PDA

View Full Version : Major Breaking News: Ron Paul Republican Launches Congressional Campaign In Nc!

DRV45N05
12-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I would like to announce that B.J. Lawson, the Triangle Meetup Coordinator in North Carolina, has officially launched his Congressional Campaign in District 4 in North Carolina. This is currently the district of Democratic Congressman David Price, an entrenched establishment figure. The district comprises of Chapel Hill and Durham and parts of Raleigh/Wake County, and it contains a very high university and young professional population, making it a hot ground for a libertarian-leaning candidate like Mr. Lawson. Please visit his website today:

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com

We are going to be involved in a big time battle. After the NCGOP found out that BJ was a Ron Paul supporter, they recruited the Orange County GOP Chair to run, so we do have a primary opponent who is backed by the establishment. We are going to make a major fundraising push online within the Ron Paul network. But suffice it to say: BJ Is a truly outstanding candidate. He has a grasp of the issues that is simply unmatched by any candidate I have ever met, and this includes Ron Paul himself. He has a background as an engineer and a MD, the latter career he left to start a health care software company. We have a real shot to win this district: we've assembled a terrific staff, we've got a population that has a lot of libertarians and a hugely anti-war and pro-civil liberties community, and we have a hugely dynamic candidate. With the Ron Paul internet network and an awesome website, we are depending on help from the Ron Paul community for fundraising. If you guys come to bat for us, we have the opportunity to hugely outraise both our primary opponent AND David Price, who right now has $300,000 cash on hand, the figure equivalent to our January 31 fundraising goal. We hope you guys will be there for us: this is the best opportunity we're going to have to put in another Ron Paul Republican and to knock off an entrenched incumbent Democrat.

TwiLeXia
12-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Make sure you spread Ron Paul's name as much as possible while backing your guy!! It is Ron Paul's message that unites us - anyone who votes for RP will definitely vote for those who support his message!

walt
12-22-2007, 03:40 PM
have you put out an Internet press release?

chiplitfam
12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Awesome! Go Ron Paul

cicatrice
12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Nice! As a fellow Carolinian, I'll spread the message to residents in that area I know.

AgentPaul001
12-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Best of luck, I'll do what I can to support you as well.

Still trying to get my campaign in order for NC State House as mentioned in my email.

CoreyBowen999
12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Good luck :D

DJ RP
12-22-2007, 04:01 PM
This is AMAZING news! Absolutely awesome! Guys check out the video of this guy on his site http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/snippets/110/2007-12-16-ron-paul-tea-party-celebration/

Seems like a great guy, I'm really excited!

DirtMcGirt
12-22-2007, 04:01 PM
awesome post this info on the meetups also!!!

sluggo
12-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Awesome! I'm down in District 7, and I'll help out anyway I can.

DRV45N05
12-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Guys, please spread the word within the Ron Paul internet community: every website you know of. We're counting on your help!

Paige Michael-Shetley
Youth Coordinator, Lawson for Congress

parke
word. bump.

cayton
BJ is a fabulous candidate for an office like this, anyone who meets him and hears him speak will instantly believe that he is a credible candidate and that he understands their concerns. Also, he has a very nice wife and three kids.

If he gets the support of communities like this he cant lose.

finally, getting in on the ground floor with "Liberty is Priceless." Credit to gloria, but this is an awesome slogan considering the opponent.

DaneKirk
12-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Sweet, good luck!

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Go B.J.!

CoreyBowen999
12-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Hes a good speaker. He was just winging it?

AgentPaul001
12-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Hopefully I'll start hearing some stuff about him on the local talk radio shows. WZTK ftw!

Delaware
12-22-2007, 04:25 PM
we definately need a subforum for this type of thing.

iella
12-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Hes a good speaker. He was just winging it?

We need more politicians who can speak without teleprompters... which means we need more politicians who are knowledgeable and actually say what they believe! One friend I have became a supporter after watching the YouTube video of Dr. Paul sparring with Ben Bernanke. He was amazed at how fluidly and intelligently the good doctor spoke on the economy. Lawson seems like a really sharp guy as well, and I hope he wins. :)

Shink
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Oooh...if he could give me an official, "FUCK FORT BRAGG!" I would support him immeasurably.

