PDA

View Full Version : Me vs Obama a Possibility?

Shink
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Just now noticed a purple note (hardly worth calling a 'flyer') stuck in my door:

Come meet

Senator

Barack Obama

Saturday, Dec. 29th

Doors open 11 a.m.
Program begins at 11:45 a.m.
At the Fort Madison High School Cafeteria
2001 Avenue B
The Event is Free and Open to the Public
To RSVP, call (319) 371-8180 or stop by the Fort Madison
Obama for America Office at 2426 Avenue L

Paid for by Obama for America

Some questions for ya: anyone within range of me here that'd like to use the buddy system on Obama/his acolytes and attend?

If I manage to go, what should I ask? Some thoughts: ask him if he has any intention to stop inflation, and if so, how; ask how can he look a veteran like me in the eye and tell me that leaving Iraq WELL BEFORE 2013 is 'irresponsible.' Any thoughts?

Bonus question: anyone have some Ron Paul paraphernalia they could send me? I don't have any, and one time the campaign said they would but never did.

P.S. Shit, never knew there was a 'HeadQuarters' for anyone in my puny town. Ron oughtta come out and do a similar event!

ThePieSwindler
12-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Don't act like you're a Ron Paul supporter, just go and ask him grilling questions. Do as much research as you can on Obama. Ask him things like, why he voted to extend the patriot act, why he has missed like 80% of his votes in the Senate, when he is a first term senator, if he really feels he has the "vision" to lead, etc. Ah yes but do remind him youre a veteran of the Iraq war, ask him why he is for selective policies like getting around of Iraq, but not of other nations, etc. Try to find inconsistencies in his record, but ask them as if they are honest, and as if you are a concerned Obama supporter, i guess. Don't just act like a heckler..

jgmaynard
12-22-2007, 03:14 PM
You could breifly mention the inflation tax, and ask his opinion as to whther the CPI or MZM is a better indicator of inflation and why, and just watch him flop around. :)

JM

Shink
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
You could breifly mention the inflation tax, and ask his opinion as to whther the CPI or MZM is a better indicator of inflation and why, and just watch him flop around. :)

JM

Well...I'm very much a BEGINNER economist...I don't have any of the books I'd need to read to be more learned yet...so I'd need to know what the MZM is better before asking him. Blind asking the blind what "blue" is. (Not exactly, but you get the point)

Oliver
12-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Don't act like you're a Ron Paul supporter, just go and ask him grilling questions.

His solution for the Dollar-crisis and how to solve
the debt comes into mind... :">

Joe3113
12-22-2007, 03:24 PM
ASK HIM ABOUT THE FEDERAL RESERVE THEN ASK HIM ABOUT THE CFR.......Quote Carol Quigley who said something like "The aim of the CFR is to create one world system of government under control of corporate elites".....

VoteRonPaul2008
12-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Oh boy I have a list, ask him why he spoke out against the Patriot Act then voted in favor of reauthorizing it, why does he want to increase military in Afganstan? Why does he accept money from lobbyists while denying it? Why does he criticize Hillary Clinton on her Iran vote when he missed the vote himself and co-sponosred the exact SAME BILL IN APRIL?

Why can't he pledge to have troops out of Iraq by 2013? why did he let the most abrasivily anti-gay gospel singers represent his campaign?

why doesn't he support gay marriage?

why does he have the poorest voting record?

Anti Federalist
12-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Don't act like you're a Ron Paul supporter, just go and ask him grilling questions. Do as much research as you can on Obama. Ask him things like, why he voted to extend the patriot act, why he has missed like 80% of his votes in the Senate, when he is a first term senator, if he really feels he has the "vision" to lead, etc. Ah yes but do remind him youre a veteran of the Iraq war, ask him why he is for selective policies like getting around of Iraq, but not of other nations, etc. Try to find inconsistencies in his record, but ask them as if they are honest, and as if you are a concerned Obama supporter, i guess. Don't just act like a heckler..

If he, Obama, is acting like most of the rest of the machine shills out there, you'll probably get run off just for asking those questions, no matter how polite you may be.

Adamsa
12-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Or you could just ask him what he thinks of Ron Paul. :P

TwiLeXia
12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't mention that you're a RP supporter when you enter, but later, if there's no more grilling questions to be asked, definitely ask what do you think of Ron Paul lol.

Shink
12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
LOL, I'll have to consider that. I didn't know he was anti-gay marriage, by the way. Should I ask him if he intends to run third party? Tell him he's losing in the polls...mention how his campaign cash won't translate to votes? :D

spivey378
12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
collapsing dollar

how can we get out of debt without raising taxes

Joe3113
12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Questions for Obama:

1. The federal reserve is a completely unconstitutional organisation that steals people's money through the inflation tax. Will you abolish it and support the constitution?

2. Carole Quigley said "The CFR believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established.” Given you are a member of the CFR, do you agree with this statement?"

3. In your opinion, is Ron Paul a patriot?

Shink
12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I think the dollar is probably one of the strongest plays I could make...how should I word it? I'd really like him to embarrass himself on it.

Ron2Win
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Ask him how M3 affects our economy? and what he thinks about reserve ratios.

Mandrik
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd ask him what he thinks about America having so many bases overseas and what purpose would they serve in his administration.

american.swan
12-22-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd ask him about the downing street memos.
I'd ask him if he could give me a brief review of the 10th amendment and how that equates to health care...(probably couldn't tell me the amendment.)
I would ask him if he would use the power in the Military Commissions Act to put special interest groups who over time have been blatently against the Constitution in jail.

I would ask him what economic training he has that qualifies him to run the US economy.

dircha
12-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Simple Question. The same question he dodged Gravel on.

"Will you promise us tonight that you will not authorize a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran?"

And he won't. And he'll try to dodge that. And many of his supporters there are going to see him for what he is.

Shink
12-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Simple Question. The same question he dodged Gravel on.

"Will you promise us tonight that you will not authorize a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran?"

And he won't. And he'll try to dodge that. And many of his supporters there are going to see him for what he is.

Good one. I'll take note of that one. I want to ask him all of these questions, but I doubt I get more than 6 words to embarrass him with before being ushered away. He's got Secret Service goons. Such a man of the people.

MrCobaltBlue
12-22-2007, 04:29 PM
"Senator Obama, Why are you owned by the Jewish Lobby? And how can we expect to avoid war with Iran if we have this lobby lying about Iran developing nuclear weapons?"

When asking hard hitting questions be sure to be ready to yell "Don't tase me bro!", the thoughtpolice don't like free thinkers.

Shink
12-22-2007, 04:33 PM
"Senator Obama, Why are you owned by the Jewish Lobby? And how can we expect to avoid war with Iran if we have this lobby lying about Iran developing nuclear weapons?"

When asking hard hitting questions be sure to be ready to yell "Don't tase me bro!", the thoughtpolice don't like free thinkers.

If I was tased in my own fucking high school (former), I'd be pretty pissed. Oh well, settlement money could ease my seething anger a bit.:cool:

RonPaulVolunteer
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
And wear a VERY thick jacket for when they pull out the Tazers.

Adamsa
12-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Wear a rubber suit. :P

Ask Obama about the dollar or what he thinks of Ron Paul who also has a lot of support amongst younger voters.

V-rod
12-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Don't ask him questions that are only connected to Ron Paul supporters. Just grill him on when are we getting out of Iraq. He has failed on that. Patriot Act is also a plus.

Moxxar
12-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Will you run as a third party candidate if you don't get the nomination?