PDA

View Full Version : Gallup poll: RP no registered support

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Republicans. (http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/07/usatgallup-poll.html)

Giuliani has the support of 30% of "Republicans and Republican leaners," vs. 28% a month ago; Thompson comes in with 20%, vs. 19% in June; McCain has 16%, vs. 18% a month earlier.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney remains in fourth, at 9% vs. 7% in June.

The current numbers for the rest of the Republicans included in the survey: Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, 6%; former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, 2%; Rep. Duncan Hunter, 2%; Rep. Tom Tancredo, 2%; Sen. Sam Brownback, 1%; Sen. Chuck Hagel, 1%; former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson, 1%. Neither former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore nor Rep. Ron Paul registered any support.

None of the Republican numbers change significantly if Gingrich is removed from the poll.

The survey of 394 Republicans and voters who "lean" Republican has a margin of error of +/- 5 percentage points.

Lord Xar
07-09-2007, 01:18 PM
where were these calls placed? California? I mean, where the callls are placed matter....

Duckman
07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I think the Gallup organization is going to look mighty stupid pretty soon.

nunaem
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
where were these calls placed? California? I mean, where the callls are placed matter....

NAtionally I think. I find it hard to believe Paul's support is negligible, but polls mean nothing anyway.

kylejack
07-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Ask a bunch of strangers about Ron Paul and you'll see blank faces. Its pretty true.

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't like it either, but it seems to square with what is being found by the people calling the Iowa delegates.

The solution to this is for us to get out there and start going door-to-door handing out campaign literature. We don't even have to say a word... just hand them the information.

Consider joining the group that is attempting to call all the Republican and independent voters in Iowa.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5537&page=7

Let's all make sure every single person in America has the opportunity to know about Dr. Paul's principles and stances on the issues. That is how we will win this thing!

ARealConservative
07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Those of you questioning these numbers - do you go out and talk to people about Dr. Paul?

I do - constantly - and I believe these numbers. I once stopped 27 people in a row without a single person knowing who Dr. Paul was. the streak finally ended with the 28th person saying "he blames us for 9/11".

FreedomLover
07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Polls at this point in time are strictly name recognition. There is no deep thought given in most of these answers because most of the nation isnt that crazy about looking at the candidates yet on their own.

But, one way to fix it is to keep getting Ron Paul's name out there however you can: signs, phones, emails, etc.

fedup100
07-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Do you know who owns Gallup Polls? That should answer your questions.

paulitics
07-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I truly believe they are rigging the polls. Even the democrat side makes no sense with Klinton's supposed commanding lead. 9 out of 10 people that I talk to have made up their minds that they would never vote for her. And didn't Obama beat her in fundraising total made up of primarily individuals? Same thing with Giuliani. If you look at his fundraising he does not have alot of supporters, just alot of big donors from special interest.. And finally Ron Paul at 0 percent.? So, there are no disenfranchised voters, they all support neverending wars and an Orwellian police state. The ideas of liberty and personal resposibility are only big on the internet, and do not resonate in the "real world". The majority of Americans will hand over the liberties willingly to socailist fascists like Klinton or Frudy Romson.
Something doesn't add up. We need to rise up and prove that RP has a real shot. Someone mentioned that the campaign should do their own polling (or meet up groups can particiapte in conducting one) and I'm beginning to think this is a good idea for the simple fact that this polls are destroying the public's perception about his real chances, therfore effecting the reality. Stephanopolos(sp) is vindicated every time a poll shows the longshot at no measurable support.

Buzz
07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
These polls are so pseudo-scientific it's not even funny.

AZ Libertarian
07-09-2007, 01:50 PM
All those are basically hand-in-hand with MSM polls - of COURSE they aren't going to show Ron any more than Fox would report his winning 65% in the New Hampshire Straw Poll - If it makes Ron look good, it WILL be buried.

Keep hammering at the gates - I see CRACKS!

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

"Don't let the bastards wear you down"

poll results HERE: http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-wins-a-new-hampshire-straw-poll.html

Noodles
07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Honestly, I have encountered NO ONE that knows the name Ron Paul while handing out my homemade flyers. I have also not encountered anyone that wasn't at least receptive once I gave them a brief rundown of his platform. Most have been very interested. And EVERY SINGLE PERSON that I have cajoled into going to YouTube for the Ron Paul videos is now a Ron Paul supporter.

Simply put, we have to quickly burn RON PAUL into the brains of millions of Americans. That is our first challenge, and being first it is the most important.
If we fail this first challenge, all else is lost.