DJ RP
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I've been reading the guy's blog for the last half hour, he is a great writer, knows his stuff and seems like an extremely good candidate. It is of course an advantage that he's a former businessman and knows first hand the power and beauty of the marketplace and of CREATING value, not sucking it dry like most lawyer-politicians do today.

vegetarianrpfan
12-22-2007, 04:51 PM
I am a member of BJ Lawson's Meetup. TRUST ME, guys, he is the best Congressional candidate in America we could back who is with Ron Paul on all the issues. He is well-spoken, energetic, passionate, and he exceeds in an area that (I'm not meaning this as an insult, either) Ron Paul does not: public speaking. BJ is one of the best speakers I've ever heard in my life, and yes, he gave a brilliant speech with no notes. He's a trained medical doctor like Ron Paul, a very successful business owner, and best of all, he's YOUNG! He's in his 30s so if we get him in, we can have 40 years of liberty :)

I have seen BJ personally representing Ron Paul, and he gives everyone he meets a free copy of the Constitution/Declaration of Independence, leaving them with a smile on their face and wondering who this Ron Paul guy is. His candidacy is also a great PR tool for Ron Paul.

If he raises a lot of money, he can defeat David Price, who is a guy that Democrats in the district don't even like and who I'm sure takes his seat for granted after having it for 20 years. He does have to run against the establishment's candidate, Augustus Cho, (choforcongress.com, go to his website and laugh at it!) who is against BJ only on the war.

Please donate to BJ if you want Ron Paul to have some friends in Congress!

Yom
12-22-2007, 04:55 PM
We definitely need a subforum for this type of stuff! The RƎvo˩ution should be in branches of government, not just the executive!

0zzy
12-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Seems pretty good, good speaker, understands the problems, think he likes God too (suggested reading the bible and all).

Hopefully he'll win!

olehounddog
12-22-2007, 05:33 PM
That's great! Now, if we could get somebody in NC 5th to replace V. Foxx

crazyfacedjenkins
12-22-2007, 05:34 PM
We definitely need a subforum for this type of stuff! The RƎvo˩ution should be in branches of government, not just the executive!

Good call. I second that.

ValidusCustodiae
12-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I am in district 3. Will help however I can and tell those I know near Raleigh / Cary. Our congressman for district 3, Walter B. Jones, is a more traditional style Republican himself who has been critical of many of the executive's activities these past few years. He leaves a lot to be desired, his voting record is nothing like Dr. Paul's, but I think he is on the right track with some things. I think it would be helpful if other people in district 3 wrote congressman Jones like I did and courteously asked that he make more of an effort to adhere to the Constitution. If a good few of us wrote him he would take notice.

jon31rm
12-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm in BJ's district and will absolutely vote for him, and will make sure my friends and family do as well.

Alabama Supporter
12-22-2007, 06:55 PM
This guy seems like a great candidate!

hocaltar
12-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow this sounds great! Can you post his platform though? If he running on the exact same platform as Dr. Paul that's great.

PimpBlimp
12-22-2007, 07:09 PM
The revolution is spreading. Even if Ron Paul loses we will still win.

PatriotOne
12-22-2007, 07:15 PM
This is exciting! Glad to see he is already involved in the Meet Up groups. He already has an educated support base who knows the issues!

hawks4ronpaul
12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Does he have a blimp?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

james1844
12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Give em Hell BJ!

voytechs
12-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Hmm, MD and engineer. I like him already!

Where do I send the money?

DRV45N05
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Wow this sounds great! Can you post his platform though? If he running on the exact same platform as Dr. Paul that's great.

Pretty much.

One change he makes is that he would replace the income tax with the Fair Tax. Obviously, he would prefer to get rid of it outright if we could cut spending that much, but his stance is essentially "I'd rather have that than the current income tax." We had an argument about this when I discussed it with him, as I'm not a fan at all of the Fair Tax. If we're going to replace the income tax with anything, I'd rather we do it with Green Taxes. (Which I think is something we should be moving in the direction of, anyways.)

Chester Copperpot
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
I would like to announce that B.J. Lawson, the Triangle Meetup Coordinator in North Carolina, has officially launched his Congressional Campaign in District 4 in North Carolina. This is currently the district of Democratic Congressman David Price, an entrenched establishment figure. The district comprises of Chapel Hill and Durham and parts of Raleigh/Wake County, and it contains a very high university and young professional population, making it a hot ground for a libertarian-leaning candidate like Mr. Lawson. Please visit his website today:

