dr. Paul.

Dr. Ron Paul will win the Aloha state.

I got a call from a friend of old from college, we used to talk politics and philosophy alot. He's a very liberal democract, and to my surprise he said this same thing: he was going to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.. Then he went on about a Ron Paul/Hiliary ticket.... :rolleyes: I listened to his views lol, said he liked Paul for his philosophy but that Clinton was good at organizing things and getting stuff done. I let him have that one. :D

steve005
12-25-2007, 04:38 PM
me too! I went out today and everyday for the last week, a couple weeks ago I got half as many honks, I already have 3 different people who want to stand out there with me, and I'm sure i'm inspiring other RP supporters to take action,. GET OUTSIDE AND SPREAD THE WORD!

weatherbill
12-25-2007, 04:38 PM
We had two sign wavings at the same spot two weeks in a row and just last week, we were getting more honks for ron paul than the week before.

Bob Spruill
12-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I saw my first RP sign today in New Bern, NC. On 70 btw 17 and Pembroke, made my day !

NC probably does not matter much in the primaries, but it sure made me feel good to see that sign. I think I will order a few dozen and put them up.

jacmicwag
12-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Came up to Indianapolis area for x-mas. Nice front page article in the paper today talking about several candidates including Paul but all the photos show RP supporters waving signs out in the snow. Also saw several signs and bumper stickers while traveling from Houston. Let's hope things are heating up in Iowa too. I bet they are.

parke
12-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I was pleasantly surprised. 2 of my friends have already donated. They wiped me out of flyers and bumperstickers.. Thank goodness Ive got more coming.

I can tell you this. .. If its people that have HEARD Ron Paul are usually sold or dont like him because 'weve given republicans power to long.'

noztnac
12-25-2007, 05:57 PM
In Charleston i've also had quite a few Truckers sound their support and a few yell outs while in my work van with a couple of signs taped on the back doors

I was born in Charleston and have a lot of family back there. They are big on state's rights and the second amendment. You might find people receptive to those ideas.:)

noztnac
12-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I saw my first RP sign today in New Bern, NC. On 70 btw 17 and Pembroke, made my day !

NC probably does not matter much in the primaries, but it sure made me feel good to see that sign. I think I will order a few dozen and put them up.

Every vote counts!

Eryxis
12-25-2007, 08:39 PM
my mom said that while she was driving from SC -> KY -> AL all she saw was RP signs. No other candidates.

Ery

mkiv808
12-25-2007, 08:44 PM
my mom said that while she was driving from SC -> KY -> AL all she saw was RP signs. No other candidates.

Ery
Same thing with my friend who drove cross country.