With that end in mind, I propose that even BAD publicity is better than nothing. The supporters of this Revolution are hardcore. Nothing we see on the television is going to sway our convictions. As for the great unwashed masses, even bad publicity will cause many to turn their browsers toward Ron Paul to find out what the fuss is about. Some will convert. Obviously, we want good publicity. But as we near the primaries, if we are still suffering from lack of name recognition, we must find ways to inject Ron Paul into the MSM headlines.

Food for thought.

Wyurm
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
NAtionally I think. I find it hard to believe Paul's support is negligible, but polls mean nothing anyway.

Well, not exactly true. Alot of the debates have started requiring that participants have at least 1% in a nationally recognized poll, and the debates do matter, if you look at the web traffic spikes on Alexia, the largest ones are from the debates.

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Polls at this point in time are strictly name recognition. There is no deep thought given in most of these answers because most of the nation isnt that crazy about looking at the candidates yet on their own.

But, one way to fix it is to keep getting Ron Paul's name out there however you can: signs, phones, emails, etc.

Yes, exactly. If we can all call Iowa voters now and win Ames that would help--plus our local voter education efforts!

AZ Libertarian
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
And it's funny that when I went to pick up my wife at work yesterday, a man came up to our car and asked where I got my RP bumper stickers, and proceeded to tell me that Ron was his congressman when he lived in Texas, and after a short talk I believe he will be at our next MeetUp!

Ron may not have the name recognition we would LIKE to see (at this time) but let us keep plugging away and we'll just see a different picture by the time the National Conventions happen (and by their trying to move up the times of the primaries PROVES that we ARE having an impact and that some are running scared already!).

SCREAM from the rooftops:

AN HONEST MAN IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT - AND HIS NAME IS RON PAUL!!!!!

crooked politicians beware.....

mport1
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I believe it. After getting out on the streets to campaign, almost nobody has ever heard of him and if so it is in a bad context of him "blaming" us for 9/11. We need to much better in the "real" world.

maiki
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I think they are using an "old" poll. The latest Gallup poll had RP at 2%...

Noodles
07-09-2007, 02:43 PM
2% would be an increase of infinity%. That's pretty impressive.

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Ask people if they heard of the other candidates...better yet ask if they heard of the Gallup poll.

rich34
07-09-2007, 02:52 PM
There is no need to worry at this point. Right now all these polls ain't nothing more than a popularity contest. When it gets closer to the election and people start paying attention Ron Paul will attract multitudes more to his cause to go along with what he has already built up!

A storm is a brewin people! We are the riders! When the storm hits as the people wake up and start paying attention to the election process Ron Paul will have a huge advantage over all other candidates! Already will he have a huge groundswell of support in place! Already will he have the most enthusiastic and energetic supporters! Don't worry about these polls right now just keep spreading the message! Imagine how many of us are out there right now yet, Ron is not polling? Wait until he polls like 10% that will be like 20 or 25 for anyone else. Lets be patient people we're going to take this thing all the way to the White House!

emilysdad
07-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Gallop should provide a bit more information when they release poll numbers. It insults my intellegence to think 394 so called random participants represents the thinking of a country with 300 million people. Where do they get the phone numbers of leaners? What states do they reside in? How is the question asked? Such as...Do you prefer Guilani or Romney?

That said, I pay no attention to these polls. It just further demonstrates the desperation of the powers to be.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!

p.s. Will be in Mountain View of Saturday to hear the good doctor speak.

quickmike
07-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I hear people coming up with all these ideas on getting people to know the name Ron Paul.

Heres my question.

Why dont each of you get out there and knock on a door and hand people a brocure? Im talking every single Ron Paul supporter.

Thats what its going to take to get the name out there, not standing on a street corner with your buddies holding up a sign. If we dont get out there and do this, Ron Paul will lose. I guarantee it!!!!

Tell me, why doesnt anyone do this? I know a few do, but thats not enough. Its gonna take every single RP supporter out there doing this to at least get his name known.

Are you guys too scared? Are you chicken shit? I dont understand for the life of me why we all arent doing this.

Mark my words.......... HE WILL LOSE IF WE DONT DO THIS.

ZackM
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I know the average forum goer probably isn't overly versed in statistics - When a poll has a margin of error of say 5%, they're not kidding. When you use a sample to infer the results of a large population, you can never get an absolute result, only a range that you expect the true value to fall within. The larger the sample size, the tighter that range becomes.

So all we can really infer from this poll is that Paul's support is "less than 5%" among the population the poll was trying to sample (likely republican primary voters). Any other inferences are not statistically valid.

