PDA

View Full Version : ***Please read & critique*** Ron Paul Vehicle Wraps, Wrap your car with RON PAUL

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 11:35 AM
visit...... www.Drive4RonPaul.com

http://www.weyandfloors.com/images/rp1_revolution.JPG

Of late, we Ron Paul supporters, have banded together and resourcefully
coordinated a movement tantamount to none other.

For a fraction of the cost of any other type of advertising, the average driver can introduce President-to-be Ron Paul to 70,000 potential voters per day! Just keep your regular driving habits to make a huge impact by 2008. This is crappy design work but I’m not an artist. If you would like to contribute your artistic talents please let me know. Templates for any car are easily obtainable just ask me.

http://www.weyandfloors.com/images/rp2_car.JPG

The graphics are printed on vinyl that is basically shrink-wrapped around your car. A wrap is completely removable, leaves no residue and literally protects your car’s paint from UV rays and nature’s sometimes harsh elements.

Just think if we could get one person in each major city to contribute to the cause by lending their car for the duration of the Ron Paul campaign/presidency. Using the vehicle to attract attention, a person could park on a street corner and educate the public about Ron Paul’s ideals and visions. We would basically copy Red Bull’s business model, by hitting campuses and clubs, sporting events or trade show’s maximizing Ron’s exposure in every possible niche’.

***ALL WE NEED ARE VOLUNTEERS AT THIS POINT***
***KEEP IN MIND THERE IS NO COST TO THE VOLUNTEER UNLESS THEY CHOOSE TO DONATE***

If you own or lease a car its possible advertising area could support Ron Paul and America! Get on the list of volunteers!

Name:______________________________________
E-Mail:_________________________________
City:______________________________
State:______
Zip:________
Phone #( ____)____________
Vehicle Make:__________________
Vehicle Model:_____________________
Vehicle Year:________

*Get this info to: Drive4RonPaul@gmail.comwww.Drive4RonPaul.com

DealzOnWheelz
12-22-2007, 11:40 AM
This Is An Amazing Idea I Was Actually Just Thinking About It

hawks4ronpaul
12-22-2007, 11:42 AM
This is a very good idea, although "Ron Paul" should stand out from a distance.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

jblosser
12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
So since these already exist and are for sale and you're NOT providing a link to the seller, I guess you are looking to be a middleman and get some of your own benefit? That's cool and all -- go the market -- but here's the direct link for those that want it anyway:

http://www.familiesforfreedom.net/

http://www.familiesforfreedom.net/images/pro-rwraps.jpg

Mark Rushmore
12-22-2007, 11:59 AM
So since these already exist and are for sale and you're NOT providing a link to the seller, I guess you are looking to be a middleman and get some of your own benefit? That's cool and all -- go the market -- but here's the direct link for those that want it anyway:

When he said "looking for volunteers", I took it that this is a grassroots project to get cars in major population centers done up with Ron Paul wrap - not trying to sell a product? Like maybe there were some people who realized that not many people can drop $1000 to purchase the wrap from this company you link, and wanted to do a fund-drive to provide them strategically across the country?

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I just had this idea and did an image search on google. I have a friend who does vehicle wraps and I just put this post together on the fly.

I was more trying to put together a list of *volunteers*, and then go from there. We don't want the volunteers to pay for their own wraps, just volunteer their cars.

My buddy has a shop in Columbus, Ohio and Tampa, FL and he is a Ron Paul supporter. I am going to get in touch with this company and possible work with them as well. I wasn't trying to steal their idea or anything or be any kind of middle man.

I think if we coordinated with several companies like this across the country, we could get vehicles wrapped in every major city.

WE JUST NEED VOLUNTEERS. I AM WILLING TO COMPILE A LIST AND COORDINATE THIS EFFORT.

How sweet would that be.

hillertexas
12-22-2007, 12:04 PM
i think this is a great idea!

ConstitutionGal
12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
I just volunteered my car in Nashville. We'll see how it goes.

muabhcirk
12-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd definitely do this. Right now, I have this on my daily driver, but a wrap would be better:

http://www.krichbaum.net/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC00666.JPG

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 12:31 PM
This is great. I have 4 volunteers so far. I will organize this list, and get in touch with all the people that can do this in the regions where people volunteer.

