PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Seattle speaks from the heart

Netwarrior
07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

We had a great Ron Paul banner making Meetup yesterday in Seattle. I had a video camera with me and threw this video together and it turned out pretty cool. Tell me what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

JoshLowry
07-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Great video. The quality is very nice for youtube.

swatmc
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Nice video. The German Shepard at the end was nice touch.

Ron Paul 08!

yongrel
07-09-2007, 11:10 AM
awesome video! great quality.

angrydragon
07-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Very well done.

specsaregood
07-09-2007, 11:20 AM
WOW, that was really really good.

UCFGavin
07-09-2007, 11:23 AM
zeus for VP!

Man from La Mancha
07-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Good video! Could you tell us what video equipment and software you used to make that video? Thank You

kylejack
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
You guys picked some people with fantastic voices! Great video.

torchbearer
07-09-2007, 11:53 AM
WHo made this video, they are very profesional.

Ava
07-09-2007, 11:53 AM
That was excellent. Imagine, if all meetup groups made videos like that, where each member say why they support Ron Paul. We could run them in commercials, and we'd never see the same face twice.

PatriotOne
07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
I loved that video! That dog bit at the end was hilarious and the perfect ending.

austin356
07-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Humm I wonder if I am related to John Wilkes

........Austin Wilkes here........

FreedomLover
07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
nice video :cool:

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Good video...

theblatanttruth
07-09-2007, 12:23 PM
I must know what type of camera you have...

kern802
07-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Awesome video! It's so refreshing to see a pro's work, and your meetup members had great things to say.

Bryan
07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I must know what type of camera you have...
If you go to the website at the end and check you'll see he lists using a JVC GY-HD110U, this HD camera will run you about $6,000.

http://www.bermanfilms.com/equipment.html

I'm going to be happy if I get a Canon GL2 for a mere $2,000-- not going to happen soon however it seems.

A good tripod help out a bit too. :)

Great video for sure- every meet-up needs to do this, I'll push harder for Houston. :D

cujothekitten
07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, someone in that group is an independent cinematographer. Great video.

TexMac
07-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

We had a great Ron Paul banner making Meetup yesterday in Seattle. I had a video camera with me and threw this video together and it turned out pretty cool. Tell me what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

Someone emailed me a link to that video and I added it to this post (http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/014002.html)on LRC.

You can Digg it here. (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Amazing_Check_Out_These_Ron_Paul_Meetup_Videos)

Broadlighter
07-09-2007, 01:56 PM
If Ron Paul is good enough for Zeus, he's good enough for me!

Great video.

Netwarrior
07-09-2007, 06:29 PM
This little video has started to take on a life of its own and I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback and comments.

I was at a small Seattle Meetup yesterday where we made stencils and banners. There were only about 10 of us at the Meetup and I happened to have a video camera in my car from a job I did the day prior so I thought, "Let's shoot some interviews and see what happens."

We spent about 20-30 minutes interviewing all of the members who attended our Meetup activity. I was caught off guard without any lighting control so we made the best of the location and used all natural light.

Zeus is my dog and he is a big fan of Dr. Paul. I think its because I take him to every Ron Paul Meetup event that I can and I always say "Let's go support Ron Paul." So he now get's excited at any mention of Ron Paul's name!

For those interested, I shot direct-to-disk (no video tape) using a JVC HD-110U Pro HD camera with a an HD-100 Firestore unit (hard drive).

Since I shot only about 15-minutes of total footage, the editing was really easy.

We used a shotgun microphone connected wirelessly to the video camera.

For editing, I plugged the camera's hard drive via a firewire cable into my computer (no digitizing!) and used Final Cut Pro to edit the clips. It took about an hour to assemble the clips and do the titling.

Then I converted the edited piece into a Windows Media Video (.wmv format) and uploaded it to YouTube.

The secret to good quality is getting a high quality Windows Media Video file and optimizing the compression settings, bitrates and codecs prior to uploading it to YouTube.

I hope that answers all the tech questions.

This video has inspired me to want to produce more so if anyone has some good topics, I'd love to hear your input.

DJ RP
07-09-2007, 08:59 PM
This video has inspired me to want to produce more so if anyone has some good topics, I'd love to hear your input.

It's a great piece really good. It would be interesting to see different people talk about ron paul's stance on different issues and be made up into various videos. Then when you ask somebody what issues are important to them you could link them to the video which talks about that issue and they'd see lots of people's enthusiastic support of ron paul on that issue. Maybe even spice in some actual footage of the good doctor too to add emphasis.

Rock on guys!

theblatanttruth
07-09-2007, 09:16 PM
This little video has started to take on a life of its own and I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback and comments.

I was at a small Seattle Meetup yesterday where we made stencils and banners. There were only about 10 of us at the Meetup and I happened to have a video camera in my car from a job I did the day prior so I thought, "Let's shoot some interviews and see what happens."

We spent about 20-30 minutes interviewing all of the members who attended our Meetup activity. I was caught off guard without any lighting control so we made the best of the location and used all natural light.

Zeus is my dog and he is a big fan of Dr. Paul. I think its because I take him to every Ron Paul Meetup event that I can and I always say "Let's go support Ron Paul." So he now get's excited at any mention of Ron Paul's name!

For those interested, I shot direct-to-disk (no video tape) using a JVC HD-110U Pro HD camera with a an HD-100 Firestore unit (hard drive).

Since I shot only about 15-minutes of total footage, the editing was really easy.

We used a shotgun microphone connected wirelessly to the video camera.

For editing, I plugged the camera's hard drive via a firewire cable into my computer (no digitizing!) and used Final Cut Pro to edit the clips. It took about an hour to assemble the clips and do the titling.

Then I converted the edited piece into a Windows Media Video (.wmv format) and uploaded it to YouTube.

The secret to good quality is getting a high quality Windows Media Video file and optimizing the compression settings, bitrates and codecs prior to uploading it to YouTube.

I hope that answers all the tech questions.

That camera is a frickin' ferrari...

I'm ebaying as we speak.

THOMAS IN LC
07-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Great video and quality. I loved zeus at the end. a great touch