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com

We are going to be involved in a big time battle. After the NCGOP found out that BJ was a Ron Paul supporter, they recruited the Orange County GOP Chair to run, so we do have a primary opponent who is backed by the establishment. We are going to make a major fundraising push online within the Ron Paul network. But suffice it to say: BJ Is a truly outstanding candidate. He has a grasp of the issues that is simply unmatched by any candidate I have ever met, and this includes Ron Paul himself. He has a background as an engineer and a MD, the latter career he left to start a health care software company. We have a real shot to win this district: we've assembled a terrific staff, we've got a population that has a lot of libertarians and a hugely anti-war and pro-civil liberties community, and we have a hugely dynamic candidate. With the Ron Paul internet network and an awesome website, we are depending on help from the Ron Paul community for fundraising. If you guys come to bat for us, we have the opportunity to hugely outraise both our primary opponent AND David Price, who right now has $300,000 cash on hand, the figure equivalent to our January 31 fundraising goal. We hope you guys will be there for us: this is the best opportunity we're going to have to put in another Ron Paul Republican and to knock off an entrenched incumbent Democrat.

TIHS IS WHAT WE NEED!!!!

And here is an idea.. Does anybody think it would be beneficial for the OFFICIAL Ron Paul website to have a section for these other Liberty Congressmen???

I mean we could fund all these guys.. I live in NJ and have no problem donating $50 to this guy in North Carolina..

How great would it be if NOT only Ron Paul wins the presidency but we OUST THE MOUNTEBANKS in Congress and have 50 Ron Paul Republicans elected in 2008 to boot!

DRV45N05
12-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Hmm, MD and engineer. I like him already!

Where do I send the money?

You can do it online on the website.

https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

PimpBlimp
12-22-2007, 07:44 PM
The fairtax is a sham. Unfortunately

fourameuphoria
12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Awesome! I wish you the best of luck! Slowly, and steadily, we'll take the country back!

ladyliberty
12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
!!!! Viva La Revolution !!!!

UCFGavin
12-22-2007, 08:06 PM
does he have a facebook profile where i can add him and show my support?

DRV45N05
12-22-2007, 08:19 PM
The fairtax is a sham. Unfortunately

I know, and he knows. But is it really more of a sham than the income tax?

vegetarianrpfan
12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
does he have a facebook profile where i can add him and show my support?

His personal profile is here:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=740694890

There's a group, BJ Lawson for Congress, which everyone can join:
http://uillinois.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8002926782&ref=mf

Delaware
12-22-2007, 10:50 PM
i would happen to think the fairtax actually taxes you more. It's a national sales tax if i remember correctly. Thats like interest on one sum vs compound interest, and thats why the fair tax would bring more money to the government, because it actually taxes you more by taxing you for everything you purchase.

mavtek
12-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Kick Ass! We're taking back America!

Mark
12-23-2007, 03:12 AM
BJ da man!!! Check him out about 3 minutes in to see why he'll win!!

Students and Ron Paul: Duke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1kN3hwb0-4Q

The Durham Ron Paul 2008 Meet-up Group went to the Duke campus to talk to students and Grads.

I hope Terra Naomi doesn't mind using her song for this video, I first heard it here on youtube.

troyd1
12-23-2007, 07:51 AM
How about if we call ourselves Ronpublicans?

hypnagogue
12-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I'll stick with independent constitutionalist, I think.

hocaltar
12-23-2007, 08:16 AM
OOh.. He is a neurosurgeon. Good luck, I used to live in the 4th district too.

rancher89
12-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Good call. I second that.

I third that, we need a place to go to see who's running as a constitutionalist in each district, by state. That would make it easier to donate money, time etc. We need to support ALL of these guys, wherever they are running. Go 12th district

DRV45N05
12-24-2007, 12:32 AM
I want to bump this to the top until we set up another forum.

Spideynw
12-24-2007, 01:23 AM
We need money bombs for these people too! Imagine, if just 30,000 of the 180,000 of the Ron Paul donors donated just $10 each, he would have his $300,000 that he needs to run the race. And if it was a money bomb, he would probably get more attention. We need a website dedicated to Liberty loving Republican candidates. If we could even get 100 Liberty loving people into the House, then we would have enough power to stop any override of a Ron Paul veto.

DRV45N05
12-24-2007, 01:58 AM
I've sent an email to Trevor. Hopefully, he'll help us out with this.

