PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul "Defending Liberty" Fundraiser / Rally - San Antonio July 28th

princessredtights
07-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Ron Paul "Defending Liberty" Fundraiser / Rally
Saturday July 28th 2007

Doors open at 6pm, event starts at 7pm

Live Music, BBQ, & Auction

Includes access to all of the Museum exhibits

Buckhorn Museum
318 East Houston St
San Antonio, TX 78205

http://www.buckhornmuseum.com

The Buckhorn is next to the Hyatt Hotel, a short two block walk from the Alamo and only 50 feet from the River Walk at the corner of Houston Street and North Presa Street.

Free Parking !!

Tickets to the July 28th event are $100 each

(children 12 and under free with parent, teens through college students, $30 each, seniors over 65, $50 each)

For Tickets & to RSVP Contact:

Austin: Don Zimmerman 512-577-8842 or don@donzimmerman.org

San Antonio: Phil Pepin 210-557-7093 or rlcbexar@yahoo.com

Please RSVP by July 23rd, 2007.

Alamo, Cost of Texas Freedom Rally
Saturday July 28th 2007

Free Event

From 12:00pm-5:00pm live music at the

Cavalry Museum/ Ron Paul San Antonio Headquarters

717 East Houston St.

San Antonio, TX 78205

The Cavalry Museum is located across the street from the north wall of the Alamo

The city is also having their Houston St Fair

It will be a great opportunity for supporters of Dr.Paul to spread the word.

Ron Paul Press Conference/Rally at the Alamo

Saturday July 28th 2007

5:30pm-5:45pm

We've invited the press, lets show them that the "remnant" is large and growing!!

About | FAQ | Terms | Privacy | Safety Tips | Contact MySpace | Promote! | Advertise | MySpace International

©2003-2007 MySpace.com. All Rights Reserved.

ScotTX
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm there. Anyone else from Austin going?

constituent
07-11-2007, 12:28 PM
coming up from vic... see you there!

LRitz
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Our family of 4 from Houston will be there will bells on!

libertarian4321
07-12-2007, 05:02 AM
I'll be there with my wife.

Elwar
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I live in San Antonio if anyone has any questions.

THOMAS IN LC
07-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Comin up from LEAGUE CITY. So far just me and my mom. trying to get others to come though. itll be great.

Slugg
07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Doh, double post...sorry

Slugg
07-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I won't be there (my wife and I live abroad at the moment), but my parents will!!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

spacebetween
07-22-2007, 11:34 AM
If things work out this week, I'LL BE THERE!

jacmicwag
07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Four of us coming over from Houston - maybe five.

I just watched both SC events - the Spartanburg speech was absolutely electric. Thanks for all of the personal accounts and videos.

Our meetup group in Houston was busy yesterday making huge 9 by 40 foot RP Revolution banners. As we worked several people brought up Spartanburg and wondered how things were going. I wondered myself if the excitement and turnout would be there. I'm not wondering this morning. What a huge statement by our friends in the Southeast. These events are almost starting to take on historical significance as we watch them unfold.

Next week is our turn at the Alamo Cost of Texas Freedom Rally. Can it get any better than Spartanburg? Will the cheers of thousands echo across the Alamo walls as Dr. Paul takes the stage adjacent to such hallowed ground? Will this by another one of those historic events we tell our grandchildren about? I swear I can already feel the electricity in the air. Don't miss this one - if you can fly, walk, crawl or ride to San Antonio - you must be there. We need you.

qednick
07-22-2007, 01:25 PM
My wife and I will be there and we're manning the merchandise stall. Stop by and say hello. :)

JimiDollar
07-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll be attending the rally and fundraiser. See you all there. Let's help get Dr. Paul to the top.

Ron Paul in '08 before it's too late!

beermotor
07-23-2007, 04:26 AM
ATTENTION SAN ANTONIO FOLKS

IMMEDIATELY, as in Today, SOMEONE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND START ORGANIZING A DONATION TO A LOCAL CHILDREN'S SHELTER (or Women's Shelter or something like that).

Advertise it here on this forum, accept donations via paypal or however you want, and get this ball rolling. We're spamming every place Ron Paul speaks at with charity. Not only will you feel good about doing it because it's true charity in the cause of freedom, but it sends a very strong message to the rest of the country.

Do NOT miss this opportunity, folks! Keep it going!

Cindy
07-23-2007, 05:19 AM
ATTENTION SAN ANTONIO FOLKS

IMMEDIATELY, as in Today, SOMEONE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND START ORGANIZING A DONATION TO A LOCAL CHILDREN'S SHELTER (or Women's Shelter or something like that).

Advertise it here on this forum, accept donations via paypal or however you want, and get this ball rolling. We're spamming every place Ron Paul speaks at with charity. Not only will you feel good about doing it because it's true charity in the cause of freedom, but it sends a very strong message to the rest of the country.

Do NOT miss this opportunity, folks! Keep it going!

I was just going to post the same request. I think the press is priceless and doing it even on a small scale, will help us to be able to call the food drives "The Good Will Campaign Trail" of Ron Paul, if it's happening at all of his rallies along the way.

A Lady at the Daily Ron Paul site was just gooing over what we did, when she did an article on it, based on the article Jennifer did on it which is up at the Internet Political betting site- which gets tons of traffic.

If anyone can do it, when deciding on places to look into, remeber that the VP of Spartenburgs GOP asked, if we could include the Boys Club in the future, because he is on the board of Directors for it.

I'll send a donation to it!!!!!!!

I'm definetley organizing one when he comes to Tampa Bay for the Republican Debates in Sept.

dagnytaggart
07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
I'll be there working one of the tables.
My husband and three of my kids will join me, as well as the man who introduced us to Ron Paul in 1988!
Hope there will be a great turnout!

