PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take to fix three bungee cords then launch for Florida?

walt
12-22-2007, 01:05 PM
:D hmmm?

Delain
12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Is this a trick question?

cien750hp
12-22-2007, 01:09 PM
i'll say...three minutes! maybe it being a blimp though makes things more complicated..

walt
12-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking the ever effiient blimp should have already launched for Florida. Please tell me we aren't wasting even more days.

Tampa Bay Forecast...

Tonight: Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. North northeast wind at 5 mph becoming east southeast.

Sunday: Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 78. South southeast wind at 5 mph becoming west southwest.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. North northwest wind around 6 mph.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Northeast wind around 6 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. Northeast wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm.

Christmas Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.

AtomiC
12-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Yes I think Florida would be the perfect place.

The weather is nice down here and there aren't too many people who know about Ron Paul. When they see the blimp, it will be a beacon in the sky and many people will talk about it.

NerveShocker
12-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Why on earth do you think they would waste any time? You are actually suggesting they are delaying on purpose? If you go to the blimp site it updates you daily on what they are doing and why. Most of the delays have been caused by weather.. is that also their fault? How random it is that you actually think they would purposefully waste time. What don't you understand these people support Ron Paul just like all of us and they are doing their best! And from what I read on their site Florida is a likely next destination.

Ethek
12-22-2007, 01:15 PM

The weather is nice down here and there aren't too many people who know about Ron Paul. When they see the blimp, it will be a beacon in the sky and many people will talk about it.

if we pull better that Giuliani in FL his campaign is doomed.

walt
12-22-2007, 01:18 PM

bingo

After Ron wins NH, this is where the attacks will be nasty and by direct mail about social security - the weather up north will suck this week in IA, MI, NH - go to Florida now - preemptive strike - lots of travelers from all over the USA for word of mouth effect, etc.

AtomiC
12-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Yes, but Florida is probably going to be the hardest state to win IMO.

I don't see too many RP supporters down here, but I've seen a big Rudy Giuliani billboard off of the interstate. We've got a lot of work to do down here I believe. :D

banjojambo9
12-22-2007, 01:27 PM
stop and think a blimp is a balloon- take a helium baloon outside in the wind and try attaching something to it. I think you will realize very quickly a 200 foot blimp is quite a handfull

walt
12-22-2007, 01:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density

Birdlady
12-22-2007, 01:51 PM

I don't see too many RP supporters down here, but I've seen a big Rudy Giuliani billboard off of the interstate. We've got a lot of work to do down here I believe. :D

I feel the same way about Pennsylvania and ironically PA and FL have the largest elderly population in the US. :D

Those two states swap a good portion of their populations in the summer and winter months.

I actually saw a Rudy sign in someone's yard. :eek: I was thinking about taking a picture of it just so people would believe me. lol

Avalon
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Why on earth do you think they would waste any time? You are actually suggesting they are delaying on purpose? If you go to the blimp site it updates you daily on what they are doing and why. Most of the delays have been caused by weather.. is that also their fault? How random it is that you actually think they would purposefully waste time. What don't you understand these people support Ron Paul just like all of us and they are doing their best! And from what I read on their site Florida is a likely next destination.

You have to understand that of Walt's 1500 posts, a third of them have been complaints (mostly of the official campaign). Even when he has an idea/suggestion like this he has to make it into an criticism on the people leading campaign efforts. It's likely he's just jealous of their success/hard work and also happens to be a know-it-all so it manifests itself through that.

BeFranklin
12-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Could someone from the blimp team tell us how much time it has actually been up in the air for this month? The blimp company is selling time by minutes. I'm not sure they are close to meeting obligations for time sold though.

The blimp has been out of the air multiple times due to weather, putting on the first banner, then second banner at different time, and so on. Now to put cords back on. How much time has the blimp actually been in the air?

LibertyForAll
12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
My understanding is that for the blimp to enter and exit the hangar, winds have to be low...around 6mph. Fixing the banner is easy enough, but the wind conditions have to be right when entering and exiting the hangar. My guess is that they are waiting now on proper wind conditions.

bbachtung
12-22-2007, 02:47 PM
You have to understand that of Walt's 1500 posts, a third of them have been complaints (mostly of the official campaign). Even when he has an idea/suggestion like this he has to make it into an criticism on the people leading campaign efforts. It's likely he's just jealous of their success/hard work and also happens to be a know-it-all so it manifests itself through that.

Walt may be a bit negative and critical at times, but he has done a LOT of work on this campaign, including gathering tons of signatures for Illinois ballot access and actually going outside and campaigning for the good doctor.

BeFranklin
12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Been wanting to ask, because of the thread title --

So how many lawyers does it take to fix a bungee cord???? :D

Jobarra
12-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Florida is nice, and don't forget Mobile County, Alabama around Jan 26th when the Senior Bowl takes place. We also vote the day after Florida. The rest of the state votes on the 5th. I'm sure there will be exit pollsters out though because we are right next to Florida and the only game in town before Feb 5th ;) Don't forget we will be in the middle of mardi gras parades as well with thousands of people out on the streets and looking up for throws :D

walt
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
My understanding is that for the blimp to enter and exit the hangar, winds have to be low...around 6mph. Fixing the banner is easy enough, but the wind conditions have to be right when entering and exiting the hangar. My guess is that they are waiting now on proper wind conditions.

well then they better get it the hell out of there today, high winds are forecast Sunday and Monday.

walt
12-22-2007, 03:50 PM
The site now says this - it appears that 4 days will now be lost (and they'll miss the Jacksonville NFL game tommorow).