DRV45N05
12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
If you're on Facebook, sign up as a supporter of BJ!

http://unc.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6452597261

isrow
12-26-2007, 02:11 PM
There's a website ronpaulsacrossamerica.com for politicians running on Ron Paul's platform. Unfotunately it hasn't been updated in awhile. Everyone who is running for public office from this forum should try to get on there.

tamor
12-26-2007, 02:14 PM
And so it begins -- great news

adpierce
12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Guys this is what is necessary.. Ron Paul can only do so much to change this country even if he is president. We need to get representatives all over the country at state and local levels not just on the national level. This is a good step though.

voytechs
12-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Great to hear, Mr. Lawson. We need Ron Paul Republicans. I signed up at your website.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-26-2007, 02:33 PM
//

FireofLiberty
12-26-2007, 02:40 PM
BJ is an awesome dude. When I heard he was going to run awhile back I was really stoked.

yongrel
12-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Is this Mr Lawson fellow a member here?

DRV45N05
12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Is this Mr Lawson fellow a member here?

He does have a membership here, but he doesn't post often.

I'll get him on here to talk to you guys.

Paige Michael-Shetley
Chairman, UNC Students for Ron Paul
Youth Coordinator, Lawson for Congress

AggieforPaul
12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
This is great news. State and local elections usually have AWFUL turnouts. Whereas we have to face the soccer moms who vote every 4 years in Presidential elections, we could really start owning state an local elections, where the turnout is less than a quarter of the population.

Adamsa
12-26-2007, 03:47 PM
We need more Ron Pauls in Congress!!

runningdiz
12-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know that site that lists all people running for congress as a Ron Paul Republican? Please post the link if you do. Saw it before.

FireofLiberty
12-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Bump!

Benaiah
12-28-2007, 08:56 AM
tag

FireofLiberty
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm bumping this again because I am so excited about this campaign. I spent the evening with BJ Lawson and several other supporters at his home tonight and I really feel that he can win, especially with the help of the Ron Paul grassroots community (i.e. us). Upon meeting all of the people who were there tonight it became clear to me that he already has such fantastic supporters (and all of them, by the way, are huge Ron Paul supporters as well). We talked campaign strategy and the organization is already fantastic. The people who have known BJ for awhile and already have begun working on things for the campaign are brilliant and what they've already done blew me away. Obviously I can't give any details, but just wow. We're doing things already that Ron Paul's campaign is just now starting to do.

Anyway, the people there were fantastic and all so interesting. They were all true patriots and I was so proud to be among them. They were all part of the rEVOLution, but more importantly understood what it was all about. As I drove up to BJ's house the first thing I was struck by was the Ron Paul for President yard sign proudly displayed out front as well as the vehicle parked in the drive way with "RON PAUL 2008" in the window. I knew already I'd be in good company.

BJ is very likable, very personable. He's just an all around good guy. He's the furthest thing in the world from a politician and I don't think that's a bad thing. He welcomed me right into his home. In fact, I can't remember the last time I felt so welcome in someone's home.

As I walked up to each person and introduced myself it was clear these were all wonderful people who deeply care about their country. Eventually, we formed a circle in BJ's living room and took the time to introduce ourselves to each other. Everyone's response was honest, eloquent and at times passionate. One of them had served in Iraq. Many of them had extensive knowledge of computers, data systems and had worked with BJ when he had his own company (MercuryMD). Some of them explained why they supported Ron Paul, two saying they had traveled abroad and felt really uncomfortable doing so and also talked about how their traveling abroad showed them even just how weak our dollar has become. We talked about all of the troops coming home from Iraq suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and the fact that now more Vietnam veterans have killed themselves than we lost troops in that war. Gold and rising gold prices came up. As did "Atlas Shrugged" and Barry Goldwater.

"If only every living room was like this on a Wednesday night" I remember thinking to myself. "If only everyone cared this deeply about their country as all of us do."

Please help spread the word about the campaign and donate to it if you can: https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Just donated $25.

FireofLiberty
01-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Just donated $25.

Awesome! Thanks!

vegetarianrpfan
01-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Does anyone know that site that lists all people running for congress as a Ron Paul Republican? Please post the link if you do. Saw it before.

http://www.paulcongress.com

BJ is a featured candidate on there.

--------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

FireofLiberty
01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Bump.

FireofLiberty
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Dear Facebook users,

Please consider adding BJ Lawson as a friend on Facebook.

His profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=740694890

His group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8002926782

Become a supporter on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6452597261

Thanks!

Eryxis
01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
that was an excellent blog-post. I was reading an article about Dr. Paul's congressional run in '96 i believe. About how he was up against the entire GOP power structure, but was able to beat them because he had a national base to draw from. With the internet it makes it easier for us to support like-minded individuals. Anyway. I really Like BJ i hope somebody like him runs here in Al, or who knows maybe I will one day:eek:

Ery