Based on the responses in this forum i'd venture to say the polls are accurate in so much as they are testing - "if you had to vote today, who would you vote for?" I'd like to know what % of those polled feel they have informed themselves sufficiently to cast a vote - I'm sure the overwhelming majority would say "no" as the general electorate does not start paying attention this early.

I'd also like to see this compared to name recognition. I doubt Dr. Paul would be higher than 5-10% - Where as McCain and Guiliani are probably 95% + with Thompson and Romney not far behind. That means we have virtually unlimited growth potential. People are very receptive of the message of given a chance to hear it.

kylejack
07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Many I talk to have heard of McCain. Most have heard of Rudy.

Bob Cochran
07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Ask a bunch of strangers about Ron Paul and you'll see blank faces. Its pretty true.
I work with other aerospace engineers. These are educated, computer-savvy, mostly smart people.

None of them know anything about Ron Paul, other than what I've told them. The fact that he supports the Constitution, and has a stellar track record to prove it, is of little or no interest to them.

The mainstream media DOES in fact control what people think, because people let them -- they sit on their fat butts and watch mainstream TV and read mainstream newspapers and follow sports and think mainstream thoughts.

Dr. Paul still has a very uphill battle. It will take much more than just conquering the Youtube crowd and the bloggers.

There are many good people on this forum. I hope you won't be too disappointed in what will most likely be the outcome of the 2008 election. But other Ron Pauls will emerge, and some day we just might get our country back.

Bob Cochran
07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Are you guys too scared? Are you chicken shit? I dont understand for the life of me why we all arent doing this.

You are right. Mark MY words -- he will lose even if we do. The Ron Paul message is fantastic, so is his integrity. I like his thinking a great deal. Does this mean he can be President? Well..........................

The powers that be are powerful. The can and do manipulate the masses in ways only a few can detect and understand.

There will have to be a lot more pain felt in this country before the anesthetized masses care enough to demand real change. For now, we're gonna get Fred or Barack...someone like that. Not enough people care or comprehend to keep it from happening.

I hope I am proven wrong.

cac1963
07-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I hear people coming up with all these ideas on getting people to know the name Ron Paul.

Heres my question.

Why dont each of you get out there and knock on a door and hand people a brocure? Im talking every single Ron Paul supporter.

Thats what its going to take to get the name out there, not standing on a street corner with your buddies holding up a sign. If we dont get out there and do this, Ron Paul will lose. I guarantee it!!!!

Tell me, why doesnt anyone do this? I know a few do, but thats not enough. Its gonna take every single RP supporter out there doing this to at least get his name known.

My city is currently in the midst of a big mayoral battle to elect a new mayor and entire city council, to replace the fiasco of a mayor whose term is ending. The newspaper is full of councilmember wannabees and mayor wannabees prancing in front of the cameras trying to get people's support. They've even infiltrated all the churches around here trying to rally support for themselves, and the paper keeps writing about it.

When you plant a Ron Paul for President sign in the middle of 15 local boob's signs, it not only subliminally connects Paul to the current frenzy but completely obscures the man and his message. When you ask people on the street, as I have, if they'd consider voting for Ron Paul they roll their eyes in disgust at yet another bozo asking for votes and wave you off or walk away. The climate right now is not very good inside the city.

However, out in the county and in smaller rural areas, people aren't distracted by a current local election and are more receptive to a message about Ron Paul. So that's where we're focusing our efforts, in little fairs and gun shows and flea markets and car shows outside the city. And the efforts seem to be warming people up to Paul. But inside the city at this point in time, you can forget it.

Ronstock '08
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I have encountered NO ONE that knows the name Ron Paul while handing out my homemade flyers. I have also not encountered anyone that wasn't at least receptive once I gave them a brief rundown of his platform. Most have been very interested. And EVERY SINGLE PERSON that I have cajoled into going to YouTube for the Ron Paul videos is now a Ron Paul supporter.

Simply put, we have to quickly burn RON PAUL into the brains of millions of Americans. That is our first challenge, and being first it is the most important.
If we fail this first challenge, all else is lost.

With that end in mind, I propose that even BAD publicity is better than nothing. The supporters of this Revolution are hardcore. Nothing we see on the television is going to sway our convictions. As for the great unwashed masses, even bad publicity will cause many to turn their browsers toward Ron Paul to find out what the fuss is about. Some will convert. Obviously, we want good publicity. But as we near the primaries, if we are still suffering from lack of name recognition, we must find ways to inject Ron Paul into the MSM headlines.