We'll focus on funding later. We'll just get this list together and go from there. I am going to get a website running in the next 24 to 48 hours for this.

mudburn
12-22-2007, 12:46 PM
It looks like a GREAT idea! I live in a very rural area and drive as little as possible, or I would volunteer my 1996 Suburban.

dp

jahazii
12-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I would love to do this. I have a 2006 Tiburon, and constantly driving. I make the commute from Hammond to Baton Rouge all the time driving by lots of people.

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Shoot me an email with your contact info. I will stay in touch. I am scrambling to get a site up at the moment.

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-22-2007, 01:46 PM
I am a Service-Connected Disabled combat Veteran. I am 21 Years old and I volunteer regularly at the veteran’s hospital here in Ohio, as well as attend appointments and therapy sessions diagnosed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from my combat service in Baghdad.

My only passion is to help returning veterans get immediate attention upon returning home from a combat zone, and to repay veterans of previous generations the respect that they earned.
If this helps the vet’s, cost’s me nothing and won’t ruin my crummy paintjob, you can use my 1996 Nissan Sentra. Actually having Ron Paul on there might be an upgrade from the paintjob I already have. Ha-ha

I had a life changing insight yesterday. But my fingers are tired from typing so I’ll add that here in a little while. It’s about a story between a young vet (I) and an old vet that was in the battle of the bulge. An extremely profound story.

rfbz
12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
that http://www.familiesforfreedom.net/ charges a couple thousand for them to do it for you real nice. Obviously you could do it cheaper yourself but I'd be afraid of farking it up. It would be nice to get some friendly competition going to lower prices :)

BeFranklin
12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I think we ought to be able to get a large discount for a bulk order.

Delivered4000
12-22-2007, 02:43 PM
It's a little too congested, if you could simplify it and make it easier to read. There is just too much going on, and too much that could be removed

Santana28
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I am a Service-Connected Disabled combat Veteran. I am 21 Years old and I volunteer regularly at the veteran’s hospital here in Ohio, as well as attend appointments and therapy sessions diagnosed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from my combat service in Baghdad.

My only passion is to help returning veterans get immediate attention upon returning home from a combat zone, and to repay veterans of previous generations the respect that they earned.
If this helps the vet’s, cost’s me nothing and won’t ruin my crummy paintjob, you can use my 1996 Nissan Sentra. Actually having Ron Paul on there might be an upgrade from the paintjob I already have. Ha-ha

I had a life changing insight yesterday. But my fingers are tired from typing so I’ll add that here in a little while. It’s about a story between a young vet (I) and an old vet that was in the battle of the bulge. An extremely profound story.

My great-grandpa (who is still alive and living in Florida) was in the battle of the bulge. Please tell your story!

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT... its leased... if it weren't..... hmmmmm. I already have 5 bumper stickers and a sign on a stick, not to mention slimjims on the dashboard :)

ProBlue33
12-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Looks really awesome

govtpigII
12-22-2007, 03:39 PM
My company uses magnetic decals around 2' x 2' for our trucks. Is there anything like that for The Revolution. It would be nice to have something that is easily removable. For instance I can't g into work with a Ron Paul decal on my vehicle(Major Drug Company), however if I drive on trips I would like to have some decals on the doors..
Just an idea.

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Keep in mind, prices don't matter. There is going to be no cost for the volunteer unless they would like to donate funds as well. All that really matters is the assembly of this list of volunteered cars and companies willing to do these installations.

Also keep in mind, these are all going to be professionally installed AND removed when requested. So whether you lease or own, its completely safe for your car.

I am working overtime to get this site up and running. Which will clarify things a bit further.

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-22-2007, 04:33 PM
what was the email address to send the info too? And I'm working on writing my story about the older vet for whoever is interested!

jblosser
12-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I think we ought to be able to get a large discount for a bulk order.

I am the coordinator of the meetups in DFW, and the person who owns familiesforfreedom and put these wraps together is one of my asst organizers. She is already getting rock-bottom pricing both from the wrap manufacturer and from 3M, the former because he is a Paul supporter and the latter because the wraps place does a ton of business with them. These prices are already WAY lower than you would normally pay. I doubt they'll be able to take them lower.

polexi
12-22-2007, 05:13 PM
This would be great on my new Ford Ranger! :D A shame I'm in PA.