Dan Klaus
07-28-2007, 02:41 AM
BEST OF LUCK TO MY SAN ANTONIO FRIENDS ON THE BBQ FUNDRAISER!!!

I'm in central europe feeling sorry for myself that I can't be there, but wanted to drop you guys and gals a note to say its fantastic what you all have done to prepare for this event...I have no doubt that it's going to be an overwhelming success...best of luck and please post some photos so folks like me who can't be there in person can share in the experience...:D

qedtanya
07-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Tickets are still available for those of you who want to go but haven't purchase them!!! I hope to see you all there!!!!!!

Tanya
Fundraising Chair (for this event!)

bulloncoins
07-28-2007, 05:40 PM
No live blogger this time? :confused: bummer.

Elwar
07-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I just got back from the fundraiser.

It was great, though I skipped the dinner...I'll let others fill you in on that part.

Things started out by the Alamo, we have our San Antonio headquarters just to the side of the Alamo. There was a band and a lot of people hanging around there. Finally Ron Paul showed up and gave a speech in front of a crowd of about 100 people or so. Then we all walked to the front of the Alamo in a parade with a color guard leading the way. We all stood in front of the Alamo while Ron Paul answered questions for the press. Then we all walked down the middle of the street during the Houston street fair like a huge parade with Ron Paul and the colorguard.

From there everyone went into the fundraiser. I stayed outside and helped with tickets so I'm not sure from there. I did go up there briefly and it looked like all the seats were filled and there were a whole lot of people at the buffet line. I'm sure the place was standing room only.

I'll let others fill in the rest. Much video being taken, news etc.

Elwar
07-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh ya, Michael Badnarik was there too...spoke with him briefly.

ScotTX
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
The rally was cool and I was super excited to see Ron Paul and hear him speak for a few minutes. The parade from the Alamo to the museum was awesome! I had intended on going to the fundraiser at the museum, but the ticket line was long and I had my 3 year old with me and the place was packed so I bailed. Does anybody have the scoop on the fundraiser? Did he speak again? If so, where's the vid? I was kind of dissappointed that there were only 200-300 people at the rally, including most of Dr. Paul's family and there's, like, 30 of them! We need to make sure there are at least 2000 people at his birthday party on Saturday Aug. 26 in Texas City. C'mon Texas! We owe it to represent for Ron Paul! Afterall, he represents for us!

qedtanya
07-29-2007, 08:52 AM
I just got back from the fundraiser.

It was great, though I skipped the dinner...I'll let others fill you in on that part.

Things started out by the Alamo, we have our San Antonio headquarters just to the side of the Alamo. There was a band and a lot of people hanging around there. Finally Ron Paul showed up and gave a speech in front of a crowd of about 100 people or so. Then we all walked to the front of the Alamo in a parade with a color guard leading the way. We all stood in front of the Alamo while Ron Paul answered questions for the press. Then we all walked down the middle of the street during the Houston street fair like a huge parade with Ron Paul and the colorguard.

From there everyone went into the fundraiser. I stayed outside and helped with tickets so I'm not sure from there. I did go up there briefly and it looked like all the seats were filled and there were a whole lot of people at the buffet line. I'm sure the place was standing room only.

I'll let others fill in the rest. Much video being taken, news etc.

To add (I missed the rally darn it), the dinner was incredible, we didn't have enough room to seat everyone upstairs so we had people sitting down stairs. I think there were easily 500 people there and it was standing room only. Everyone was very friendly and conversation flowed from all corners. Strangers coming together for a common purpose, it was awesome! The barbecue was good food, though I don't think we planned for enough food because I only got two peices of brisket and a roll, but no one was complaining too much! The beer and wine were plentyful!

The auction went off without a hitch (of which I'm very glad) and thanks to my friends from Houston and Austin who were prarading down the street and kindly helped me get the things out of my car and to the Buckhorn, I don't know what I would have done without you! Also, to my donors from Houston thanks for bringing me the last minute items! You're wonderful! All told, between auction and fundraiser, I'm hoping we cleared about 40K after expenses....though the acutal figures will have to wait. It was just an awesome thing to meet Dr. Paul and his wife and get to spend a few minutes speaking to them, along with several family members just like they were old friends. And Dr. Paul's speech, how inspiring! He was right on the money about everything!! I'm even MORE convinced now than I was before and I'm going to spend time making sure that others hear his message (and stop comparing him to RuPaul!).

Tanya

stevedasbach
07-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Was there any type of food or other charitable donation in conjunction with this event?

ScotTX
07-29-2007, 03:26 PM
No. There was no food drive that I was aware of.

ghemminger
07-29-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrzvQ6T6M3g

Check out

qedtanya
07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Was there any type of food or other charitable donation in conjunction with this event?

We didn't have enough time to get anything of this nature set up. It was only suggested to us on Wednesday. I wish we could have!!

yoshimaroka
07-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Press coverage includes article & video:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/stories/MYSA072907.03B.Candidate_Notebook.31d8592.html

qednick
07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Here's a pic of myself and Tanya (qedtanya) with the man himself from the fundraiser. :D

http://www.cygnix.org/ronpaulpics/RonPaulFundraiser.jpg

DeadheadForPaul
07-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Nice job, Texas!

Thomas_Paine
07-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Any video of the fund raiser yet?

qedtanya
07-30-2007, 07:22 AM
yes, there is video of parts of it on google and youtube, along with a very nicely done video from the Express News at: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119159856/bclid1119228005/bctid1125972091

Tanya

Bryan
07-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Any video of the fund raiser yet?

Here's mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAug46Rd_Bc