Food for thought.

You are 100% correct. Probably 95% of Americans have no idea who RP is. You, me and all other RP supporters have got to get the message out.

Bradley in DC
07-09-2007, 03:21 PM
You are 100% correct. Probably 95% of Americans have no idea who RP is. You, me and all other RP supporters have got to get the message out.

Educate in our local areas and call Iowa voters

Bossobass
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
There seem to be a few very preachy individuals with a monumentally negative attitude posting recently.

I'm not into telling people what they ought to be doing. I'm damn sure against whipping them while I tell them.

You lead by example. State your current method and leave it at that, will ya?

When I made my RP vid the first week in April. It took me a week to get the gumption up to upload it to You Tube. Yes, every single person I talked to never heard of RP. That was 3 months ago and, guess what? If you ask those 100s of people I've talked to since who RP is, they'll tell you straight up in a heartbeat.

I traveled to the debates in SC and NH and the rally in Iowa. The crowds grew from 100 to 400 to over a thousand in 10 weeks.

I met a couple in NH who are about my age. The guy said that he had a dream that he arrived to the debate rally in NH and it was like Woodstock. He had to park miles away and walk.

I had a very similar dream while heading to the SC debate, and no negative spew is gonna take that away from me. I know it sounds a bit sappy, but I've seen the growth become exponential. I've taked to The Mighty Kent Snyder, Lew Moore and RP and they confirm seeing it in the bank accounts and in their travels across the country.

All of this in 90 DAYS!

The suggestions are good ones, but the whole road gang boss approach is actually a bit insulting to those of us who have pushed our guts and brains to the limit since the beginning.

As far as 'scientific' polls go:

DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN

Chicago, IL (PRWeb) September 23, 2004 – An article entitled, “Dewey Beats Truman Again – Or Why We Can’t Always Trust Polls” in the September 20, 2004 issue of the weekly web magazine News Informant, warns against accepting at face value that all presidential polls are as accurate as they say. Just last week, the article points out, four different reliable organizations released poll results. While three showed the two major party candidates, President George W. Bush with a lead of one percent over Senator John F. Kerry, or a statistical tie between the two, the survey from the Gallup organization showed a lead by the President of 11 percent among “likely voters.”

A good and quick article:

http://www.gradethenews.org/dreamhost%20files/pagesfolder/Pollstory3.htm

RP is coming to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC. We'll be there in a caravan of decked out vehicles.
RP will win the debate in Iowa Aug 5. I'll be there.
I'm knocking on doors with a little program I'm trying in urban black areas. I'll let everyone know if it has any success.
Whatever you can do...DO. Never be discouraged. RP isn't. He schlepps his own bags and travels alone many times, from sun up to sun down. He leads by example. When My youngest son met him, he said 'I want to thank you for all you're doing for me and my generation (Tim is 20). RP immediately said, 'NO. Thank YOU, young man, for being here. One heckuvan example, IMHO.

Bosso

LibertyEagle
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
So that's where we're focusing our efforts, in little fairs and gun shows and flea markets and car shows outside the city. And the efforts seem to be warming people up to Paul. But inside the city at this point in time, you can forget it.

Now THAT'S a good idea. We should be hitting every single one of these things. Especially GUN SHOWS. Be sure and take with you what Gun Owners' of America says about him. Dr. Paul should be a sure win with gun advocates.

"Texas Congressman Ron Paul's pro-gun credentials are impeccable and he has been a leading proponent of rolling back the past 40 years of gun control." -- Gun Owners of America

JoshLowry
07-09-2007, 05:13 PM
There seem to be a few very preachy individuals with a monumentally negative attitude posting recently.

I'm not into telling people what they ought to be doing. I'm damn sure against whipping them while I tell them.

You lead by example. State your current method and leave it at that, will ya?

When I made my RP vid the first week in April. It took me a week to get the gumption up to upload it to You Tube. Yes, every single person I talked to never heard of RP. That was 3 months ago and, guess what? If you ask those 100s of people I've talked to since who RP is, they'll tell you straight up in a heartbeat.

I traveled to the debates in SC and NH and the rally in Iowa. The crowds grew from 100 to 400 to over a thousand in 10 weeks.

I met a couple in NH who are about my age. The guy said that he had a dream that he arrived to the debate rally in NH and it was like Woodstock. He had to park miles away and walk.

I had a very similar dream while heading to the SC debate, and no negative spew is gonna take that away from me. I know it sounds a bit sappy, but I've seen the growth become exponential. I've taked to The Mighty Kent Snyder, Lew Moore and RP and they confirm seeing it in the bank accounts and in their travels across the country.