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-22-2007, 05:28 PM
I am the coordinator of the meetups in DFW, and the person who owns familiesforfreedom and put these wraps together is one of my asst organizers. She is already getting rock-bottom pricing both from the wrap manufacturer and from 3M, the former because he is a Paul supporter and the latter because the wraps place does a ton of business with them. These prices are already WAY lower than you would normally pay. I doubt they'll be able to take them lower.

That's great and all but i can't afford a wrap on my own. That company families for freedom is charging.... the alienguy says that it would be cost free... i dunno, i want to help but i shouldnt have to pay for the wrap on top of volunteering my car.... thats a little too much... if that company wants to wrap my car for free they can but i can't afford a thousand dollars, and i think that is true for the majority of us...

but i think that the goal is to build up a list of volunteers that would want to have their cars wrapped cost free, before we worry about pricing and what not.. money shouldnt be an issue if we find outside financing/donations.. leave that stuff up to the people with the money and know-how, the rest of us can just provide our info and wait to see if everything pans out. Remember we are pushing an idea here not a product or company...

jblosser
12-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Of course they are charging. The materials have cost, and it's hours of labor to apply them. Obviously someone has to pay for them at some point. If the guy who made this thread wants to find people to fund other people putting them on their cars that's great; I was responding to the person who was assuming they could get a group discount. There's just not a lot left to shave off.

Ball
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
My company uses magnetic decals around 2' x 2' for our trucks. Is there anything like that for The Revolution. It would be nice to have something that is easily removable. For instance I can't g into work with a Ron Paul decal on my vehicle(Major Drug Company), however if I drive on trips I would like to have some decals on the doors..
Just an idea.

There are lots of magnetic car stickers you can get for your truck, both from grassroots and the official campaign.

http://www.truckers4ronpaul.org/

I can't find my favorite one, but there are tons out there.

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I changed the title to reflect the fact that at this stage we are gathering volunteers.

The website is coming along and will be up by tomorrow evening. I want to thank everyone that has already volunteered or expressed their interest. Lets get a fleet of Ron Paul Mobiles going in every major city.

On a side note. Are there any graphic designers out there that could help design a vehicle wrap. Feel free to post pictures of designs so we can all critique them and come up with the perfect wrap. Please post suggestions here in addition to emailing me at:

Drive4RonPaul@gmail.com

Is there anything that can really stop us at this point. :)

Mark Rushmore
12-22-2007, 08:17 PM
I changed the title to reflect the fact that at this stage we are gathering volunteers.

The website is coming along and will be up by tomorrow evening. I want to thank everyone that has already volunteered or expressed their interest. Lets get a fleet of Ron Paul Mobiles going in every major city.

On a side note. Are there any graphic designers out there that could help design a vehicle wrap. Feel free to post pictures of designs so we can all critique them and come up with the perfect wrap. Please post suggestions here in addition to emailing me at:

plugg.undercover@gmail.com

Is there anything that can really stop us at this point. :)

In order for this to be most effective I would use the prices on the link provided earlier as a base figure on cost per wrap. Then figure out which areas you want to target and how many vehicles that means. Then figure out the resulting total price including the cost of having each wrap put on professionally (just average across regions to account for differences in local pricing).

Then consider if the total funds are realistically obtainable. If not cut out some regions or trim down the number of vehicles.

Then start raising funds on the assumption that worst case we can use the prices calculated - but best case we find a cheaper deal and can simply do more cars.

Mark Rushmore
12-22-2007, 08:21 PM
PS. After that I would make a map of the US showing prominently with big red dots what regions are covered - and let people donate to each region independently. That way people can weigh what they themselves think to be worthwhile - and most likely anyone who donates can get a chance to see the locally funded car in return.

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-22-2007, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Santana28;697828]My great-grandpa (who is still alive and living in Florida) was in the battle of the bulge. Please tell your story![QUOTE=Santana28;697828]

I'm working on the story I hope it's enjoyed and conveys the message I am trying to establish. If I don 't finish writing tonight it will def. be tomorrow and I'll post immediately.

