PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about iVotronic Machines?

pahs1994
12-22-2007, 02:55 PM
My county in pennsylvania switched to iVotronic machines a few years ago. Last time i voted they were still those big mechanical booths where you pull the little levers down. Does anyone know if these types of machines have a paper trail or not? i tried google searching it but i didnt find anything really indepth on them. Its kinda scary to think that it is all electronic, the point of having elections isn't to have the votes all counted in 20 minutes, it is to have them accuratly counted who cares if it takes a week.

Dr.3D
12-22-2007, 03:05 PM
My county in pennsylvania switched to iVotronic machines a few years ago. Last time i voted they were still those big mechanical booths where you pull the little levers down. Does anyone know if these types of machines have a paper trail or not? i tried google searching it but i didnt find anything really indepth on them. Its kinda scary to think that it is all electronic, the point of having elections isn't to have the votes all counted in 20 minutes, it is to have them accuratly counted who cares if it takes a week.

It appears this machine only makes a paper report of the total rather than each vote.
It stores each vote in flash memory then after the closing of the polls, the memory is checked to get the results and a paper is printed from that.

The machine does have security flaws...... see the link below for more info:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/4/20/235643/442

pahs1994
12-22-2007, 04:44 PM
thank you. that article explains alot about them

Dr.3D
12-22-2007, 04:50 PM
thank you. that article explains alot about them

:)