Jasksonville on the 29th? There's a NFL game in Tampa Bay that day.

and they propose taking off for New Years Day. Are they insane? Michigan (hello a state that is 1/15) plays in Orlando!!! OMG

Those that call us Paultards will have a field day with this stuff...please use some logic or bring in someone capable of it.

Monday, December 24
All day Planning for FL WhenDec 24, 2007
DescriptionSporting Events Get a TV crew in the airship and we have more access to sporting events. GryoStabalized Broadcast camera and crew- 25k for three days Wed - 26th Elizabeth City NC - leave 8am arrive Savannah GA pm (some circle time Savvannah) Thurs- 27th Savannah GA leave 8 am arrive Jacksonville pm (some circle time in Jax) Fri - 28th Jacksonville FL - (media and city circle) Sat - 29th Jackconville FL leave 8am arrive Orlando (some circle time in Orlando) Sun - 30th Orlando - media rides Monday 31st fly Orlando again- media or rides teus - Jan 1st off wed - Jan 2nd off Thurs - Jan 3rd Orland cut to beach fly south to North Perry/Miami Fri - Jan 4th media in Miami (no media West Palm to Miami) Sat - Jan 5th

honkywill
12-22-2007, 05:05 PM

That's weird to hear.

When we go sign waving in Dothan, AL it seems that half the honks we get are people with Florida tags.

steph3n
12-22-2007, 05:24 PM

You been to miami? :)

Duckman
12-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Florida's got plenty of Ron Paul supporters. Remember the Youtube debate? There was a frickin' Ron Paul boat out there!

Plus, Disney World attracts a gajillion people from all over the US and the world, so if the blimp passes over the Kissimmee/Disney area that would be a gold mine.

LynnB
12-22-2007, 05:29 PM

This is absolute truth! I've never seen so many uninformed voters--- BAAA-d! (sheep sounds) :D

AtomiC
12-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Hehe Florida does have a lot of Ron Paul supporters but there is a lot of Rudy Giuliani supporters as well. There's also a lot of people turning over to the Huckster.

I'm from central Florida so I don't know about the other parts, but around here its stale. :p

Mckarnin
12-22-2007, 11:05 PM
The site now says this - it appears that 4 days will now be lost (and they'll miss the Jacksonville NFL game tommorow).

Jasksonville on the 29th? There's a NFL game in Tampa Bay that day.

and they propose taking off for New Years Day. Are they insane? Michigan (hello a state that is 1/15) plays in Orlando!!! OMG

Those that call us Paultards will have a field day with this stuff...please use some logic or bring in someone capable of it.

Monday, December 24
All day Planning for FL WhenDec 24, 2007
DescriptionSporting Events Get a TV crew in the airship and we have more access to sporting events. GryoStabalized Broadcast camera and crew- 25k for three days Wed - 26th Elizabeth City NC - leave 8am arrive Savannah GA pm (some circle time Savvannah) Thurs- 27th Savannah GA leave 8 am arrive Jacksonville pm (some circle time in Jax) Fri - 28th Jacksonville FL - (media and city circle) Sat - 29th Jackconville FL leave 8am arrive Orlando (some circle time in Orlando) Sun - 30th Orlando - media rides Monday 31st fly Orlando again- media or rides teus - Jan 1st off wed - Jan 2nd off Thurs - Jan 3rd Orland cut to beach fly south to North Perry/Miami Fri - Jan 4th media in Miami (no media West Palm to Miami) Sat - Jan 5th

There are required days off for the blimp crew. The two at Christmas and the two at the New Year are part of that.

Ethek
12-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Sad but understandable. So we are going to Televise a game for the NFL? awesome. National attention

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 02:09 AM
There are required days off for the blimp crew. The two at Christmas and the two at the New Year are part of that.

What do you mean, "required"? WHO requires it?:confused:

Man from La Mancha
12-23-2007, 02:27 AM
What do you mean, "required"? WHO requires it?:confused:I think is called a contract between employer and employee:p

LibertyEagle
12-23-2007, 02:47 AM
I think is called a contract between employer and employee:p

If that is so, it certainly is unfortunate. We are going to miss the biggest football games of the year, aren't we? It may be a rumor, but I heard there were far more people present at the New Years Day football games, than there were in the middle of Chesapeake Bay. ;)

BeFranklin
12-23-2007, 02:50 AM
If that is so, it certainly is unfortunate. We are going to miss the biggest football games of the year, aren't we? It may be a rumor, but I heard there were far more people present at the New Years Day football games, than there were in the middle of Chesapeake Bay. ;)

I never knew that blimps didn't fly for football games, I recalled they did.

walt
12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Right now we're at 5 days and it's still not back on the air.

Ilhaguru
12-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Right now we're at 5 days and it's still not back on the air.

Today (Thursday) might be do able. They got 7-8 knots of wind from the SSW, and the hangar is aligned with the wind direction. . . unless there is some sort of effect or other reason I am not aware of, this should help out.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a blimp or aviation expert. Hopefully 7-8 knots is low enough.