P.s. Everybody else, I got my little brother to agree to donate the use of his volvo.... who's in charge of this thing and how do we know how many volunteers we have and where they are from, so we know what areas need volunteers the most, but still count me in for 2 cars in Columbus, Ohio!

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
My great-grandpa (who is still alive and living in Florida) was in the battle of the bulge. Please tell your story!

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT... its leased... if it weren't..... hmmmmm. I already have 5 bumper stickers and a sign on a stick, not to mention slimjims on the dashboard :)

I screwed up the quoting thing. I just wanted to post it correctly. Sorry I am kind of newb to forums still.

I'm working on the story I hope it's enjoyed and conveys the message I am trying to establish. If I don 't finish writing tonight it will def. be tomorrow and I'll post immediately.

P.s. Everybody else, I got my little brother to agree to donate the use of his volvo.... who's in charge of this thing and how do we know how many volunteers we have and where they are from, so we know what areas need volunteers the most, but still count me in for 2 cars in Columbus, Ohio!

alienpyro
12-22-2007, 11:13 PM
One last bump before I go to bed.

alienpyro
12-23-2007, 03:24 AM
midnight (4 am) snack

erin moore
12-23-2007, 03:42 AM
very nice, i'd be willing to step it up. :)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg245/eemoor03/truck2.jpg

derdy
12-23-2007, 04:17 AM
very nice, i'd be willing to step it up. :)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg245/eemoor03/truck2.jpg

NICE!

That's very professional! I wanted to write something on my back whindshield, but I'd rather have decals or a body-wrap!

If you're going to pimp your ride "Ron Paul" style, you might as well go all-out :D

Man from La Mancha
12-23-2007, 04:20 AM
What is the price, body wraps are over $1000? idon't understand how you say they will be free?

erin moore
12-23-2007, 04:21 AM
ebay, man. it was too easy. I love ebay.

alienpyro
12-23-2007, 01:00 PM
We will probably assemble some kind of fund raiser after we get a list of volunteers and a installers assembled. That is the key at the moment.

Once I get the website up and running, I think it will clarify things for everyone. I am hoping it will be up by later tonight. Probably in the 1 am to 2 am est ball park.

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 02:34 AM
it doesn't look great but it's a start..... If you know of a graphic designer that can help please direct them to the website..

it should be viewable in a few hours

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 08:46 AM
just woke up bump... Happy Holidays!!!

DirtMcGirt
12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
bump

unloud
12-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Just volunteered my vehicle in El Paso

whutaboutbob
12-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I just volunteered my grocery getter in Indy..

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-25-2007, 11:07 AM
bump

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-25-2007, 12:40 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/agerencser/Meandgirliniraq2.jpg

just wanted to show this picture..... and show off the new signature!!!

alienpyro
12-25-2007, 10:36 PM
nice pic... thank you for your service.

alienpyro
12-25-2007, 11:14 PM
bump

BeFranklin
12-25-2007, 11:54 PM
bump
Imagine a Fleet Of Ron Paul cars, trucks and vans parked and roaming strategically in high traffic areas 24/7 Until and on Election Day!

A Convoy of these going to the super bowl for a tailgate party would look EXCELLENT.

alienpyro
12-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Now thats an interesting idea. I wish I could get one in time for the national championship :)

fps4paul
12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Whats the eta on the site?

freedom-maniac
12-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I like the idea.

www.drive4ronpaul.zoomshare.com

alienpyro
12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
keep the enthusiasm going!!!!

DisabledCombatVet4change
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
ok bump for enthusiasm!

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 03:26 AM
jgfccgoyg cant sleep

Man from La Mancha
12-27-2007, 03:32 AM
I have a mini van and would love this but those wraps cost over a $1000.

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 03:36 AM
just sign up... right now we need volunteers... so we actuallly have something to raise money for

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 06:04 AM
goodmorning

CAKochenash
12-27-2007, 08:00 AM
I am a Service-Connected Disabled combat Veteran. I am 21 Years old...

best of luck to ya bro....

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 11:49 PM
bump

alienpyro
12-27-2007, 11:51 PM
check out a preview of the new site!!!!!!!!!! in 20 mins....