All of this in 90 DAYS!

The suggestions are good ones, but the whole road gang boss approach is actually a bit insulting to those of us who have pushed our guts and brains to the limit since the beginning.

As far as 'scientific' polls go:

DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN

Chicago, IL (PRWeb) September 23, 2004 – An article entitled, “Dewey Beats Truman Again – Or Why We Can’t Always Trust Polls” in the September 20, 2004 issue of the weekly web magazine News Informant, warns against accepting at face value that all presidential polls are as accurate as they say. Just last week, the article points out, four different reliable organizations released poll results. While three showed the two major party candidates, President George W. Bush with a lead of one percent over Senator John F. Kerry, or a statistical tie between the two, the survey from the Gallup organization showed a lead by the President of 11 percent among “likely voters.”

A good and quick article:

http://www.gradethenews.org/dreamhost%20files/pagesfolder/Pollstory3.htm

RP is coming to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC. We'll be there in a caravan of decked out vehicles.
RP will win the debate in Iowa Aug 5. I'll be there.
I'm knocking on doors with a little program I'm trying in urban black areas. I'll let everyone know if it has any success.
Whatever you can do...DO. Never be discouraged. RP isn't. He schlepps his own bags and travels alone many times, from sun up to sun down. He leads by example. When My youngest son met him, he said 'I want to thank you for all you're doing for me and my generation (Tim is 20). RP immediately said, 'NO. Thank YOU, young man, for being here. One heckuvan example, IMHO.

Bosso

Well said.

Keep doing your thing Bosso.

american.swan
07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I think the polls are fairly believable. Like some have said, if you get out and talk to ignorant America you will find that they only say so and so's name because they have heard it on the radio or TV and have searched for any alternatives. Name Recognition.

Does Ron Paul have support? Sure. But the polls don't reflect it, because again of the 200 million Americans, few care about politics and have no idea about police state.

The few, the proud, the Money Elite run the show and are in the know.

The few, the proud, the Research Elite are On-line and are in the know.

The vast majority either don't care or are ignorant. Making the polls quiet accurate.

Look.

There is a video you need to see. It's on YouTUBE. The video is mainly about Greg Palast's new book, but also in there is Robert Kennedy Jr a constitution lawyer talking about red states and blue states and he found some very interesting statistics on Republicans.

Republicans, do to the news sources they have, honestly have no clue what is going on in general.

The Republicans on this forum are the few, the proud, the informed. It is vitally important to flood local newspapers and any local anything capable of spreading the word about Dr Paul's real message. Make CD-R's of Ron Paul's best YouTube video's. If you have a video upload it to video.google.com, because it is easier to download there.

This is a few informed against the uninformed masses. We are running out of time to get his name out there. Ron Paul will win, but the clock is ticking. The "establishment" is ahead and waiting for the final buzzer to sound. If we can score before the buzzer, we'll win easy.

Bossobass
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Well said.

Keep doing your thing Bosso.

Hah, my hero, Josh Lowry. Standing up to the Fed Reserve henchmen on the 4th of July:eek: :cool:

I wanted you to know that I read the Patriot Act and there is a section in it that authorizes Fed Reserve Bank employees to pack heat, assume police status, arrest and sh**t at their discretion.

I'm just sayin' :D

And, you know I will ;)

Bosso

rp4prez
07-09-2007, 07:25 PM
394 voters polled... give me a freak'n break.. this doesn't mean crap.

STA654
07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
It's very hard to believe that Ron Paul has gone down from 3% to 0% in recent weeks.

rp4prez
07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
It's very hard to believe that Ron Paul has gone down from 3% to 0% in recent weeks.

with the way they polled it's not surprising... they only called 394 registered republicans... not exactly a big enough random sample to make a whole hill of beans.

Spatch67
07-09-2007, 08:14 PM
When I think about it, it is reported that the number of Americans who actually vote in Presidential elections is around 35-40% (unsure of the exact statistics, but I think I'm in the ballpark).

The reason for this is that people are generally turned off by the choices they have. There really is no real alternative. I am one of those who have just not found the motivation to take time out from my day to go stand in line to vote for bullshit artists.

I am curious to see how the RP message resonates among those who are like me and am willing to vote. I think there is a large market out there of unregistered voters who, if given the RP message, may finally find it worth their time to register and vote. His appeal is universal to the moderate right and moderate left.

If we can turn enough people on, then all we have to do is get rid of the electronic voting machines and have an actual accountable method of balloting, and we are golden :)